Do We Want More DLC?

164 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Series 3 of DLC if it existed?

• Yes, all of it!
    • Whichever packs/maps look interesting/useful.
    • Probably not, but I'd have to see what it's like.
    • No way, we're getting enough extra paid content.

I'd take anything made into the 3rd DLC Series. Even Fire Emblem on Mars. I'm that die hard of a fan and I'm frankly curious with what they would do with the premise.

What I wish it would include though are fun accessories to customize avatars or even main story characters with. Obviously it wouldn't affect the portraits, but it would be cool to see and differentiate in other streetpass teams, and it would solve the generic DLC/spotpass avatar problem, especially if you could make them look more like their counterparts (helmet for Black Knight, not to mention black armor, etc.)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you talking about?

he's exaggerating about the 100% instakill part, but FE10 endgame bosses were really lame with Nihil everywhere

tbf, Deghinesa is an 18% chance of getting instakilled without Nihil

And then Lunatic+ is pretty much not Lunatic+ anymore.

Same with the Strongest One's Name DLC.

Defeats the point of those modes if you just have a doubled/paired up Chrom and Avatar with Nihil.

FE10 Endgame pissed me off when it ended up being boring Nihil + Fortune bosses vs. Nihil equipped units.

What the HELL was the point of skills if you're just going to use it against generics that never stood a chance anyway?

Nihil won't break the game... The game has been shattered to bits by the OPTIONAL DLC. Limit Break, Paragon, Stats +2, and the entire Golden Pack broke Lunatic+ a long time ago. You don't have to use Nihil, reclass, DLC, Spotpass, or anything the game gives you as an option, not even the children. YOU chose to break the game. So don't blame Nihil or fortune or FE9 Wrath Ike vs BK, or whatever else you use for ruining the game.

Back to the topic. I just hope they don't have a map for Validar, that would be just too weird having Validar as a playable character. I hope one day they will make the Heroes of FE playable. I think just having Anri playable would be awesome.

Edited by JosefLior

Nihil won't break the game... The game has been shattered to bits by the OPTIONAL DLC. Limit Break, Paragon, Stats +2, and the entire Golden Pack broke Lunatic+ a long time ago. You don't have to use Nihil, reclass, DLC, Spotpass, or anything the game gives you as an option, not even the children. YOU choose to break the game. So don't blame Nihil or fortune or FE9 Wrath Ike vs BK, or whatever else you use for ruining the game.

Back to the topic. I just hope they don't have a map for Validar, that would be just too weird having Validar as a playable character. I hope one day they will make the Heroes of FE playable. I think just having Anri playable would be awesome.

um

hypothetical Nihil turns Lunatic+ into regular Lunatic, making the existence of Lunatic+ pointless

um

hypothetical Nihil turns Lunatic+ into regular Lunatic, making the existence of Lunatic+ pointless

I'm pretty sure they can come up with restrictions, like it works only on the enemy's turn as one of the few defensive skills, that way Vantage+ isn't negated, plus the other skills could still activate when you get countered.

Edited by JosefLior

I'm pretty sure they can come up with restrictions, like it works only on the enemy's turn as one of the few defensive skills, that way Vantage+ isn't negated, plus the other skills could still activate when you get countered.

um

What he said was what I was going to say.

One could argue that their decision to remove Nihil altogether was a conscious design decision, considering how skills are more a part of this game morso than the others.

The abilities to break the game is there because of the fact that Lunatic+ gave an absolute advantage to your enemies. In essence, the Strongest One's Name is designed to one up you. "You broke the game? Well, here's our response. Your move."

Even with your suggestion of Nihil only working during the enemy turn without Vantage+ being negated? Well you just negated Counter, Luna+, Absolute Hit, Pavise+, Aegis+ on their turn. It's not Lunatic+ anymore when those skills aren't functioning on the phase where you're the most disadvantaged. You make the best moves you can and PRAY that your units survive counter.

Even if you have broken units due to grinding via DLC on Lunatic+, you can STILL die. Your suggestion of Nihil even with restrictions turns Lunatic+ into Lunatic, again making the mode pointless.

If anything DLC not maps, I'd like it to have an option to have Lunatic+ skill enemies on lower difficulties and/or omit counter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well....... the Awakening DLC already decimated my wallet... but I would totally go for more, especially Spotpass/Dlc custom sprites/battle models...

Oh, and All Star characters would be amazing. I want Zero, I want Link, I want Ganondorf and Zelda, I want... I was about to say Marth, but then i realized

that he is my only favorite Super Smash Bros. char that is actually in the game...

Depending really. I mean the DLC has put a large dent in my wallet, but the DLC handling in America will save me at least $20 that would paid for all the maps that I bought in the end. I mean most of them, like Elincia, Leif, and Celice's DLC chapters, wouldn't have bought if these packs weren't available, I saved a lot of money this way and got more for my money.

At this point, I'm all for more maps. I've saved enough to buy the equivalent of 4 maps as of right now so one more set can't hurt. I still want a Eliwood, Hector and Caeda DLC. Heck I'd like to see some of the Laguz come in, even if they have to be Taguels or Manaketes. Or you know, a Dancer Ninian, I'd throw my money at Nintendo to have another Dancer.

Personally, I'd rather they started working on ideas for FE14

No.

We want the sales to go well enough for this game that both Nintendo of Japan and America are putting forth effort into making this game a success as we want the development of the next game to be even better. More money=Better Game Development.

Ganondorf(Dark Knight +Shadowgift)

lol

He should get Wrath.

need a version of The Strongest One's Name with fog of war and status staves

Luckily this along with FE's 2, 11 and 12 are the only games in the series to not have status alignments.

I'd be more interested by a second batch of spotpass though

Yeah, we should have Priscilla and Feena. -.-

Nooo please! We've a lot of DLC! We don't need more! My wallet is dying! D:

Also, it's a bit late to start making a 3rd Series of DLC...

Nintendo can take my wallet. I'll get em slowly bit by bit upon future releases.

I think just having Anri playable would be awesome.

He should have his own game!

We need to know his comrades and how his side of the story went.

Depending really. I mean the DLC has put a large dent in my wallet, but the DLC handling in America will save me at least $20 that would paid for all the maps that I bought in the end.

It hurts that in the Japanese version they don't offer packs.

Edited by ポーラ

No.

We want the sales to go well enough for this game that both Nintendo of Japan and America are putting forth effort into making this game a success as we want the development of the next game to be even better. More money=Better Game Development.

Well yes, but with that logic we might as well say we hope for 10 rounds of DLC as that will net them even more money to put toward the next game, even if it also means it'll take that much longer for said game to start getting made... I'd say at this point Awakening has done well enough in Japan and America to yield a sizable profit and for Nintendo to take notice.

Edit: Not to mention making more DLC would itself require money that could instead go toward a brand new title.

Edited by Owain Dark

All I want are custom models for DLC characters(Hey I spent my money on you so at least look the part) and no more blue aura hovering over them.

I actually think the blue aura should be used more, myself. Like other people's avatars and teams - thinking about it logically, you wouldn't actually be able to encounter alternate versions of the people in your party led by some alternate version of you, unless they're Einherjar. And Einherjar glow blue. So they should have made the other teams blue, too.

On a semi-related note, I wish you could upload a custom avatar portrait - mainly for creating "custom Einherjar".

More on topic, I would definitely buy more DLC if they did a third set.

I'd love to see Hector, Eliwood, and Sigurd get their own DLC art. An update to DLC Eldigan to give him new art would also be cool. Playable soldiers/halberdiers would also be quite awesome - Unfortunately, none of the 3 lords that still need DLC would really fit this class well. So they could do a Nephenee DLC, or just have the solider/halberdier DLC work differently than the other DLC classes. Since it is a bit of a different situation, anyway. And there are several weapons that I think should have made it into the game, like Durandal, Wing Spear, and the Sword of Seals.

And some sort of DLC that makes all characters retain their colors when reclassed (also applying to DLC characters) would be fantastic.

And then Lunatic+ is pretty much not Lunatic+

(I read the whole comment I just hate seeing long quotes)

Like I said there are many restrictions that IS can come up with for Nihil. Such as: low HP, Skl/x %, Luck %, turn, Emmeryn logic, Walhart=vegetarian, whatever.

Nintendo can take my wallet.

He should have his own game!

We need to know his comrades and how his side of the story went.

1. I'd do direct deposit of they want!

2. What comrades? Didn't you play FEs 3 and 12??? He soloed the entire thing!!! (exaggeration) Iote, the Grust knight(can't think of his name), Cartas, Nagi, and a few others I think.

I wanna also play Miracle of Darna!

I'm a fanboy. I'll buy anything they sell. I'd like to see some more DLC that focuses on characters. Maybe some more character art too.

Edited by Z3R0

What the hell are you talking about?

If Nihil comes back, it better be only because there's enemies with absurd skills that are guaranteed, 100% to kill you if you don't have it. (And honestly, Eclipse was not enough.) (I dunno, Hawkeye, Lethality+, Vantage+, Range 1-10. Counters Siege Tome or something like that) or it's got a "Chance to Negate Enemy Activation Skills. Activation Rate = SKL/16."

...In short, it's a DAMN GOOD THING IT'S GONE. And it should never come back.

Edited by Airship Canon

Well yes, but with that logic we might as well say we hope for 10 rounds of DLC as that will net them even more money to put toward the next game, even if it also means it'll take that much longer for said game to start getting made... I'd say at this point Awakening has done well enough in Japan and America to yield a sizable profit and for Nintendo to take notice.

Edit: Not to mention making more DLC would itself require money that could instead go toward a brand new title.

The point why many of us as well as Vince is getting us to burn our money, so that we can get more of these games in English.

If Nihil comes back, it better be only because there's enemies with absurd skills that are guaranteed, 100% to kill you if you don't have it. (And honestly, Eclipse was not enough.) (I dunno, Hawkeye, Lethality+, Vantage+, Range 1-10. Counters Siege Tome or something like that) or it's got a "Chance to Negate Enemy Activation Skills. Activation Rate = SKL/16."

...In short, it's a DAMN GOOD THING IT'S GONE. And it should never come back.

Yes, those are exactly the same absurdities you spouted before. And I must ask once again: what the hell are you talking about? Why would those abysmal conditions ever be necessary?

Yes, those are exactly the same absurdities you spouted before. And I must ask once again: what the hell are you talking about? Why would those abysmal conditions ever be necessary?

To justify the worst skill ever.

Only with such extreme conditions would the skill ever be justified in returning.

It's gone, and shouldn't EVER come back, unless there's absurdly horrid conditions (either it's an activation with an absurdly low chance of even activating (like 4-5% at best) or it's absolutely required, you have no choice.) Not coming back is still vastly preferred.

To justify the worst skill ever.

Only with such extreme conditions would the skill ever be justified in returning.

It's gone, and shouldn't EVER come back, unless there's absurdly horrid conditions (either it's an activation with an absurdly low chance of even activating (like 4-5% at best) or it's absolutely required, you have no choice.) Not coming back is still vastly preferred.

Buddy, you're forgetting the part where you haven't given the slightest justification for why it is "the worst skill ever" and would need such extreme "justification".

I seriously can't believe I'm the only one here who wants some DLC-original content.

As in, completely new character(s) and setting(s).

As in, not lazily reusing old assets with shiny new coats of paint (as much as I adore Alm, Seliph and Celica's DLC artwork).

Something completely new, made just for FE:A DLC. That'd be awesome.