Yeah...a solution seems impossible without overextending my staff uses...sigh. Stupid 20x. I guess I will have to 3 turn without any staff uses. My last idea was to Again a Horseman in Turn 2 after killing the second General so I can reveal the floor near Eremiah and warp Marth. The problem now is that I have to Again Marth twice after that. And that's just not possible either. I HATE YOU CHAPTER 20x RAGE.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could go back and 1 turn Chapter 14 with those staff uses now that I think about it.

Obtain Warp with Horseman Ryan like last time. Send it to convoy. Warp Marth with someone to Gotoh. Step on the tile. Thief the Again with a random reclassed Cleric. Now Again Marth with Malicia so he can move down and kill the Bullion (L) thief. Kill a random Ice Dragon with someone. Again Marth with Yumina (would need to promote her via Drill Ground) so he can go down further. Dance him with Feena and warp him. So I guess I'm redoing that and recording it (though I won't record the rest again since it will be the same)

EDIT: Of course, this means I have to redo my staff uses:

Chapter 14 -2 warp -2 again -1 thief

5 Warp 1 Again 2 Thief 2 Hammerne 0 Rescue

Chapter 15 -1 warp

4 Warp 1 Again 2 Thief 2 Hammerne 0 Rescue

Chapter 16 -2 Warp (this time Im doing it with a bosskiller instead of Marth) -1 Thief

2 Warp 1 Again 1 Thief 2 Hammerne 5 Rescue

Chapter 16x none

Chapter 17 -1 warp -1 hammerne -1 warp -1 again

6 Warp 0 Again 1 Thief 1 Hammerne 5 Rescue

Chapter 18 -2 Rescue -2 Warp

4 Warp 0 Again 1 Thief 1 Hammerne 3 Rescue

Chapter 19 -1 Warp

3 Warp 0 Again 1 Thief 1 Hammerne 3 Rescue

Chapter 20 -2 Warp -1 Thief -1 Hammerne

7 Warp 3 Again 0 Thief 0 Hammerne 3 Rescue

Chapter 20x NONE SCREW THIS CHAPTER

Chapter 21 -1 warp -1 rescue -1 warp - 1 Again

5 Warp 2 Again 2 Rescue

Chapter 22 -1 warp -1 warp -1 Again (alternative: -3 warp 0 again)

4 Warp 1 Again 2 Rescue

Chapter 23 -2 warp

2 Warp 1 Again 2 Rescue

Seems fine.

Edited by PKL

I have gone and made a playlist for this playthrough so you can review/rewatch whatever you missed more conveniently, or if you haven't seen them, now's your chance to watch them. :) This is the final stretch, I've gotten back to Chapter 20x and will probably begin to record the last few chapters of the game tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOyEd86YwZldtbItelXudUdEIpL310VTn

Edited by PKL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=hLAbey3jPA4

This chapter was hell. Took me quite a lot of time to figure this one out. I had to buy a bunch of boosters for this strat to work. So I sold all my useless stuff to get almost 50000G so I could buy 2 speedwings, 3 energy drops, 3 spirit dusts, 3 talisman, 3 robes and 3 dracoshields.

The boosters were distributed like this:

Marth- Dracoshieldx2 (allows him to survive that onslaught at the end by the Generals and make the longbow snipers attack someone else) Arms Scroll (A swords)

Ryan- Robe, Dracoshield, Arms Scrollx2 on Swords. This allowed him to use the Master Sword and ORKO without a crit (useful when recording because Catria already has to crit the General in Turn 2) He also needed more durability to survive at the end and make it to Eremiya.

Caeda- Energy Drop allowed her to KO the berserker after Marth used Levin Sword on him in Turn 1. If she missed, I had Etzel for backup in EP though I wanted to avoid that because etzel is prone to a crit.

Catria- Energy Drop allowed her to OHKO the General if her crit went off. I obviously did this so she would avoid the counter.

Feena- 2 Robes and a Speedwing so she could survive the Longbow Sniper that would inevitably attack her in this strat.

Etzel- 5 dusts for recovering Ryan more hp if he got hit during Turn 1 and because he needs them for Gharnef anyway. I also gave him an Arms Scroll for A tomes.

Remaining boosters: 2 Energy Drop 1 Speedwing

Thanks, yeah, I hate it too now lol. So annoying. Also, I forgot to say Marth received the 3 Talismans and that was crucial to the strat as it makes Eremiah target Palla over him so he can survive.

O1XefWG.png This is the end, friend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=uSRG44vD-MQ

It's been so fun planning the strats for this run and then making them work. I really enjoyed this playthrough. Hopefully, you did too!

My final turncount is 107 turns. Managed to cut the turn from my expected 108 turns. This is as low as it gets barring a 1 turn of Prologue 6 Draug, which probably has about 0.000 something chance of happening...and I'm not kidding. Had a lot of fun and I've decided I want to LTC a GBA game next. Leaning towards FE7 LHM+EHM over FE6 HM.

Marth: what better way to end the run than with a Shin level?

Edited by PKL

Etzel is totally OP.

Congratulations on finally beating it, even if I never watched most of it because there was no Castor. :P

Now we wait until FE12 comes in the tag-team.

Etzel is totally OP.

Congratulations on finally beating it, even if I never watched most of it because there was no Castor. :P

Now we wait until FE12 comes in the tag-team.

Etzel is the best!

Thanks.

Dammit Marth

But then again, he did overkill Medeus...

xD yeah.

Has there ever been an FE7 ltc log that skipped lhm?

Hmm...I'm not sure. Maybe I'll do that.

Edited by PKL

Marth is surprisingly tough on this run, only needing the help of others in bosskillling just because he's too busy seizing to deliver the punishment on his lonesome (and because Marth cannot wield Starlight I guess). That second crit on Medeus sure was overkill!

Etzel's magic was crazy too (4 points above necessary I think?).

my still-not-yet-complete 0% run skips LHM.

Oh, right. You should get back to that :P

Awesome job, PKL!

I kinda want to do an FE7 LTC run on HNM that skips LHM, but we'll see.

Thanks!

And sure, I'd like to see HNM NOTdraft LTC without Lyn Mode. I'll probably do LHM+EHM or maybe EHM only. I feel like Eliwood mode is really unexplored because everyone and their mom plays hector mode. #hipster

haha congrats bro :D

so what's next? i remember you wanted to try fe5 =P

Thanks bro :D

I will play FE5 after Im done with FE4 for sure. But Im afraid it'll be awhile before I ever attempt to LTC FE5.

good job bro, some afternoon i think i'll watch all the videos past 14 to see the warp shenanegins

Nice job on the run.

Marth is surprisingly tough on this run, only needing the help of others in bosskillling just because he's too busy seizing to deliver the punishment on his lonesome (and because Marth cannot wield Starlight I guess). That second crit on Medeus sure was overkill!

Etzel's magic was crazy too (4 points above necessary I think?).

Yeah, that's what Growth Drop and feeding kills to Marth intensely does!

And yeah, I kinda forgot that there's a droppable Spirit Dust in Chapter 19 when you kill the boss. That's why Etzel had more mag than neccesary lol. Like, I think base Etzel with all 5 dusts and Pot can OHKO Gharnef with the Starlight crit.

Thanks bro :D

I will play FE5 after Im done with FE4 for sure. But Im afraid it'll be awhile before I ever attempt to LTC FE5.

great! i wanna see how your first fe5 run goes so pm me :D

i'll help if i can~