Final Fantasy Mafia- GAME OVER, Town Wins

Bluedoom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I'm announcing that Areox will be modkilled if I don't find a sub for him and he doesn't show up by the end of Night 1.

Second, I'm prodding Kay too, although she's inactive on weekends so I hope she posts something at least on Monday.

EDIT: Ok Areox isn't getting modkilled because I forgot Manix found a sub for him lol.

EDIT 2: Ashfire huh? Darn I keep missing these important details in-thread. >_>

Edited by Bluedoom

Marth, pls

When you have time, you could put these in the OP for people.

edit: Darros/Frog wanted me to relay a message so here you go:

Due to a very unfortunate crisis, my availability on the internet is extremely limited until Tuesday. For all of you who want to know, I'm okay and doing well, but things around me are not. I won't be able to be on much, but I don't want to ask for a sub. Doing so, I think, would be extremely rude considering how many subouts have already occurred this game. So please bear with me, I should be back to normal ((though my school workload will remain)) around Tuesday.
Edited by Manix

right now I'm the most inclined to suspect Helios but I guess I will wait until Lucy flips

why

[1:23:13 AM] Lëvîtý: shhh don't bother manix too much we're watching anime about two lesbians that kill people

[1:23:26 AM] Brad: hot

wut. oh tell bizz to watch psycho pass the main character looks like lon'qu and is badass and there's a lot of psychological stuff she'll like it

Keeping my vote where it is because I've seen a ton of rogue fakeclaims in my day

The Unknown Entity cringed at seeing the person that he called Helios be noisy during the night. "Pfft, what a pest. Did he not learn some manners? I suppose pests deserve to be struck by lightning! Too bad though, I liked his distorted voice."

And so the poor man addressed as Helios was struck by lightning.

Helios has been modkilled for not reading the thread and posting during the night. He was:

Dear Helios,

You are the mods, Manix and Bluedoom.

You were the ones who created this setup, but unfortunately you lost most of your paperwork. However you didn't lose all, so you have some info:

<SNIP>

In short, you are the Informed ???.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The next day, MancerNecro came running to tell every one the sad news about... two deaths.

"Everyone, hurry, I've found two dead bodies! It seems Helios and Serious Bananas have died!" he exclaimed. So everyone rushed to the area where they found two dead bodies. Helios' body seemed to be in a very bad shape while SB's body was full of burn marks.

Serious Bananas has died! He was...

Dear SB,

You are Setzer Gabbiani, a gambler who runs the famous Airship Falcon in Final Fantasy 6.

You love gambling and enjoy ogling women. You're a streetsmart guy who can fight but ain't very good at it. You'd even gamble your whole life just for the heck of it. What is up with you man?

You just know how to kidnap people. Except you can screw up and in fact did. You tried kidnapping the real actress Maria but instead wound up kidnapping Celes.

During the night phase, reply as follows:

"Night XX- My dearest, USER, come with me! Let us sit down and gamble from dawn to dusk!" You will proceed to kidnap USER, and USER will not be able to post in-thread. Also, all actions targeting

USER that night will fail.

Oh yeah, you can't stop yourself from kidnapping, the excitement envelops you. After all, that too is a gamble! So you HAVE to reply every night and use you action, no idling. ( or else I RNG it for you > : D)

You can also not kidnap the same player consecutively.

In short, you are the Compulsive Kidnapper.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

"I can't seem to find any notes or parchments on Helios." Ammy said.

"Well the guy was mysterious I guess this was to be expected, especially with all that distorted voice. Who would've thought he was actually two people!" Paperblade thought.

Then everyone saw Prims running as fast as he could to relay even worse news. "GUYS, I SAW BBM BEING WARPED INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION!" he exclaimed. Everyone's jaws dropped at the recent news. BBM, the nervous, somewhat noisy one, gone? He seemed like a good man...

Elieson asked, "Did you see who warped him into another dimension?" Prims replied nervously, "No, I didn't but I guess its that weird Unknown guy out there, looking for us..." Everyone had the look of sorrow on their faces. Three people, all of whom were not out there to kill everyone, dead.

BBM was killed last night! He was:

....???????????

Since he isn't around, unfortunately you don't know much about him. Oh well, its time to find those villains again!

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends on April 3rd, Wednesday, GMT 4:30 AM.

The funniest part about Shinori's claim was that he was like "I'm lying!" when it was determined he was full of shit and then he didn't die until Blitz was like "Fuck this shit Shinori is obviously scum" and shot him.

I wish Blitz was in this game. Actually the reason eclipse died was probably due to him being a hidden player town dayvig so there you go. Honestly did not expect her to be mafia btw, but between her case of the day (which I don't think was a bus) and BBM's Lucina-Mancer-Lucina waffle which I think was attention-drawing and more akin to town having a thought process than scum making unnecessary moves I'm writing BBM off as town at the moment. ( <- still relevant since he was janned I guess) Also think clipsey's defense of Darros looks like buddying a town, but might be biased on that since I believe Darros is silly!town in the first place.

Scum Pool:

In order of strongest to weakest,

- Shinori dropped his vote on Lucy early in the phase and proceeded to active lurk for the second half or so of it. His scorri case and whatnot were never pushed seriously (using the numbers claim to justify this is very ridiculous when Shinori had the same fakeclaim a few games back). Around deadline it was like he didn't even care. Reads as him coasting on the wagon he started imo.

- SB nitpicked at people a lot before jumping on Darros for giving a pass while SB was completely ignoring Mancer. For the rest of the day he basically did nothing and his vote didn't matter at deadline. Really needs to step it up today. o

- Ammy goes on and on about analyzing the Lucina wagon and blams Elieson for sheeping, but doesn't give a fuck about the Mancer wagon and has a vote with basically less substance than Elie's. Like I said, subbing in for a dude with no content while deadline is approaching and you're about to leave is not the time to be obstinate about why you're voting somebody. The implication of his post is that it's questionable to jump on wagons except when he does it or the wagon is on his scumread which is... yeah, pretty much hands down retarded. Also, Shinori wasn't afking but he was totally coasting after the Lucy vote if you look at what he actually posted during the latter half of the day. This all bugs me because I can very easily see Ammy just being town with a playstyle I disagree with but his post is bad enough that I can't really turn a blind eye to it.

- lol @ Kay attacking me for not committing to accusations then disappearing and basically not pushing a single lynch the entire day

- Im mafia

Other Dudes

Helios looks terrible right now and I almost want to wagon him so he can start writing defense posts that catch all the scums and make himself obvtown a la Okarin but tbh I think he might just busy rather than scum. There's been a night phase and your most serious case was wrong, who do you want to lynch?

I can't really get a read on JoshayShin, the JB side of the slot had all of one post that was pretty minimal and Shin was posting waffles which I didn't see one way or the other. There's nothing town about the slot so I'm OK with lynching it if Mancer wants to push but I have more conviction on other people.

Kinda find Cam more silly than scummy. Like, he does weird things such as not voting Mancer when he had the chance but there was really no scum benefit in doing so. Like with Shin's slot I can't really say I think he's town anymore but he's not a serious scumread.

Anybody who I didn't mention I'm basically content with.

##Vote: Shinori

Top scumpick at the moment.

Also Ammy ftr voting syntax here is ## so that the mod can easily find votes with a ctrl+F.

After reading Day 1 stuffs, here are my reads in the spoiler tags, since it's quite a huge amount of them.

[spoiler=Reads]Shinori

Jumps around a lot with his vote in Day 1. That quick jump on Prims then off of Prims and onto Lucina feels like an attempt to buss Lucina in a semi-indirect way.

Vote parked on Lucina after that and stuck with his vote all the way to the end of the phase. I am positive that this is a likely bussing attempt.

His scuffle with scorri puts him in a worse light compared to scorri. His "I know I'm not scum" reminds me of my scummy play in Folgore Mafia and I think that this deserves a mention.

Elieson

ED1 posts are really weird to me. They seem very different from normal Elieson posts from other games, even compared to his semi-role-playing in Folgore Mafia.

Helios

Horribly forced self vote followed by another post only all the way into mid Day 1 reminds me of his coasty Void Mafia play, granted that game was actually OC and not NOC. He has flown quite a bit under my radar and thw constantly infrequent posts that contain a lot of "as mentioned" or "maintaining my reads" statements that serve to make his already small number of posts repetitions of his earlier posts.

Claimed SK Numbers.

Informed Townie vs SK Numbers trade off with scorri.

Prims

Prims makes a lot of very strong assertions that he technically should not be having all the way at the start of the thread. He seems to do this as scum, so I think this is worth a look at. Him calling Elieson as town in ED1 piques my interest as well, because, IMO, Elieson has been acting weird this game.

Prims's approach on my wagon seems wrong to me. He voted for me for a weak reason (IMO anyway) in ED1 and proceeded to vote park for quite a while, while pushing the lynch with "Just vote Mancer" or "Would you wagon Mancer?" without much more other elaboration on why he thinks that I am scum.

BBM

Misinterprets Darros's posts and comments about me, which seemed intentional to me to make Darros look bad.

BBM's early Day 1 comment that he hasn't seen me do anything scummy when people were blowing on me for my Elieson push seems odd to me. Especially when he jumps very quickly into saying "Enough defending you, Mancer" when he has not really made very strong or noticeable defenses of me strike me as odd.

Add on that he was still sticking to "I still don't find Mancer particularly scummy" rather late into the phase. He jumped from "Mancer has not done anything scummy" to "Mancer is scummy enough for a lynch" way too fast.

scorri

ED1 Informes Townie claim.

Informed Townie vs SK Numbers trade off with Helios.

I think that, apart from her claim of Informed Townie, scorri has not done a lot of scum hunting and has coasted off a little bit.

Late Day 1 posts and reads seem okay to me though, and puts her out a lot better than Shinori.

Levity/WREN

Levity ponts out in a mid-D1 post that she doesn't like Darros's flip floppiness on me but proceeds to flip flop on me in the same way anyway.

Frog

Don't know if anyone noticed this, but a significant number of Darros's posts are him talking about not having enough time to post or read, whining about his Biology homework or having inconvenience reading and/or posting. Feels like active lurking and coasting to me.

His comment mentioning scorri's claim seems weird to me, and he seems to be implying that the setup that scorri mentioned was true. He mentions later that he doesn't find scorri scummy, so I don't really understand or like the fuss he had made over the Informed Townie claim.

Comment on BBM tunnelling is a very weak jab and as BBM mentioned, feels like OMGUS to me. His response to BBM feels more like an angered push than an attempt at scum hunting.

Darros has done a lot morw town hunting than scum hunting, which is not helpful, and in a way, helps scum pinpoint and choose their NK targets than help town find scum at all.

Xinnidy

I've seen her post and I pretty much have a neutral read over those posts. I find that Xinnidy is a little too passive about her reads and posts too.

CT075

Don't like Cam's ED1 gambit. He says that Elieson passed a sort of test but it seems the test was pointed more at SB instead.

Sticking to the feeling that Cam was poised to lynch me off Day 1 and that deserves a look into.

Gallade

Semi-active, like what Kay normally does as scum. I'm pointing this out rather than puttinf Kay into the "Unnoticeable" list because this is one of her observable meta. This warrants a look into if Kay continues the trend.

JBCWK/Shin

First post of the Day was a few reads, saying he was unable to commit to a vote then dropping a vote on me. Contradicted himself right there in that post and was a littke opportunistic with his vote.

Rewind past all of the other events and I think that he deserves another look at for his "a waste of a lynch" comment.

Snike

Early game choice to remain and stick to his RVS vote pings me off, especially as Prims had mentioned before about the SB/Cam/Levity scuffles. If he could post that he wanted to keep his vote in RVS, I believe that he could have mentioned and reacted to those scuffles too.

He admits that SB deserves a look at in his next post which contradicts his choice to ignore such happenings and remain in the RVS.

The vote park he placed on me which was removed immediately after I claimed seems a little too drawn out to me, especially when in the later part of the Day phase, he gices me the impression that his vote on me is more on my general attitude rather than on me being generally scummy. Note that at that point, the only thing scummy was possibly my Elieson push, as agreed on by a few players.

TL, DR Section

I find these people scummy in this order: Frog > BBM > Shinori > Snike > Prims.

These people need additional looks into: Cam, Gallade and Shin.

These people are soooo unnoticeable (Unnoticeable Section): WREN, j00 and Ammy.

Right now, I want Darros to actually scum hunt: ##Vote: Frog

Right now, I want Shinori to explain his behaviour and vote on Lucina on Day 1.

Prims's approach on my wagon seems wrong to me. He voted for me for a weak reason (IMO anyway) in ED1 and proceeded to vote park for quite a while, while pushing the lynch with "Just vote Mancer" or "Would you wagon Mancer?" without much more other elaboration on why he thinks that I am scum.

Dunno what to tell you other than that I didn't think the reason was weak - scum indeed can't search for scum intent as easy as town, and you have had scum games in the past where you'd tunnel on an illogical point or case (like the rolespec in Elie's game), and nothing else really made me feel better about you since until late in the day you had quit the game.

Also, I want to note that we have to take another look at scorri's claim because of Helios's semi flip of being Informed. Is it likely that there are two Informed on town's side when scorri's role seems to be Helios's role + slightly more information?

I don't think we should worry about scorri's claim. I doubt she would even claim numbers as scum in the first place unless it was offered as a safeclaim, in which case Marth obviously thinks it's reasonable to have both an Informed Townie and a Census Taker in the same set-up. So yeah, null tell probs

I'm pretty sure our claims are slightly different. I'm Informed: Numbers, whereas Helios was Informed: ???? where ??? is something to do with the SK.

Anyways, I'mma go read eclipse's ISO and hopefully come back with something in a bit.

Don't worry guys no one targeted Xinnidy last night.

And I don't have much to say. I though Lucy was scum so since she was being lynched I was leaving my vote on her.

##Vote: Darros.

I'll elaborate on this later.

Oh and just since I know some sort of wagon will most likely build up on my I'll go ahead and save the time and claim.

I'm Kuja. I've hinted at this heavily. I'm a voyeur.