European website and demo

Miatt

I hate you. I hope you die in hell before you get the game.

Nice job, man ! I wish I could have had something like that with Liz... She never have good level ups. Shen never gains more than five stats with me (and when that happens, it's never the stats I want)... Dang it, I love Lissa !

Oh, and in the same try, I get Sigurd's Lance, Dying Blaze and 60 Exp ^^' Not better than Aversa's Night or Eirika's Blade, though

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some small and large differences I noticed between the German demo and the US version of FE.

When Lissa says "Hey, I've heard of this! It's called amnesia!" they changed the speech bubble to a "screaming" bubble.

After Frederick says "We're to believe you remember milord's name, but not your own?" they added a speech bubble and Frederick says (translated) "If we all just were blessed with such a handy, selective memory."

After the avatar says "B-But it's the truth." Chrom says (translated): "Listen, it doesn't matter. We can't let you stray around on the fields of Ylisse." Chrom already mentions Ylisse before the MU asks for the name of the country.

In English the Avatar says: "Wait just one moment! Do I have a say in this?" In German he's even more afraid, saying: "I-I'm getting arrested? But I didn't do anything--" :D

In English the Avatar says: "What will yo do with me? Am I to be your prisoner?" Again he's way more afraid in the German version, saying: "I guess I will be enchained. Or maybe you're even executing me?"

Lissa is angrier with her brother. Instead of "I am NOT delicate! ...Hmph!" and "Ignore my brother, please. He can be a bit thick sometimes." she says: "I am NOT delicate! Jerk!" and "If you like, you can ignore my big brother. He is an idiot."

After the prologue fight Chrom says: "Besides, I believe his story, odd as it might be." In the German version he already loves the avatar and says: "...Whereat he can be a friend on top of that."

When Lissa says "Dark meat only for me, medium well, and no salt in the soup, i simply..." she has her happy face. In the German version she strangely has her sad face and says: "Very good. I want a king-size bed and two haunches of..."

Also when she says "But, Frederick, it's nearly dark!" she has her desperate face in the US version, but a happy face in the German version. unsure.gif

Shortly after this she says: "Yeah, well, "stern" is one name for it. I can think of a few others." In the German version she says: "He'd better hunt geese and make a fluffy pillow for me! Hmph..." laugh.gif

German Lissa strikes again. In English she says: "I'll pass on finding firewood, thanks." "I think I built QUITE enough character for one day." In German she says: "Can I ignite Frederick then?" "Whatever... I'll gather wood if he builds us a nice shelter out of it."

Edited by Lusankya

Maybe the German translation was simply done from the original Japanese script this time around, instead of the English script as usual.

It might have simply ended up being closer to the source, rather then the German translators being in any way creative.

Here are some small and large differences I noticed between the German demo and the US version of FE.

When Lissa says "Dark meat only for me, medium well, and no salt in the soup, i simply..." she has her happy face. In the German version she strangely has her sad face and says: "Very good. I want a king-size bed and two haunches of..."

That's probably the only moment that's better in the non-german versions. I love that line ^^'

Maybe the German translation was simply done from the original Japanese script this time around, instead of the English script as usual.

It might have simply ended up being closer to the source, rather then the German translators being in any way creative.

So can we say that the Germans are more clever than the Americans ? ^^'

I personally really like how they've translated Halidom of Ylisse as "Sacro Reino de Ylisse", but I don't like the name changes of Robin to Daraen and Lon'qu to Lon'zu, and I understand why they changed Validar to Valldar because "validar" means validate in Spanish

I don't like why they translated Dual system as "Conversar", Dual attack as "Ataque combinado" and Dual guard as "Quite"

Now they call the Astra skill "Astro", which I don't like

And about the classes, I don't like Knight as "Infantería pesada" if it was named "Caballero" in the GBA, DS and Wii series and Hero as "Campeón" if it was named "Héroe" in the GBA, DS and Wii series

Also, they should have translated Cleric as "Clérigo"

And currently, I've found two errors, they've put Atc when in Spanish should be Atq, and they haven't put the ´ in "Hacha Hector" (Hector's Axe), but in Spanish, Héctor (Hector) is with ´

I'm wondering if they've fixed the glitches in Awakening...

Because Lissa wasn't insufferable enough already?

For you, maybe. But I like her.

I personally really like how they've translated Halidom of Ylisse as "Sacro Reino de Ylisse", but I don't like the name changes of Robin to Daraen and Lon'qu to Lon'zu, and I understand why they changed Validar to Valldar because "validar" means validate in Spanish

I don't like why they translated Dual system as "Conversar", Dual attack as "Ataque combinado" and Dual guard as "Quite"

Now they call the Astra skill "Astro", which I don't like

And about the classes, I don't like Knight as "Infantería pesada" if it was named "Caballero" in the GBA, DS and Wii series and Hero as "Campeón" if it was named "Héroe" in the GBA, DS and Wii series

Also, they should have translated Cleric as "Clérigo"

And currently, I've found two errors, they've put Atc when in Spanish should be Atq, and they haven't put the ´ in "Hacha Hector" (Hector's Axe), but in Spanish, Héctor (Hector) is with ´

I'm wondering if they've fixed the glitches in Awakening...

I don't like "Attaque combi+" (Dual Strike +) either, but I don't see what they could have done about this. I don't like Lon'zu either, but to be honest, I don't like this dude. I'll only use him to be someone's father. I like Zelcher and Palne, however.

For you, maybe. But I like her.

I don't like "Attaque combi+" (Dual Strike +) either, but I don't see what they could have done about this. I don't like Lon'zu either, but to be honest, I don't like this dude. I'll only use him to be someone's father. I like Zelcher and Palne, however.

I like Lon'zu, and I also like him. I also like Zelcher and Palne like you too.

Hey, talking about translations, I just checked the french official site and Validar is still called the same, while it's translated in the game. Weird... but I hope it happens for other characters as well ^^' I hate the two-parts names like Say'ri, even though I already love her

I really liked the french translation, there are some weird names but also nices lines and cool skills names (ELAN VICTORIEUX FTW). But I have already run out of uses, only ten is really cheap...

Also on Lunatic, I managed to get Chrom at lvl 4 and MU at lvl 5 in the same time. Is it feasible to do better ?

And for a MU run only, I got this.

I really liked the french translation, there are some weird names but also nices lines and cool skills names (ELAN VICTORIEUX FTW). But I have already run out of uses, only ten is really cheap...

Also on Lunatic, I managed to get Chrom at lvl 4 and MU at lvl 5 in the same time. Is it feasible to do better ?

And for a MU run only, I got this.

I still can't even beat the first chapter on lunatic...

But in my MU only run (hard) I managed to get him to level 10. His stats weren't as good as yours, but he found nice stuff, like a soothing sword.

Edited by Lexington

I got a reeking box in ch1,

I was like oh yea, now let's summon some sh ...

You can't acces anything in the worldmap yet :(

I still have 7 uses left, since I don't close the demo.

Leave the 3DS in standby with demo open and play the next day -> no usage lost (besides the first one ofc)

I can't beat ch1 Lunatic

But I'm trying to not use Frederick or as little as possible

No luck:(

Maaan, I was playing the DEMO and Daraen missed a hit with 91% to an Archer! Is this even possible? I think it's illegal!

I still can't even beat the first chapter on lunatic...

But in my MU only run (hard) I managed to get him to level 10. His stats weren't as good as yours, but he found nice stuff, like a soothing sword.

I also managed to get him to Lvl 10 by killing all enemies in Prologue and Chapter 1 and then abusing the boss in Chapter 1

I got a reeking box in ch1,

I was like oh yea, now let's summon some sh ...

You can't acces anything in the worldmap yet :(

I still have 7 uses left, since I don't close the demo.

Leave the 3DS in standby with demo open and play the next day -> no usage lost (besides the first one ofc)

I can't beat ch1 Lunatic

But I'm trying to not use Frederick or as little as possible

No luck:(

It happened to me too, but I got Rift Door:

Me: Oh, a Rift Door! How wonderful! Let's summon some merchants to the world map!

*5 minutes later...*

Me: Y I CAN'T SUMMON DA MERCHANTS TO DA MAP!!! Wait, this is the DEMO, oh...

Well, I do something similar: I start the DEMO and when I'm tired of it, I don't close it and leave the 3DS in standby. But I don't leave it in standby the whole night (That's why I have 5 DEMO uses left)

I managed to clear the demo on Lunatic. (After failing a few times... that dumb Risen with the hammer in Chapter 1 killed Frederick...) Yay! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Got Aversa's Night and Celica's Gale on the event tiles of the Prologue, but well... I couldn't use them... ;w;

I managed to clear the demo on Lunatic. (After failing a few times... that dumb Risen with the hammer in Chapter 1 killed Frederick...) Yay! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Got Aversa's Night and Celica's Gale on the event tiles of the Prologue, but well... I couldn't use them... ;w;

Yeah, on Lunatic that same Risen killed Frederick too on my playthrough Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. For Lunatic all I did was pair Fred up with Chrom, while keeping all other units back gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

It's taking me a while to get used to this pairing up and dual stuff. Frederik got owned on Ch1 Lunatic for me, also.

10 uses is really fucking cheap though. I have yet to turn my 3DS off since booting up the demo first time. Just close the lid and keep it charged.

Edited by Raven

I got lucky and evaded the Hammer Risen on both occasions I played Lunatic. After equipping a Bronze Sword and sitting on a fort, Frederick still has like a 30% chance of getting hit though >___<

Which reminds me, the first time I played Lunatic, my Avatar got critted by one of the Myrmidons in the Prologue. Good times!

I got lucky and evaded the Hammer Risen on both occasions I played Lunatic. After equipping a Bronze Sword and sitting on a fort, Frederick still has like a 30% chance of getting hit though >___<

Which reminds me, the first time I played Lunatic, my Avatar got critted by one of the Myrmidons in the Prologue. Good times!

It happened to me too! Frederick evaded the Hammer Risen too with the Bronze Sword and sitting on a fort

I also get critted by the stupid Myrmidon in the Prologue, but the fourth time I played

On Lunatic (finally finished ... Twice)

I used Chrom paired up with Fred on the fort.

The shiny fort tile gave me gauis candy (or something) buffing my def up by 2.

Leaving me with 16 Def (18 with fort)

The archer did 0 dmg and the chief did 4 dmg

First time I got that healing sword (10hp/turn)

And Frederick dodge the hammer guy with it.

I've been making quite a few abortive attempts at the demo's Lunatic Mode this evening, all ending in being completely obliterated in a single turn (maybe two, if I'm lucky). One of the runs ended with Chrom taking a critical to the face from one of the barbarians :/

Prologue is quite easy when you find a good method that works.

But Ch1 is a bit different. I paired up Chrom and Frederik (Frederik in lead of course) and put them on the South fort and kept everyone else back while they killed the majority of the enemy units. Then when Hammerguy came, I retreated and forced him to attack Chrom. So yeah, really just turtled the fuck out of the chapter.

The boss of the chapter was quite lackluster despite having 2-range and 40-odd (47?) HP.

I still need to get to grips with the pairing and assisting thing, though. It seemed totally random when an ally would jump in and block damage one time and not do it again later, same for when attacking enemies.