What's more important in a unit for you? stat growth or base stats?

Gold Vanguard

84 members have voted

1. 1. What determines it?

• Stat growth. It's fine that you start off kinda slow. As long as you turn great then i'm ok.
    • Bases. I don't mine that your growths suck ass, look at them base stats! You definitely have a spot on the team!
    • I choose who I want to choose. Neither of these two options determine who's on my team. Good day sire.
    • I like a little bit of both, problem?

For myself personally, the characters I choose to be in my team are chosen because of their story, personality, support and portraits.

Those factors flesh out the characters. Which in my own opinion is what makes Fire Emblem so enjoyable.

I also generally, let myrmidons and mage-knights be favored but I dislike knights and (sue me.) cavaliers. :3

Edited by Rufiya

Hmmm...decent base stats is preferable for me only because I don't grind so units that can't stand on their own right away will get benched. However, I generally select a mixture of both base and growths. In a typical map, I bring several cavaliers/mounted units, maybe two or three magic users, an archer, a wyvern rider/lord, myrmidon/swordmaster, and an axe user. Give or take. Absolutely no Pegasus Knights. Usually no armor knights either.

I just use characters I like.

Which is why my FE9 runs always consist of Ike, Oscar, Kieran, Mist, Jill, Ilyana, Mia, Nephenee, Astrid, Marcia, and Elincia. >_>

It just depends on the game for how my team turns out to be.

FOR EXAMPLE

In FE7 I use all of the flying units. All of them. Even Vaida. But mostly Florina.

Edited by Ein

Neither - I just use whoever I feel like. Though of course, I do have preferences, like anyone else. (Mainly healers, mages and pegasus knights.)

Depends on the game, for games that you can't really grind/train outside of arenas such as FE7 I'm more apt to use base stat characters until they stop being useful and continue to rotate my team until the end. For example in FE7 I rarely use Nino. On the other hand in games that I can grind (or at least give out bonus EXP) like FE8 and FE13 my preference is on growth rates, in those games I tend to use trainees and other high-growth rate units.

Personality though has some basis, there are some units I use even though they aren't statistically the best simply because I like their personality or looks. While others with great growths/base stats I bench because I simply don't like them.

I prefer units with higher growths, because it's so satisfying to see Ryan turn from puny to god-tier with some help and leveling. This is also my favorite part of Fire Emblem: The possibilities of raising units and making a man out of them.