8. grey
  9. blood
  10. pimp hat purple

Edited by Iridium

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Ephraim's OA literally has his hair in the middle of the green spectrum, though the other is more blue and his in-game hair is almost as blue as Eirika's. Though it isn't the OA used on the boxart, I could see how someone could be confused if they saw the second pic. I always thought the sprite was pretty unambiguously blue though...

OT:

Ike's my favourite, if only because his character arc seems more grounded. He starts off as a true rookie learning the ropes before he grows into someone more capable, unlike some other lords who hardly change at all. That said, Marth was kind of dull even in Shadow Dragon, though I haven't played Mystery or its remake. If I played other games I'm sure my opinion would change and Marth is probably just the victim of being in a game that felt too bare bones and dull for my tastes. It's honestly a toss-up of who I like the least, since Roy is also pretty bland.

I must say I've grown rather fond of Alm, Seliph, and Leif. They're very useful units in FE13, they've never let me down. It's a shame they don't have personality. I really want to try their games out, but the thought of playing such ancient games after being spoiled by FE13, I don't know if I want to.

My favorite Lord has to be Ike. He looks badass and lives up to just as much, has one of the flashiest skills in a Fire Emblem game, and has great character development and personality throughout both of the games he appears him (that and his sense of humour).

Though Hector gets an honourable mention because all he ever did for me was miss, my least favorite lord has to be Micaiah (although I'm not sure if she counts as one); she makes rather weird and dumb decisions at times, and RD pretty much forces you to spend all your effort leveling up so that she becomes competent in her 3rd job, which she gets when you've only got her to about lv10 if you're playing unawarely (although she's at least usable there). Also for the love of god Micky get a point in speed already ;_;

Edited by The Fush

wait

wait

are you telling me ephraim doesn't have green hair

my entire life is a lie

i have always seen it as green until now

waaaaah why are colors so mean to me

No, it's green. I see a little blue in it, but it's more green than anything. Don't worry.

The Fush: You hit the nail on the head there about Ike! Though, I never thought Ike had that much of a sense of humor. lol He does joke once or twice, but other than that...lol. But I found that funny about him. XD Or, was this the point?

Edited by Anacybele

No, it's green. I see a little blue in it, but it's more green than anything. Don't worry.

The Fush: You hit the nail on the head there about Ike! Though, I never thought Ike had that much of a sense of humor. lol He does joke once or twice, but other than that...lol. But I found that funny about him. XD Or, was this the point?

When talking to Deghinsea about them not being aloud to rest in Goldoa so they have to go back through the caves:

"Why don't you just kill us now, then? It'll save us the walk."

Ike Humour.

When talking to Deghinsea about them not being aloud to rest in Goldoa so they have to go back through the caves:

"Why don't you just kill us now, then? It'll save us the walk."

Ike Humour.

Haha lol, I don't remember that one! Ike did seem to have more of a sense of humor in RD than PoR though. Which was one thing that made me love him even more in RD, actually. :P:

How on earth are people calling Ephraim's hair green?

Ephraim.gif

That color is called teal, which is a shade of blue. D8; Or am I just color blind or something? That hair color couldn't be farther from green if it tried.

Actually it's slightly closer to the green spectrum than the blue spectrum if you look at the RBG values of the lightest hair shade, though the 2nd and 3rd shade are definitely blue. I personally think of it as aquamarine and place it in the blue catagory myself, but you could feasibly call it green. And one of the OAs features him with green hair. Everyone's eyes are different and some might skew it green in their perception.

If this somehow affects the likeability of a lord based on his hair colour, I dunno what to say to that.

Edited by Samias

It doesn't effect my likeability, I just can't wrap my head around how Ephraim's hair color could be called green. Everyone's eyes are different indeed, mine are really weird I guess. 8D; All my life I saw his hair as blue, so it's baffling to hear it described as green. The coloring style used in Sacred Stone's OA makes all the hair colors wonky if you ask me, which is why I go by the character's in-game sprite instead. 8U

Ephraim's hair looks bluish to me. I mean, yeah, I can see why it appears green to others, and it really does seem to be in the middle of blue and green. But it leans more towards the "blue" side of the spectrum to my eyes. Ephraim's hair color seems like it would be more variable depending on the individual's eye. It's not like Ike or Chrom or Lucina, who pretty clearly have blue hair, or Roy and Ephraim Eliwood who obviously have red. (And there are lords like Lyn, whose in-game portrait and OA seem to have different hair colors ._.)

Edited by Sangyul

or Roy and Ephraim who obviously have red.

You heard it here first, folks, Ephraim's hair is neither blue nor green, but red. Tell all your friends.

I should probably mention that I am colorblind, but until now it never even occurred to me that it could be anything other than a slightly bluish green.

or Roy and Ephraim who obviously have red.

just what we needed here

A THIRD COLOR

I've just always saw Ephraim's hair color as a darkish aqua green. It's definitely greener than his clearly blue armor. And yes, everyone's eyes are different. Though I can safely say I'm not colorblind, as I've tested myself for that.

(And there are lords like Lyn, whose in-game portrait and OA seem to have different hair colors ._.)

How does Lyn's hair color differ between the sprite portrait and OA? Alm, I can understand, but isn't he the only one among the lords that does this? (And that's not getting into some non-lord examples, which may be justified due to pallete limitations.)

How does Lyn's hair color differ between the sprite portrait and OA? Alm, I can understand, but isn't he the only one among the lords that does this? (And that's not getting into some non-lord examples, which may be justified due to pallete limitations.)

It might actually just be my eyes, actually. But to me her hair color in the OA looks undeniably green. Like the color of forests. Her hair in the in-game portrait looks more teal -- I see some blue in it.

Favorite: Eliwood, though Marth is really close. I used to really like Marth for some reason, and still do, but the problem is that I can't quite think of that reason. Eliwood, who would've been in 2nd before, is now in 1st because I can actually think of reasons why I like him. I like his personality, stats, and story. He just is really like able to me. HMs: Marth, Leif, FE9!Ike, and Ephraim.

Least Favorite: Micaiah. I just don't really find her that interesting, besides her awesome hair. She just seems the most "goody two-shoes" of the lords, until the whole P3 stuff comes up. From what I recall correctly, she knows that joining the war is unjust, but she does it anyway because Pelleas tells her to. I know there are other reasons and whatnot, but it still just bugs me. HMs: Lyn and Eirika.

And about Ephraim's hair, it looks really teal/turquoise/whatever to me, kinda like Miku's hair.

Favorite: Sigurd. He can solo his whole gen, he has a pony, he has an awesome storyline. Not to mention he's like sexiness on a horse. From my stand-point at least. too bad he chose Diedre :P He also is the father of Celice who is one of my honorable mentions, oh yeah and he's the lord of my first FE game ever. So yeah.

HM: Celice, he's just awesome. And technically he's the second lord of my first FE. Chrom. Like the reasons of Sigurd. Except he doesn't have a pony.

Least Favorite: Micaiah. Holy shit. She's so generic I just dislike her. She's like Mary Sue but with white hair and amber colored eyes and stuff. At least she can use magic but Celica beat her to that.

HM: Hector, Albeit those attractive stats his personality just sucks. The majority of his supports are rather boring and highlight his over rowdy self. Lyndis. Her personality sucks too but her stats somewhat suck too.

Wow, nobody likes Lyn? I always liked her because her attack animations were so great. I guess in terms of gameplay, Lyn would be my favorite but in terms of Character, I'd say Lucina, maybe. Eirika would be my least favorite because she just seems kind of generic.

But Eirika is exactly the same as Lyn in gameplay, at least until they promote.

Then Eirika gets 10x more awesome.

I'll admit, I've very new to the series, so I haven't been exposed to more than half of this list.

Out of the ones I CAN state (not counting Marth and Roy because I only know them due to SSB), which is Ike, Miciciah, Chrom and Lucina... Chrom is my favorite so far. His characterization is excellent, even if some of his supports are a bit, awkward. He's a very down-to-earth sort-of guy, and he's extremely easy to relate to, which is even better considering how difficult it is to approach and warm up to most royal/noble characters. Actually, Awakening did a fantastic job with their nobles. Virion, Maribelle, Chrom and Lissa are all very well done in terms of backstory and supports.

Which leads me to the other end of the spectrum... Micaiah. I don't see how someone who supposedly is a saint and does such great things can be so damn selfish and unthoughtful. Just... no. I can't relate to her actions and she isn't memorable in the slightest: how many of you actually remembered that she was a Lord? I personally cannot stand her, and her overbearing presence is one of the reasons that I prefer Awakening to Radiant Dawn, despite the stellar storyline the latter has.

Favorite : Ike.

Least favorite: Roy.

and I don't think I need to explain why :P

Edit : wow why does Micaiah get so many hates? she's not that bad imo. she can beat most of the mages in the game.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Edit : wow why does Micaiah get so many hates? she's not that bad imo. she can beat most of the mages in the game.

Well, on a gameplay standard she's good to have around, because she IS rather powerful.

It's just... as a character, I think, most people - including myself - don't care for her.