European website and demo

Miatt

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

different language. Same reason that the english version had name changes from the jap version

What is weird that all non-English European version got the same changes. It makes sense to change "Cherche" for the French or "Panne" for the Germans (don't know why they didn't change "Stahl" as well), but all changes are applied to all languages (besides English). And "Lon'zu" or "Daraen" are just a strange changes no matter what.

Edited by Lusankya

What is weird that all non-English European version got the same changes. It makes sense to change "Cherche" for the French or "Panne" for the Germans (don't know why they didn't change "Stahl" as well), but all changes are applied to all languages (besides English). And "Lon'zu" or "Daraen" are just a strange changes no matter what.

less effort, this IS Nintendo we're talking about

Does anyone know at what hours nintendo usually updates the eshop? The demo will be released on 28th... Does that means it will be available tonight's midnight or will I have to wait for tomorrow?

Generally the shop seems to update in the middle of the day.

I guess I'll have to wait another day for the demo. I've bought the 3DS when the possibility of a new Fire Emblem appearing on a 3DS appeared. Since then, I didn't give much use to it. Then, FE was announced for the west, I felt relieved that my 3DS purchase was justified. Then Nintendo announced the 3DS XL. I was, until a few days ago, decided to keep the 3DS, but I couldn't resist: I've bought a 3DS XL to enjoy FEA in its full glory. (I know there's a 3DS XL FEA bundle coming, but I don't like the color and specially the decoration, so I've decided to buy the Monster Hunter bundle, black will always be a classic. Also, I prefer to have a physical copy of FEA. :)

Thanks for the info, Wheels.

No problem~

Well, just woke up, so I feebly checked into the store, ntohing as of yet, which is to be expected. As an aside, I really like the EU eShop's layout better than the NA one. They're basically the same, but, the bottom bar in the EU shop with its helpful links to each specific area of the store (Retail Download, Demos, 3DS Games, DSiware, Virtual Console, Only Available In Stores, etc), is so much better than NA's 'We're gonna put another ad bar here like the top row!'

Anywayyyyss XD

12:40 (I'm gonna basically call this 1pm XD) - No show! (UK Time, 2am. Going by the lunch time release places usually have, it should be another 10 hours, so 11pm.)

If anyone's wondering about the weird name changes for some characters, it's likely due to issues French speakers would have with the names. Seriously though, while I don't know why they chose those new names in particular, I have reasoning for why the NoA names don't work.

Cherche >> Zelcher : Her name is based on the French word chercher, obviously an odd name for a woman, especially with the idiomatic phrase "Cherchez la femme (look for the woman), because she may be trouble".

Panne >> Palne: Breakdown/failure in French is panne, so that also makes sense to change that.

Lon'qu >> Lon'zu: Now this one is more for aesthetics. The last part of his name would be considered an incomplete syllable and unpronounceable, like Nn would for us. Qu' only exists as the contraction of que when it precedes a vowel, which then borrows that vowel sound, like this: Le filme qu'il (sounds like 'keel') regarde. That and the original apostrophe placement makes Lon'qu an awkward name to look at for a Frenchie.

What being a French student does to you...

Edited by Perlia

The demo's still not released on the Australian or British eShops as far as I can tell, but the full Australian game site is now up. It's pretty much the European site all over again, complete with the European logo... except its picture of the artbook depicts it as having the American logo. Not to mention, the link to it on Nintendo Australia's front page also still uses the American logo. ?????????????????????????

that's it I give up trying to figure Nintendo Australia out on this one

Edited by bookofholsety

I'm not going anywhere either; I'll probably be bouncing between accessing both eShops for the next few hours

I think it's time to admit I have a problem

Don't worry, we can have a problem together XD

Do these demos usually become available at the same time? The only one I downloaded went online at 2:15 pm here, which would mean we'd still need to wait an hour and 15 minutes.

Edit: Nevermind, a friend just told me that the e-shop always updates at 2 pm on thursdays, so if all goes well we'll have it in an hour smile.gif.

Edited by ThePancake

Don't worry, we can have a problem together XD

Same here...

But i have to get to work in half an hour.

Kinda doubt I'm going to get much done today >_>

Any info on how many uses the demo will have?

Edited by Lexington