Group Mafia -- Game Over

Sunwoo

Sorry, just got home from work.

I really did not like scorri/Elieson's response to me, and it will reflect below.

Alright, lets see:

Yeah, I'm aware that my slot was inactive, but as soon as I came in which was *Monday* I started contributing. As for accidentally, no, I meant what I said. How many times has someone posted something without reading the thread well and such? I've seen multiple people modkilled because they didn't check the thread before they posted, multiple people miss pages of content because they didn't check, etc. So yes. I meant accident. And I stick by that.

The hell does this have to do with Hated modifiers? I think it was pretty explicitly stated that both needed one less vote to be lynched. I think I made it pretty damn clear that I knew that, too.

If you see an argument that's going no where, explain why it's going no where. You saying that it's petty bickering not only doesn't give anything useful, but it also doesn't help people who maybe don't see why it's petty bickering. So you're just coming in, "contributing", but not actually giving anything useful. Why was it a waste of time for them to be discussing that? What would their time have been better spent on?

Not shitting up the thread with snippy remarks that push nothing. If it's a choice between a bunch of posts that do nothing about alignment versus silence, I much prefer the latter. Remarks such as those are null reads, and give people the "I need to catch up" excuse.

Marth: If no one else was posting, why not try and get her idea to get more discussion? Why not explain why she thought it was a good idea more or try to discuss with people why they didn't think it was a good idea, etc. Instead she just dropped it completely and moved on to a prod vote on someone. If she considers it worthless, then why not explain why? I had very little idea as to why eclipse thought anything about that argument. I'm still not really sure what she thought there.

I'm not so good that I can pull scum reads out of thin fucking air. "Well, how 'bout we push the lynch onto someone who's contribution is RVS" isn't productive discussion.

Manix: Bah, bad word choice. Eclipse didn't push her idea she kinda just tossed it out there and let others deal with it. It seems like a weird and risky thing to suggest would have been a better way of saying what I wanted to say. I wasn't changing my argument, I was pointing out two different things.

PoV arguments are inherently weak, because we're different people. This is a PoV argument.

Look, my whole point on clipsey is not that she's been inactive. It's been that she's been passively active. As in, active lurking type posts. There's a difference there.

I am getting extremely tired of repeating myself.

Also, I'm aware that I haven't been exactly the glowing example of scum reads, but I had only read the thread once at that point and hadn't had many fully developed reads. I'm hoping to have the chance to read the thread again later today and get more developed reads.

This is why I don't want a thread full of posts that do little for the game. It's harder to use the "I need to read everything" excuse if there's two pages of relevant things versus two pages of relevant things hidden in five pages total.

Ok, coming back to this because it's actually pissing me off the more I think about it. Either one of two things occurred. Either you didn't bother to check when I subbed in and are just accusing me of being hypocritical without checking your facts or you saw when I subbed in and chose to ignore it and accuse me of being hypocritical even with that knowledge. As soon as I subbed in, I started to post. 8 people currently have more posts than me in this thread. However, that includes confirmation posts, so actually it's more like 6 people who have more posts than me. Which is half the game, true, but it's only half the game. When I subbed in two days ago. So no. I'm not part of the inactive problem. And if you're talking about Xinnidy, then *say* Xinnidy. Or even say my player slot. Don't say me. Because there is literally no way that your statement is valid if you are talking about me, scorri, personally.

If you couldn't get solid reads when you read backwards, why do you expect anyone else to do so? I still stand by the fact that what you said was hypocritical; if you had THAT many problems, you were either in the same position as me, OR you didn't read carefully (which I call bullshit on, because there was relatively little content when you subbed in). The fact that you were willing to accuse me of the very problem you were having is why I think you need to be taken out of the game. Alternately, you didn't do a good job reading backwards, which is still your fault.

Half the game is not trivial, especially given your claimed Loved status. At full, it means that it'll take half the game minus one to lynch you at deadline (five votes out of twelve players).

Dammit, running out of time. Read my reply to Balcerzak; that covers my views on why it's NOT rolefishing. Also, extracting information in any way I can is bad? I'm SO sorry that I'm using everything at my disposal to scumhunt, since people had a problem with me not doing it earlier. I don't see how you can equate "test to catch liars" with "reaction test"; they aren't even the same thing (in other words, go read Bal's post, because he does a much better job of explaining this than you).

---

NINJA STUFF:

I need Boron to get back and answer something for me. I would appreciate it if she'd hop on IRC/answer my role PM. This determines my vote.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Votals:

eclipse (2): Elieson, scorri

Rapier (2): Serious Bananas, Shin

Xinnidy/scorri (1): eclipse

Elieson (4): BBM, Shinori, Marth, eclipse

Not voting (3): Rapier, Balcerzak, Manix, Fera

Pretty sure these are correct at the time of posting.

Edited by Sangyul

Okay, question answered on IRC. I can do this.

One-shot omniguard here, and I WILL be using my ability tonight. If you want to target me and fail, feel free to do so. I also target someone else and give them the same cool benefits, which is why I think there is way the fuck too much protection in this game.

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

Awesome my favorite part. I had t refreshed in a bit and only had 3 votes on me (as far as I knew) when I claimed insomniac, but I really thought insomniac would be enough since I could at least prove that.

Though obviously I can't prove myself entirely because duh but getting killed off either in d1 or n1 isn't something I really enjoy, especially when I actually have a useful role.

--Refreshed--

So there's BP, Oracle, Omniguard, Doc (that's like almost the game) but that amount of claims I dunno implies minimal other stuff IDK

##Unvote

Arggg thinking

Ok, coming back to this because it's actually pissing me off the more I think about it. Either one of two things occurred. Either you didn't bother to check when I subbed in and are just accusing me of being hypocritical without checking your facts or you saw when I subbed in and chose to ignore it and accuse me of being hypocritical even with that knowledge. As soon as I subbed in, I started to post. 8 people currently have more posts than me in this thread. However, that includes confirmation posts, so actually it's more like 6 people who have more posts than me. Which is half the game, true, but it's only half the game. When I subbed in two days ago. So no. I'm not part of the inactive problem. And if you're talking about Xinnidy, then *say* Xinnidy. Or even say my player slot. Don't say me. Because there is literally no way that your statement is valid if you are talking about me, scorri, personally.

If you couldn't get solid reads when you read backwards, why do you expect anyone else to do so? I still stand by the fact that what you said was hypocritical; if you had THAT many problems, you were either in the same position as me, OR you didn't read carefully (which I call bullshit on, because there was relatively little content when you subbed in). The fact that you were willing to accuse me of the very problem you were having is why I think you need to be taken out of the game. Alternately, you didn't do a good job reading backwards, which is still your fault.

Half the game is not trivial, especially given your claimed Loved status. At full, it means that it'll take half the game minus one to lynch you at deadline (five votes out of twelve players).

Eclipse, you are literally ignoring the point of that part of my post. That was directed at you yelling at me for being part of the inactivity problem. You were yelling at me for not contributing anything on Sunday *when I wasn't even in the game on Sunday* Since joining the game, I've been doing my best to not be part of that problem. I've been posting, I've been responding to posts directed at me, I've been pursing scum reads. I don't know what you're talking about when you said I have that many problems. I had town reads I didn't out, I had null reads and I had one big scum read on you right off the bat. So no. I don't have the same problem as you and any attempt to say so is a blatent misrep. The fact that you're even connecting that part of my post to my claim of you being inactive is a misrep because that post solely had to do with my inactivity and your rep of it, not your activity.

Eclipse, you can Omniguard both you and someone else once?

Also, yeah, pretty sure at this point that Elie is scum.

Glad I caught Boron, because she forgot to tell me SOMETHING IMPORTANT (namely, that I block night actions, so I'm a one-shot jailer). Furthermore, I don't think it's possible to stop this one.

So, Balcerzak, let's have some tea~!

Eclipse, you are literally ignoring the point of that part of my post. That was directed at you yelling at me for being part of the inactivity problem. You were yelling at me for not contributing anything on Sunday *when I wasn't even in the game on Sunday* Since joining the game, I've been doing my best to not be part of that problem. I've been posting, I've been responding to posts directed at me, I've been pursing scum reads. I don't know what you're talking about when you said I have that many problems. I had town reads I didn't out, I had null reads and I had one big scum read on you right off the bat. So no. I don't have the same problem as you and any attempt to say so is a blatent misrep. The fact that you're even connecting that part of my post to my claim of you being inactive is a misrep because that post solely had to do with my inactivity and your rep of it, not your activity.

I think the point is flying over your head. If you jump in, and state that you have a pile of null reads (and I am NOT going to have a scum read on myself), and I am vocally complaining about the same thing, then you're essentially saying that you're allowed to have null reads when you come in, but I'm not for whatever reason. That is completely untrue. Whine about misrep all you want, because you're missing what I said.

Glad I caught Boron, because she forgot to tell me SOMETHING IMPORTANT (namely, that I block night actions, so I'm a one-shot jailer). Furthermore, I don't think it's possible to stop this one.

So, Balcerzak, let's have some tea~!

I'm honestly not your best bet, in all likelihood, assuming I'm reading the winds right, but if that's your call, we'll have a nice chat this evening, while I wait for Sis to post my bail.

Anyway, to prevent any last minute unvote shenanigans, I guess I'll climb back aboard this crazy train.

##Vote: Elieson

Scorri and SB are scum fuck it all

##Vote Elieson

BTW I really am hated insomniac

Elie claims scum and IMO one of these two are scum and the other one isn't because that's the right way to WIFOM

Marth: Why do you say I'm scum? I honestly don't get your case on me.

If all the other claims are true up to this point, PoE (factoring in claims and people on the eclipse wagon) suggests you and SB are scum. Or Shin is Mafia Oracle. Or Fera is scum. And if Eli flips town dunno about BBM but Manix looks pretty townie atm.

tl;dr eclipse vote justification sux

I'm not going to modkill Marth because we literally posted in the same minute. But do try to remember to use post preview, guys, especially near the phase deadline.

The discussion started civilly enough, but none of you were surprised when people started screaming at each other. Things became so heated that some of you nearly walked out. But at the end of the day, it was Elieson who had enough of the arguments (and the others had enough of him whining about everything). He merely announced that he had to get back to his college to do something and left. It wasn't long after his departure that you all noticed that he had dropped something on his way out -- a scrap of paper?

Dear Elieson,

Joseph: What's a pacifier?

Aiden: It's a thing in a baby's mouth.

Joseph: Oh. Why are you in a baby's mouth?

Aiden: I said pacifist! Not pacifier!

L.N.: Really? Because I thought you said pessimist.

You are Aiden H. You are probably the second most annoying person in the Group on a good day. You are a super cynical pessimist, often coming up with the most ridiculous and depressing scenarios. Your opinion on the state of the world and people is low, and you are fond of dark jokes. You always wanted to be a villain in stories. You're often a target for getting stepped on or having stuff thrown at you, and you get pushed around easily.

You usually stay up late, working on schoolwork or gaming or whatever it is you do. Therefore, you may post during the night phase.

Because you're so morbidly depressing and likely to get pelted by random water mammals, you will require one less vote to be lynched because people just want you to stop talking already. This ability is inactive during LYLO or variations.

During the night phase, you may respond to your role PM with: <USER>, my life sucks and this is why. You will spend the night complaining to <USER> about how much everything just sucks. <USER> will be stuck listening to you whine and will be unable to perform their night action.

*snip*

You are allied with Jayden's Group. You win when all threats have been eliminated.

Unsure what to make of this note, you all headed off to bed for the night.

It is now N1. N1 ends on April 4 at 9:30 PST.