Fire Emblem Awakening Confessions!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might use the small female MU once only because of the eyepatch. Seriously why can't we have the goddamn eyepatch on big FEMU >|

Otherwise I use large female MU exclusively because she has an assertive-looking pose. Could do with more muscles though.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Morgs should be able to marry anybody just like Avatar. |:[

*marries first gen character*

*breaks the timeline even further*

yeah that's right, Avatar is now 0th gen, get at him (or her)

Edited by shadykid

Quoting this just because the shortened link said "ass growth"

*marries first gen character*

*breaks the timeline even further*

yeah that's right, Avatar is now 0th gen, get at him (or her)

Avatar and Morgs are Time Lords anyway. What does it matter? :B

Morgs should be able to marry anybody just like Avatar. |:[

If that could happen, theoretically you could marry a Chrom!Morgan to Lissa. I wonder what THAT would be called...

It's called Infinite Regalia and/or Golden Gaffe.

Spare me. You make an case for weapon weight from the standpoint of strategic depth, and when someone points out that you don't have a leg to stand on (you're ignoring opportunity cost, and inherent usefulness of weaker weapons), your retort is to use DLC/skirmishes to grind, which... removes strategic depth.

This is an argument straight out of a Cracker Jack box. Your complaints are dismissed.

The AI in this game baffles me sometimes.

For example, they will gladly run face-first into your War Clerics, Valkyries and Sorcerers and completely ignore the stack of corspes that said units leave in their wake.

Even funnier is that I paired Lucina up with Brady during a skirmish and took Brady's axe off of him. Watched as the enemy proceeded to rush him. Because Brady trains using DDR in his spare time, he dodged practically everything... and in the rare instance he DIDN'T Counter kicked in. All while Partner Lucina's impressive Crit/Dual Strike rate kept killing stuff for him.

Either A, my Brady's simply ridiculously OP (which it can't be because he's not Morgan) or B, this AI is very special indeed. I especially loved watching them, armed to the teeth with hammers by the way, sail RIGHT past Paladin!Chrom.

[/shrugs]

On an unrelated note, Ein. Your signature is adorable. And I KNOW that chibi on the right is Chrom, but that left chibi... isn't that...

Wait. Isn't that one of the portraits for a class in Etrian Odyssey IV? I totally cannot remember the name of that class either, it's really awkward. Starts with an L or something?

I especially loved watching them, armed to the teeth with hammers by the way, sail RIGHT past Paladin!Chrom.

Only Great-Knight!Chrom has to worry about Hammers. D: IIRC Hammers cause bonus damage to Knight, General, and Great Knight.

Only Great-Knight!Chrom has to worry about Hammers. D: IIRC Hammers cause bonus damage to Knight, General, and Great Knight.

Oh.

Maybe that's why they ignored him them!

Thanks, Faye. ^^

So I'm just reading the convos from the Harvest Scramble DLC and

wow I dislike Severa a lot less now

And hell I wish Kjelle's characterisation was more like in this too

DLC why are you better than actual supports

Also for fuck's sake artist why did you not draw Kjelle really buff I mean it'd give a great chance for more body types for women and she's referred to as having arms that could dual-wield halberds and washboard abs

Edited by Thor Odinson

So I'm just reading the convos from the Harvest Scramble DLC and

wow I dislike Severa a lot less now

And hell I wish Kjelle's characterisation was more like in this too

DLC why are you better than actual supports

Also for fuck's sake artist why did you not draw Kjelle really buff I mean it'd give a great chance for more body types for women and she's referred to as having arms that could dual-wield halberds and washboard abs

I bet she's really buff but the armor prevents her to look like so

But yeah, some DLC convos are just great.

Wait. Isn't that one of the portraits for a class in Etrian Odyssey IV? I totally cannot remember the name of that class either, it's really awkward. Starts with an L or something?

Landscknecht.

You can also call them landsharks and people will know what you mean.

Now that I have the game, I have more confessions to share with you all!

- I really want to use Gregor, but pairing him up with any of the female characters just feels awkward due to his age. Same with Ricken. Good thing they can support each other!

- I hate Vaike a little less now, but he still irritates the crap out of me.

- Miriel and Frederick make a great pair. As do Gaius and Cordelia.

First one:

The greatest problem and hurdle in this game (for me):

Marriage.

I just can't decide, I've looked at everything and just can't decide which woman I should go for.

for example I don't like Emmeryn too much (and out of all females in this game, she is the least prettiest imo) but I feel bad for her amnesia and there is just one way (besides death) to cure it.

I'm thinking about it way too much, more than everything - when I should spend it on more important matters like reclassing, tactics and stuff. I didn't even finish one playthrough because I am stuck at this point.

Just everyone seems to have a major flaw (Tharja being too creepy for me, Cordelia being too obsessed with Chrom and Lucina.. it's weird, she's from the future and her actual self is still a baby.

Second one:

I didn't play Fire Emblem since Rekka no Ken, so I had to get in shape. Still my stubbornness didn't allow me to go for the lowest difficulty, so I had to go for classical hard. The start was really frustrating, totally not needed. That's one of my greatest flaws - even if I would have more fun on a lower difficulty, I don't go for it.

Second one:

I didn't play Fire Emblem since Rekka no Ken, so I had to get in shape. Still my stubbornness didn't allow me to go for the lowest difficulty, so I had to go for classical hard. The start was really frustrating, totally not needed. That's one of my greatest flaws - even if I would have more fun on a lower difficulty, I don't go for it.

For me it was the opposite. I own all localized FEs, played through Awakening's demo on all difficulties, and for some reason still decided to make my first file on normal difficulty. It's the file I play all DLC on and I've come to regret it because most of the postgame stuff is too easy. I'm tempted to replace it with a hard mode file with mostly the same pairings and the same Avatar but I'm hesitant because of all the time I've put into my normal file :/.

Berserker Laurent is a thing to behold. I really didn't regret my Gregor/Miriel. Mine ended up going into a dorky Vantage/Wrath/Astra + Katarina's Bolt build.