New Mewtwo forme/Mewtwo-looking-dude confirmed

Konnor97

As far as just the design goes, I'm speculating (with a little bit of confirmation bias, to be sure) that some people like[d] Mewtwo in that capacity precisely because of how fucked-up he looks- lanky and angular/bony form, that weird tube, how compared to Mew he looks almost malformed, though still relatively simple, I guess "iconic" is the word I'm looking for. I don't find the new dude horrifyingly bad or anything, but I don't really get what his deal is just by looking at him in quite the same way.

Beyond maybe "we tried to tone down the nightmare fuel a bit this round of genetic tinkering"

But then I don't remember spending money on Pokemon since like ten years ago, so I wouldn't really care about my opinion if I were the people making it either

They say this Pokemon is supposed to be brand-new, and not an alternate form of a pre-existing Pokemon. Meaning this is definitely the Mewthree everyone has been waiting for.

tumblr_lja4r1C42G1qg03nz.png

They also say we're supposed to learn more when the trailer for the next movie comes out...as well as the next movie itself. Can't wait!

Edited by Karaszure

http://www.pixiv.net...ust_id=34851094

I could see this happening...

I just didn't really like the new Pokemon cause it resembled Mewtwo too much for comfort but.... that picture totally makes up for it. Maybe that's just what happened!

In all seriousness, probably not. But perhaps these talks about a second attempt at cloning Mew happened...? That sounds more interesting than just giving a new form to Mewtwo. Mewtwo is fine and OP enough as it is.

this mewtwo is more like a white super buu (the super buu with piccolo and gotenks absorbed)

That and the original mewtwo looks closer to Freiza than this new one.

Mewtwo is a badass. The original 580. I kind of like the design, and I know it will grow on me even more. Good thing Mewtwo, still one of the most deadly Ubers for over 5 generations, is finally getting some official spotlight. Still waiting for a REAL Ho-oh to show up in a movie though. Probably not going to happen as they are constantly churning out legendaries and the number of movies and number of Legendaries featured tend to correlate. No room for oldies. I just contradicted this entire new movie with Mewtwo... don't mind my last sentences, and I'm too lazy to edit this.

On a competitive note, Since Mewtwo now is a 130 Speed 154 SAttacking demon, I also look forward to a defensive variant. Maybe with a new type, as Shaymin did with his sky forme. Maybe one of the new types that will be introduced.

Here's what I'm thinking in terms of Stat distribution:

HP 154

Attack 90

Defense 110

Sp. Attack 130

Sp. Def 90

Speed 110

ps. yeah, kinda looks like mew a lot more, which is what a clone... is suppose to do.

Apparently one of the promotional posters called it the "Eclair forme" so if it's a new Mewtwo forme, it's a "Lightning" form ie Speed

If that's true, that would actually makes a lot of sense considering that (if I remember correctly), it was said that Genesect's "tucked-in" position thingy was supposed to be some kind of high-speed position. Maybe Mewtwo's new forme is something it does to try and counter that.

Apparently one of the promotional posters called it the "Eclair forme" so if it's a new Mewtwo forme, it's a "Lightning" form ie Speed

Or it's covered in chocolate and filled with cream.

Maybe it's Mew's true evolution? Doubt it, but that would be nice.

Needs to be named Mewthree. Can't break that trend.

Except Legendaries don't have evolutions.... and I doubt they'd break that tradition.

Maybe it's just like that picture from pixiv. Mewtwo was hungry and accidentally ate his own tail.

Mewtwo is a badass. The original 580. I kind of like the design, and I know it will grow on me even more. Good thing Mewtwo, still one of the most deadly Ubers for over 5 generations, is finally getting some official spotlight. Still waiting for a REAL Ho-oh to show up in a movie though. Probably not going to happen as they are constantly churning out legendaries and the number of movies and number of Legendaries featured tend to correlate. No room for oldies. I just contradicted this entire new movie with Mewtwo... don't mind my last sentences, and I'm too lazy to edit this.

On a competitive note, Since Mewtwo now is a 130 Speed 154 SAttacking demon, I also look forward to a defensive variant. Maybe with a new type, as Shaymin did with his sky forme. Maybe one of the new types that will be introduced.

Here's what I'm thinking in terms of Stat distribution:

HP 154

Attack 90

Defense 110

Sp. Attack 130

Sp. Def 90

Speed 110

ps. yeah, kinda looks like mew a lot more, which is what a clone... is suppose to do.

Except, HP doesn't change between forms, and I doubt they'll change this now. It would be to much of a bother....

This ought to be interesting. Does this mean that Mewtwo was recaptured by scientists and experimented on more? Poor guy... :<

I saw this more of a Good form. Instead of using his power to defeat his opponent, he decide to use his power to help others, and reveal his true form.

...Cue end of the movie, where he die after saving the world, a smile on his face...

I totally could see that happens ! And that would explain why he looks closer to mew.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's another one. Possibly a "brother" of Mewtwo. Perhaps the mewtwo in the movie remembers Ash and sticks with his canon personality? [not gonna happen]

All in all, I'd be interested to see how the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga handles it.

They made him badass. Now I hope he reclaims the title of "most powerful Pokemon" back, that was the only reason I hated Arceus so much is he replaced Mewtwo.