Final Fantasy Mafia- GAME OVER, Town Wins

Bluedoom

Tbh, I lost my point when trying to show how Elieson has overreacted, lol.

I think Elieson, from his aforementioned overreaction, is scummy from overreactions to claims and rolefishing from Levity and scorri, granted, he did pass his question towards Levity as a joke.

His response to scorri makes me feel that if he were a theoretical scum, he was surprised that scorri seemed to knoe his scumteam numbers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could you clarify what this means please

This is a joke based on alien stereotypes, and continuing on from my previous post.

ie when internet aliens first land, and they say some variant of "Take me to your leader", you'd be perfect, because bam, you'd be Leder.

In other words, I'm getting a weak null/slight town read, though I feel like you're acting a bit jumpy given that I have to be explaining this.

@Snike: There's more than just the Elie and SB exchanges. There's the part about scorri's claim, and Levity and SB's scummy role proclamations. I'm satisfied that you placed a vote with a more justified reason though.

Personally, I think that there might be a 1v1 thing happening between SB and Levity, but that's not actually fully concrete because it's entirely possible that town does have two scummy roles (it's possible that Roleblocker is considered scummy too).

Why would you say this when Rule 20 exists? Trying to scumhunt off of flavor or roles in this game is clearly not going to work as stated in the rules.

@Snike: There's more than just the Elie and SB exchanges. There's the part about scorri's claim, and Levity and SB's scummy role proclamations. I'm satisfied that you placed a vote with a more justified reason though.

Two scummy roles?

As a great genie once said

shazam!

How is this an overreaction, Hell, a serious reaction?

Please tell me that you read no emotion from this. The repetition of the question, the ellipses and the usage of "wait" and "specifically" makes me feel that there is a lot more to this post than you want to let on.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Elieson's alignment.

##Unvote

##Vote: Mancer

In other words, I'm getting a weak null/slight town read, though I feel like you're acting a bit jumpy given that I have to be explaining this.

i just wanted to know what you meant because i had two different definitions in my head

How is this an overreaction, Hell, a serious reaction?

You misrepped my post.

Scummy role proclamations is the noun form of proclaim a scummy role. I'm talking about Levity and SB's claims rather than about Elieson's reactions to them.

##Unvote

I concede to this, cause I was distracted by trying to show how Elieson had overreacted.

You misrepped my post.

Scummy role proclamations is the noun form of proclaim a scummy role. I'm talking about Levity and SB's claims rather than about Elieson's reactions to them.

You're blowing Elieson's reactions out of proportion and generally confusing the hell out of me. Stop that.

Also drop the damn case.

I did not. You were going on about overreactions, then posted this^, while now I realize you're trying to say that it was directed to the first part of my post which I cut out, but that doesn't quite cut it, when the things you mention do not need to be commented on. I am aware of them, and that is enough.

To beat around the bush, the way you phrased the response looks like you're trying to tie it to Elieson's case. Which is why I posted my response. Deal with it.

Oh god what is going on. By the looks of things Mancer is being typical by jumping around and making himself look bad. The other two games I played with him he did this and flipped town. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be the same. This looks like a town argument to me based off my previous experience with Mancer.

Then again metagaming is kind of terrible and I feel bad for this because I could be oh so very wrong. Either way I think Mancer is overreacting.

j00 should still post something because I'm not unvoting until he does or something else worth voting over happens.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Darros

Says what Mancer is doing is scummy, doesn't vote for him on terms of him doing this all the time (boy who cried wolf argument), and then just stays with his inactive player prod.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Darros

Says what Mancer is doing is scummy, doesn't vote for him on terms of him doing this all the time (boy who cried wolf argument), and then just stays with his inactive player prod.

Oh god what is going on. By the looks of things Mancer is being typical by jumping around and making himself look bad. The other two games I played with him he did this and flipped town. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be the same. This looks like a town argument to me based off my previous experience with Mancer.

Then again metagaming is kind of terrible and I feel bad for this because I could be oh so very wrong. Either way I think Mancer is overreacting.

That doesn't say that I found him scummy. Quite the opposite, really. And what exactly is wrong with prodding an inactive player? It's not like it's something that isn't done. I have no reason to vote Mancer if I'm seeing him as town.

Maybe I should have specified. I think Mancer is a townie who is overreacting. Because I don't have scum vibes on him and I think I should have been more explicit in saying that.

j00 should still post something because I'm not unvoting until he does or something else worth voting over happens.

The bold says that you think what he's doing is scummy, or at least bad play. However, you say he's town and don't vote for him because he's done it as town. But meta in that sense is bad because if Mancer looks scummy as town, why would he look any better as mafia? Saying lolMancer is a bad reason for having him as a townread, because when he actually is scum, he's going to slide by you. And prodding inactives as a serious vote and not an RVS at this stage in the game is not very useful because the most likely explanation is that j00 hasn't seen the thread yet. Voting for him allows you to get around having to actually scumhunt while still appearing like you're doing something.

The bold says that you think what he's doing is scummy, or at least bad play. However, you say he's town and don't vote for him because he's done it as town. But meta in that sense is bad because if Mancer looks scummy as town, why would he look any better as mafia? Saying lolMancer is a bad reason for having him as a townread, because when he actually is scum, he's going to slide by you. And prodding inactives as a serious vote and not an RVS at this stage in the game is not very useful because the most likely explanation is that j00 hasn't seen the thread yet. Voting for him allows you to get around having to actually scumhunt while still appearing like you're doing something.

I thin it's poor play, but not scummy. He's picking fights is what he's doing, or at least it is FMPoV. IT's a bit hard to tell. It's detrimental to town, but I don't have any scum vibes from it at alfor some reason I'm not getting scum vibes from it. It might be a bad idea for a town read, but I don't see him as being scum. All it looks like to me is that he overreacted to Elieson, but it doesn't give off any scum vibes.

I don't see a problem with voting j00 on my end. Prod votes on early D1, which it still is because we've only been here for 12 hours, are pretty acceptable. As soon as he posts something, my vote comes down. And I'm still trying to scumhunt. I've posted something that resembles a view ((though it is a mess)) already, which is more than some people have.

Right now, my scumdar has me looking at scorri. Her numbers claim is a very easy mafia fakeclaim. I mean they know their own numbers, and could easily give them out and call it a claim. She's not posted enough for me to really get a read at the moment though. I'm just playing with theory here. ;/

Elie is a town bro. I am sadly not the third party scorri mentioned. My role is townie as fuck and Levity and SB are chumps.

I don't find SB scummy, though, it makes sense for him to want Cam to vote with him if he thought Elie was scummy. Levity is probably mafia.

##Vote: Helios

It's pretty weird that SB/Cam/Levity all had a kerfuffle and a lot of people ignored it to continue jokevoting but a selfvote takes the cake since it's totally useless.

I don't get it. "Levity is probably mafia" >Proceeds to RVS Helios.

##Unvote

What do you think about the entire rest of the situation? This seems like a really weak/easy vote.

##Vote: Prims

Frankly I think that mancer also kind of jumped on elie too fast. Especially since I didn't really see Elie's reactions as scummy. Lucy's post was also quick to jump on Elie and I find that weird. @Lucy: Any other thoughts my lovely canary?

Banana-face is still someone I don't like. His reactions towards Levy seem weird to me. Like he's just trying to force that something scummy is gonna happen but since he's claiming he's town. I don't know. Seems like he put too much emphasis on his role being scummy more than he had to.

I'll post more later I'm feeling kind of weird at the moment. I'm not feeling as awesome as I normally am. I need me my Elie love back.

Numbers isn't exactly a safe mafia claim. If you go look at SF2 for instance, Shinori tried to fakeclaim numbers and was just wrong. If I were scum, I wouldn't know for sure that there was a third party for instance. I could guess that there was, but then if I'm wrong, I look bad. And if there is and I guess that there isn't, then I look even worse. Numbers is a fairly standard role and as I've stated earlier, based *simply* on the rules themselves we shouldn't be hunting by roles especially when your logic for why you're hunting by roles is flawed.

What do you think about the entire rest of the situation? This seems like a really weak/easy vote.

Mancer is pushing a bad case that isn't there with points that have nothing to do with Elie's alignment because he is the scums.

My Helios vote wasn't RVS, and Levity is actually probably not mafia (but still could be). Wanted to see what she'd say, though.

BBM, what do you think about Mancer yourself? I find Darros null as is; he did the same votepark thing as pseudo-town last game and if he's not finding people scummy then where would be a better place for him to put it? Based on previous games here I think that illogical, forced ED1 scumhunting is a lot worse than not having scumreads (note that Darros is still trying to read people) when discussion is just starting to get serious. In fact if you want to paint the latter as scummy than scorri is a lot worse, she just posted again and I don't remember her giving any opinions at all so far?

Yeah, I haven't given any opinions yet. Tis true. I've been reading the thread over and am trying to sort out the differences between gut feelings and actually pings with support behind them right now. Expect a bigger post in say... 10 minutes?

Numbers isn't exactly a safe mafia claim. If you go look at SF2 for instance, Shinori tried to fakeclaim numbers and was just wrong. If I were scum, I wouldn't know for sure that there was a third party for instance. I could guess that there was, but then if I'm wrong, I look bad. And if there is and I guess that there isn't, then I look even worse. Numbers is a fairly standard role and as I've stated earlier, based *simply* on the rules themselves we shouldn't be hunting by roles especially when your logic for why you're hunting by roles is flawed.

Alright, I get you. I think that personally creating a "fake" third party could screw up things and make people confused, but once people find out I can see bad things happening to the claimer. I've never ever actually seen numbers as a role on SF, but if you say it's standard I'll roll with it. You've been playing a lot more than I have. I'm not trying to hunt based just off roles, it was more of "is scorri's claim legit" because at the time I thought it was an easy fakeclaim. And in regards to numbers as a duplicate role, it would be pretty silly if the numbers role turned out to be a duplicate one.

And FTR I don't really have a scum read on you, scorri. I was just kind of theory-ing out loud about your role claim, trying to show that there's more process to what I'm thinking than just lolMancer. From the interaction we just had I have a bit of a town read on you.