What Female-Only Skill to Pass to...Anyone?

128 members have voted

1. 1. GO

• Speed+2
    • Relief
    • Rally Speed
    • Lancefaire
    • Rally Movement
    • Galeforce
    • Resistance+2
    • Demoiselle
    • Rally Resistance
    • Dual Support+
  2. 2. Hmm might as well

• Biorhythm Skills
    • Bane Skills

I find Galeforce situationally useful. For example, if I have a squishy or wounded unit that I don't want exposed to enemy attacks, I can use units with Galeforce to clear out the immediate vicinity or situate them to move a wall. Or, if the unit with Galeforce can also heal, I can have that unit kill an enemy then heal someone. I mean, it's not absolutely broken, but there are situations in which you'll be happy that your unit has it.

I read this post. I just couldn't wrap my mind around when this would ever be useful or even plausible. Final DLC? These situations aren't happening. Main game? These situations aren't happening. Random grunts? These situations might happen, but you've been grinding long enough to where it's wholly unnecessary and essentially flashy overkill.

Just saying "opinion" over and over doesn't mean anything.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Galeforce to be the ultimate mobility skill. Pair Up two units with it and you have three movement actions assuming you can kill units. I've used it to breeze through plenty of levels in the campaign.

Interesting how this entire debate started when Legault decided to snark at me.

She's not going to reach her strength cap either, really.

She has a better chance at capping STR than getting to at least 25 MAG, you gotta admit.

Well yes, I admit, without reclassing a few times.

Ah, reclassing. Though I wouldn't call a 35% MAG growth (is that her growth?) reliable, per se.

c) it's not going to be one of your five best skills for final DLC, where all of this breeding actually comes into play.

Do you have any personal experience backing this up? The one person I've seen who's actually cleared the final DLC considers Galeforce all-important for even getting to the second, harder wave of enemies. "Just kill everything on enemy phase" is not a valid answer when you've only got two turns to clear five waves of cap-smashing enemies loaded with good skills.

I read this post. I just couldn't wrap my mind around when this would ever be useful or even plausible. Final DLC? These situations aren't happening. Main game? These situations aren't happening. Random grunts? These situations might happen, but you've been grinding long enough to where it's wholly unnecessary and essentially flashy overkill.

It's pretty cool for inefficient gameplay and/or imperfect players. I'd say that constitutes a fair margin of players.

Not everyone plays for DLC or builds their skills solely for it. Also, skills are removable. You can remove certain skills that are not pertinent to your objectives and replace them for something else. It's not like getting Galeforce will lock you out from ever getting anything else.

And even if YOU can't wrap your mind around it, that doesn't mean it'll never happen. I HAVE been in situations where Galeforce allowed me to reduce risk. It's possible, even if you can't imagine it.

Also, you're one to talk. You're basing everything off your opinion and throwing it around like objective fact. That you brushed off my post as saying "I brushed it off because I can't imagine it" shows how disrespectful you are and how you just brush off things you do not agree with as unimportant.

In my experience, Galeforce has been the most beneficial for my playstyle and I like wreaking maps with it. But it kinda sucks that a few girls are gypped out of it. Lancefaire is another good female-only skill.

Not everyone plays for DLC or builds their skills solely for it.

I'm aware. I'm looking for a context where this occurs.

And even if YOU can't wrap your mind around it, that doesn't mean it'll never happen.

I'm aware. I'm looking for a context where this occurs.

I did. I couldn't find anything. Please help this slow mind of mine comprehend your complex arguments.

It's the perfect skill to advance your slow moving tanks if you pair them up with units with great mobility. The galeforcers kill an already damaged enemy and on their re-move they switch to the tank once they have been placed in a better position. If you only have tanks you'll be moving slowly, very slowly, and getting into position can take you for ever. Passing it down to male characters can allow you to get different builds that can be useful in certain situations. Characters with higher mobility usually give bonuses to speed, so you won't be needing speed ralliers so much.

And about the Dark Flyer class, I found both Lissa and Maribelle amazing in that class, they have mobility AND power. And Lissa was a DF by the time at the time of the fight with Gangrel, and she kicked ass, like so did Maribelle later on. Any magical character that can ride a pegasus can be a great DF. If you had to stick with the characters staying in the same class, there would be no reclassing system to start with.

And about the Dark Flyer class, I found both Lissa and Maribelle amazing in that class, they have mobility AND power. And Lissa was a DF by the time at the time of the fight with Gangrel, and she kicked ass, like so did Maribelle later on. Any magical character that can ride a pegasus can be a great DF. If you had to stick with the characters staying in the same class, there would be no reclassing system to start with.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I reclassed Lissa to get Galeforce for Owain in my initial playthrough, but I found her to be so effective that I've done it early in many playthroughs since.

It's the perfect skill to advance your slow moving tanks if you pair them up with units with great mobility.

When does this happen during the main campaign.

And about the Dark Flyer class, I found both Lissa and Maribelle amazing in that class, they have mobility AND power.

Seriously? You'll get access to DF, minimum, at 10/10/1 for the price of 5K and losing out on staff utility.

I've never needed more than 1 staff user before Libra shows up in main campaign.

You don't "need" a lot of things. You don't need Nosferatanks, Veteran, or staffs in general. Doesn't make them any worse just because they're not entirely necessary, no?

By the time they're double-sealing, Mariabelle and Lissa will be at or near A-Rank staves. Taking advantage of that is a whole lot better than having more movement, tomes, and lances that will never be used.

Edited by Legault!

Galeforce is good, but not as OMG NEED IT ON EVERYONE as this forum likes to say. I mena, seriously, when people ask about pairings, the answer is always Galeforce/Pegasus knight class, as though all other skills are irrelevant.

I found to be too much work to pass it on to kids not named Cynthia and Severa, and the former will get it on her own probably.

That's also how I feel about it.

Legault, mate, you'd probably have a bit of an easier time convincing people if you weren't so "beep boop what is fun i do not compute" about the whole matter.

Legault, mate, you'd probably have a bit of an easier time convincing people if you weren't so "beep boop what is fun i do not compute" about the whole matter.

If I cared about fun I wouldn't be playing Awakening. Kappa.png

It should be obvious that I consider having discussions about "more objective" quality fun -- funner than the alternative. Maybe Galeforce is good to you because it's fun to use; maybe I consider Demioselle better than Galeforce because I like da pretty harts. I wouldn't claim that it's a good skill.

Edited by Legault!

Yeah, but here's the thing. You're going about doing this whole "i am superior here are my opinions they are superior" thing in a thread where people are mostly just shitting out opinions because they're opinions, you know? This isn't the tier list.

Add onto that that Galeforce *is* a legitimately good crutch skill for anybody playing at less than strictly optimal parameters, plus the fact that you're pretty much the only guy spouting this rhetoric in this thread when a grand total of what, five people have not voted Galeforce so far, and it looks mostly just like you're beating the subject over and over again because ...I have no idea why, honestly. Hell, I went through Lunatic, and I liked having Galeforce on Sumia/Cynthia just fine. Was it strictly optimal for me to have gotten Sumia to Pegasus 10/DF 15/General 4 (i think she was?) by Chapter 15 or whenever you get Say'ri? Probably not, but Galeforce was still both cool and useful.

EDIT: Also I'm going to bed, so Godnight.

Edited by Integrity

Yeah, but here's the thing. You're going about doing this whole "i am superior here are my opinions they are superior" thing in a thread where people are mostly just shitting out opinions because they're opinions, you know? This isn't the tier list.

Yeah this never happened. OP wanted to know why many consider Galeforce overrated, I explained, and then some people and I got into discussion about it.

Probably not, but Galeforce was still both cool and useful.

Demioselle is also cool and useful because of da harts.

Yeah this never happened. OP wanted to know why many consider Galeforce overrated, I explained, and then some people and I got into discussion about it.

But the main question is what female only skill should be passed on. Look at the poll, isn't the answer pretty obvious.

Demioselle is also cool and useful because of da harts.

>disses on Galeforce to the extreme

>hypes demoiselle

u srs

But the main question is what female only skill should be passed on. Look at the poll, isn't the answer pretty obvious.

How many times do I have to tell you that I wasn't addressing the poll itself but the apparent basis behind making the poll.

Skills I would prefer in Final DLC:

All Stats +2

Limit Break

Iote's Shield [fliers]

Rally Heart

Rally Spectrum

Rally Movement

Rally Speed

Rally Strength

Rally Defense

Aggressor

Shadowgift

Ignis

Astra

[X]breaker

[X]faire

Lucky Seven

Edited by Legault!

How many times do I have to tell you that I wasn't addressing the poll itself but the apparent basis behind making the poll.

Where in the OP does it ask why Galeforce is overrated. Nowhere, that's where. You're spouting off Galeforce hate by trying to explain an answer to a question that wasn't asked. The question that was asked was "What female-only skills do people want?" and you came in here with your anti-galeforce crusade.

Edited by Frog

Where in the OP does it ask why Galeforce is overrated. Nowhere, that's where.

"So I noticed in a similar thread a lot of people are talking about how overrated Galeforce is."

I'm trying to be patient with you here but seriously. It's mentioned in the OP, this thread was made wondering what skills would be passed down instead if the skill is overrated, I explained that the skill is questioned by some not based on its pass-down potential but on its in-game utility.

Edited by Legault!

"So I noticed in a similar thread a lot of people are talking about how overrated Galeforce is."

That doesn't explictly ask "why is Galeforce overrated?". If the OP wanted to know about that topic, they'd just go to the other thread.

I'm trying to be patient with you here but seriously. It's mentioned in the OP, this thread was made wondering what skills would be passed down instead if the skill is overrated, I explained that the skill is questioned by some not based on its pass-down potential but on its in-game utility.

You're trying to be patient with me eh? I guess this is a two way thing because I feel the exact same way. It never says "instead", it says "What female-only skills do people want?" and Galeforce is a female-only skill that, as indicated by the poll, people clearly want.