Do We Want More DLC?

164 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Series 3 of DLC if it existed?

• Yes, all of it!
    • Whichever packs/maps look interesting/useful.
    • Probably not, but I'd have to see what it's like.
    • No way, we're getting enough extra paid content.

So I've been thinking about this for a while:

f94824db1db7d4f113de320b920ade00.png

While of course it's not terribly likely that we'll get another round of DLC, but still, is there a demand for it? Would you buy a whole nother series were it released?

True, they've already put out the "Final" DLC in terms of difficulty, but why not add some novel things? Maybe more maps in the vein of the Bonds ones, or perhaps the more-challenging maps could be like the final battles of yore, which would have different styles/objectives. Just think of taking on epic dragons (where you would actually be fighting the dragon and not taking cheap shots at some weak point or whatever) like Medeus on Talys Isle! or FE7's Fire Dragon on Talys Isle! The game doesn't really have much in the way of those sorts of enemies aside from the larger Risen in that one map. Plus, this could be a totally reasonable excuse for Fire Emblem on Mars!

I mean, they could pretty much do whatever they want with it, I dunno. Or, is there anything in particular you'd like to see? Like I keep mentioning, I'd really like to download something that lets my units use different graphics, like those they start with despite being different classes.

Edited by 47948201

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they came out with another round, I'd certainly buy it. Don't even care what it is, take my money. But if I had my choice, it would be proper models and recolors for the Spotpass/DLC characters, or expanded support options. Or a new post-Lunatic mode that isn't stupid. Maybe some challenge maps with set teams rather than your home-grown units (to preserve some semblance of balance).

I'd want other DLC characters, really. I was surprised not to see Hector and Eliwood as DLC when all the other lords and even a few non-lords got to be DLC.

But other than that, it depends on what exactly the DLC will be about.

Oh yeah, if DLC came with maingame support options rather than just Talk conversations, that would be rather cool. Some characters really want more development, and that would also be a nice thing for completionists to put a deal of time into. I rather like that idea.

Personally, I'd rather they started working on ideas for FE14. Although if they did release something like additional supports or something to expand the main story like the Future DLC I would likely buy it. Anything else I'd have to consider if it's really worth it.

I actually had an idea: All Star characters.

Have folks like Link(Bow Knight. Fr Srs), Ganondorf(Dark Knight +Shadowgift), Zelda(Sage), maybe Peach(as a bride. C'mon. PINK DRESSED BRIDE.) and maybe some other characters that could feasibly be in there. Hell, Simon Belmont as a Berserker. I'd take it.

Oh yeah, and add Sigurd, Hector, and Eliwood to the list of DLC characters, seriously. They could use some super-pretty artwork. (Eldigan, too. Come on, now.)

Well the Nihil skill is needed thats enough to make me want to buy a whole new series. Hector, Eliwood, Siggy(Sigurd), Sothe, Al, and some other lords need to be put in. Also if FE in Mars, maybe put Zero in(from Mega Man either X or Zero) as a swordmaster with counter due to the virus. They can get as crazy as they want, IDC I'll buy whatever they make.

Battle of Barhara clip please! :awesome:

Have folks like Link(Bow Knight. Fr Srs), Ganondorf(Dark Knight +Shadowgift), Zelda(Sage), maybe Peach(as a bride. C'mon. PINK DRESSED BRIDE.) and maybe some other characters that could feasibly be in there. Hell, Simon Belmont as a Berserker. I'd take it.

Oh yeah, and add Sigurd, Hector, and Eliwood to the list of DLC characters, seriously. They could use some super-pretty artwork. (Eldigan, too. Come on, now.)

what's Mario's class dry.gif

need a version of The Strongest One's Name with fog of war and status staves

Well the Nihil skill is needed thats enough to make me want to buy a whole new series.

Holy wow unless you could Nihil Nihil which would just mean -1 skills slot to everyone this seems mega OP in a game where half the game itself is training units to have skills that can counter other units' skills.

Holy wow unless you could Nihil Nihil which would just mean -1 skills slot to everyone this seems mega OP in a game where half the game itself is training units to have skills that can counter other units' skills.

bring Parity, laugh at everyone else while you stack passive skills like Galeforce, Renewal, Lifetaker, etc. while they get nothing

Nihil on the other hand is just stupid

IS pls hire me to draw pictures I may not be that good but I sure as hell need the money

I want Butlers. That is all. Preferably on Sigurd or Seth. Gender neutral class. Everyone in a butler suit forever.

Also somebody mentioned additional supports and I like supports.

There's a huge probability that I'd buy a 3rd round of DLC should it be released. What would definitively interest me would be a cavern of time-like series of DLC, with the Grimleal trying to interfere with major battles (like the fight against Zephiel in FE6, or the battle of the first Exalt against Grima) or events (like Eirika/Ephraim/Marth's escape, Manfloy's big screw up) and the player being sent back to see that everything goes according to history. As for rewards... either characters (in Eldigan's fashion) from the related game, or weapons like SoS or the Valkyrie staff.

For example I could totally see a DLC where Lewyn is captured (like in Oosawa's manga) and about to be executed (in a special fashion, to prevent him from being possessed, finding Julia and advising Seliph in the second generation). You then have to infiltrate with MGS's theme a castle with Fury to save him. As a reward you get Fury's card from old Hubba or Naga or whoever you want.

I'd be more interested by a second batch of spotpass though

Edited by Sartek

Hell, new classes would be hard to resist. Especially Groom.

I would be into this ONLY if they made custom models, and if Mario came with the exclusive Plumber class wielding Fire Flower. And Hammers.

Edited by Owain Dark

what's Mario's class dry.gif

Hero. Go watch an anime called "World War Blue" (aoi sekai no chuushin de). Mario is seen like 6 minutes in (In the First Episode, not that there's very many. 2 last I checked. Might be 3 now., not sure. It doesn't update frequently.) and whips out a broadsword and goes One Piece on a battleship and does so while looking very "Hero" like (And having a rather evil Yoshi. Of course Mario and the rest of the Nintendo characters are the villains of that anime...). (Link is throwing bombs (and the Fire Emblem representative who looks like Minerva is helping drop bombs) everywhere in that scene but never mind him.)

Also, No Nihil. At all. Never again. Unless they bring back FE4 Wrath (And also FE4 ATK multiplying (Not Damage multiplying) Crits) and then give that to bosses who are like Julius: nigh impossible to damage.

Edited by Airship Canon

I'd Only be interested in new DLC characters if they (and past DLC) characters get their own unique model. >> I want Leif to be wearing all white, I want Seliph to have long hair, I don't want my money to be wasted on lifeless glorified My Units. If they do DLC characters, they better put some damn effort into them.

I'll be glad whem I see some new DLC, but I prefer no DLC over it. Stop promoting FE13 and make a proper FE14 already. FE13 has some fundamental things (weapon system, class system, and of course, the whole overall story) that won't be changed unless it's another game altogether.

Nihil is a great skill to counter Sol/Luna/Aether/Astra, Counter, Vantage, and Wrath. Skills that can activate in battle only. So that when I play exponential growth I don't worry about f***ing Entombed countering me. (I'm too cheap to buy ranged weapons).

More Spotpass would be cool! Special events that can be replayed. I wanna see Chrom's reaction in Battle of Barhara and realize why Alvis was depicted as a villain. We need Al in a game, at least once!

Nihil is a great skill to counter Sol/Luna/Aether/Astra, Counter, Vantage, and Wrath. Skills that can activate in battle only. So that when I play exponential growth I don't worry about f***ing Entombed countering me. (I'm too cheap to buy ranged weapons).

Yeah, and it's terribly stupid. Nihil should never, never, never come back to the series. EVER, unless they're putting bosses into the game that can literally only be fought by people who have the skill because they have a 100% to instakill.

Or it's a SKL/16 (Rounded DOWN) Activation itself.

And then Lunatic+ is pretty much not Lunatic+ anymore.

Same with the Strongest One's Name DLC.

Defeats the point of those modes if you just have a doubled/paired up Chrom and Avatar with Nihil.

FE10 Endgame pissed me off when it ended up being boring Nihil + Fortune bosses vs. Nihil equipped units.

What the HELL was the point of skills if you're just going to use it against generics that never stood a chance anyway?

Yeah, and it's terribly stupid. Nihil should never, never, never come back to the series. EVER, unless they're putting bosses into the game that can literally only be fought by people who have the skill because they have a 100% to instakill.

Or it's a SKL/16 (Rounded DOWN) Activation itself.

What the hell are you talking about?