FE: Awakening Lunatic Mode Tier List

Legault!

We don't we just outline the lowest turn count possible and then on a chapter by chapter basis set parameters.

The major idea is like walharts level has an incredibly low turn count that adding 6 doesn't make sense at the moment so I think if we decide on each level there will be less confusion.

Edited by Randa

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Most of the children units will be garbage. As only a few units are going to be proactively used in Lunatic due to the necessity of building up SuperUnits, those children with weak parents will acquire low stats at a paltry base level 10.

2. An inescapable consequence of adding in children will be re-evaluating first generation mothers based on how feasible their children maps are early on. S-Ranking Sully becomes a priority over Nowi as Kjelle's map is far easier than Nah's.

But do we care about prioritizing mothers if most of the children will be garbage anyway? What if we simply assume each parent was used when rating the children, but ignore the effect otherwise? Might not be feasible, I don't know. We could use 'must contribute more than Donnel' as the criterion for a given child actually getting on the list and just ignore Nah and company entirely. Or 'must be reasonably possible to recruit before endgame'.

Edited by Recondite

We don't we just outline the lowest turn count possible and then on a chapter by chapter basis set parameters.

"no more than a half dozen turns" sounds like +6 across the board to me, which is what I was responding to. I sort of like this approach because we don't necessarily need to have the absolute lowest turn totals handy; we can work with a general understanding of how quickly maps could be completed and add in +X turns for each map. This is both flexible and well-defined.

But do we care about prioritizing mothers if most of the children will be garbage anyway?

Absolutely. The main resource to be gained from Children Paralogues isn't the children units, but the gobs and gobs of experience. This makes units like Sully, Lissa, etc. high priorities for S-Ranks, which means they'll see more use early on.

Edited by Legault!

Well-defined standards are essential in a list like this. Please try and remain respectful.

What, 30+ pages wasn't enough for you to figure some sort of consensus out in the hard mode tier list?

Seriously, this is a tier list. Why don't we actually try discussing tier placement for once.

What, 30+ pages wasn't enough for you to figure some sort of consensus out in the hard mode tier list?

Seeing as no resolution was reached and arguments for a more defined criteria were hand-waived and insulted, 30+ pages wasn't enough.

Thankfully, we're already making some progress here with some nice suggestions, and I'm sure this will be resolved quickly enough. If you'd like to criticize my approach further, I'd encourage PMing rather than telling me here. It's very off-topic.

Premonition:3 should be 2 but I'll be nice

Prologue:10

Chapter1: 8

Chapter2: 9

Chapter3: 10

Chapter4: 5

Does this look around right for the first few levels?

Edited by Randa

Seeing as no resolution was reached and arguments for a more defined criteria were hand-waived and insulted, 30+ pages wasn't enough.

Thankfully, we're already making some progress here with some nice suggestions, and I'm sure this will be resolved quickly enough. If you'd like to criticize my approach further, I'd encourage PMing rather than telling me here. It's very off-topic.

And clearly it's not meant to be discussed in a tier list thread, considering a moderator had to cut you off for being off topic. What are you doing bringing the issue straight into a slightly different tier list thread?

And as for discussion of the tier list (about, you know, tier placement), Donnel still needs to be put in the bottom (Flavia/Basilio are somewhat competent when they join, but Donnel is literally untrainable), possibly in his own tier.

Premonition:3 should be 2 but I'll be nice

Prologue:10

Chapter1: 8

Chapter2: 9

Chapter3: 10

Chapter4: 5

Does look around right for the first few levels.

Premonition: There is absolutely no reason for this map to take any more than two turns. Even on Lunatic, Chrom + Silver Sword one-rounds Validar.

The rest sound good. I'd probably bump Ch.2 up to 10 considering that RNG plays a role here.

And clearly it's not meant to be discussed in a tier list thread, considering a moderator had to cut you off for being off topic. What are you doing bringing the issue straight into a slightly different tier list thread?

Talking about a tier list is, in fact, meant to be discussed in a tier list topic. I've been contacted by a moderator who encouraged me to make this topic and explained that tier list philosophy is perfectly acceptable in general (just not in SDS's topic, where his mind is set). This topic has a different lead and a different approach. Please stop with these off-topic posts.

Edited by Legault!

Premonition: There is absolutely no reason for this map to take any more than two turns. Even on Lunatic, Chrom + Silver Sword one-rounds Validar.

The rest sound good. I'd probably bump Ch.2 up to 10 considering that RNG plays a role here.

The reason for three turns is that if you restrict double ups then it takes three turns so.

I'm just trying to outline, somebody else should do this because I play very slowly.

Edited by Randa

I just realized something important: is it even possible to beat Lunatic mode under the rules in the OP? Those of you who hang around GameFAQs will remember that Westbrick used similar rules with his "True Lunatic" runs but he couldn't complete them unless he soloed with a Nosferatank, Avatar, or Chrom. And then he went insane and trolled every topic about how much he hated the game and everyone who liked it until he closed his account, but that's another story.

Chrom, Sully, and Stahl need to go down. Their awful start really leaves an impact.

Tharja should probably go up, since not having to rely on healing like everyone else is very beneficial, unlike in hard.

Donnel still needs to go down, since he's literally impossible to train.

Maribelle and Lissa should go up a bit, since healing's much more valuable on lunatic than it is on hard.

Should I just make another topic to discuss rational turn counts and then come back to the tier list with the parameters for a brisk pace?

Should I just make another topic to discuss rational turn counts and then come back to the tier list with the parameters for a brisk pace?

That might help un-clutter this topic. I'd appreciate it.

in that case 10 for Prologue seems kind of high unless you're doing tons of Fred

also

LTC isn't always the hardest way to do things. There are a ton of chapters in FE12 where the easiest way to beat it is to finish it ASAP because otherwise it's megatuff (6x, 16x, 19+20, 22-24), or like every chapter in FE11 after you get Warp. In this game, rescue/galeforce skipping chapters is usually much harder than dealing with the reinforcements. Note how every chapter has in common that LTCing it involves ignoring a vast majority of the enemies,

::IN favor of either renaming this topic or creating a new topic to define the standards of a non-Max LTC tier::

Turns chapter-by-chapter, or bank of turns for the entire game?

Chapter-by-chapter. It makes things simpler (and simple is good): the turn counts per chapter will be plenty generous, and it avoids conversations about rushing through earlygame so you can "stock up" on turns later on.

There's a separate topic that's been made about figuring this out and I encourage everyone to give it a look and participate.

What's your plan for differentiating units from each other once you establish the baseline turncounts?

Once those are established, the rest should be easy. Using all available turns is both accepted and encouraged, which will hopefully nullify lingering questions like "Is Dark Knight better than Sorcerer since the latter takes more turns, even if it's more reliable?" Better units are those that make the game easier to complete within the parameters.

Wait I just realized something, why is Sully S tier when you greatly implied in the Lunatic Club that units that this mode has very few usable characters and one of the specific bad ones you mentioned was Sully? Doesn't make sense to me. Then again, maybe I misinterpreted. Ah well.