New Forum Software

Jyosua

It's actually more complicated than you think. It interferes with the way the page urls work, if two people have different settings. I can see why it was removed, but it's unfortunate as it was a pretty useful function to have.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah. If I have mine set to 40ppp and Jyosh has his set to 20, my page 2 is his page 4. Therefore if I link him to a post on my page 2, it links to a post on his page 2 and the posts aren't the same.

Too bad they couldn't have just had a fix for it instead of outright removing it.

Has the name history button become a thing of the past?

Nvm, apparently i didn't look hard enough. Its in the person's profile. Right next to their about me page.

Edited by SlayerX

Oh my god turn off Lightbox. Worst script ever.

Bring back the youtube autoplaying if you can too that was fun

I'd be fine if the autoplaying were limit edit to FftF but ugh, Lightbox? Really?

av-299.jpg?_r=0av-299.jpg?_r=0av-299.jpg?_r=0

Good luck cliking that link.

Edit: It works here but not here.

So not only is it problematic, but it's inconsistent, which makes it a bug.

That's infinitely worse.

Edit again: Nope, the link got busted (not sure how). Fixing the link made it clickable again.

Still, Lightbox is annoying. I can't use my right click/context menu. There should at least be an option to turn it off.

Edited by Solais

Sometimes when I go to post a reply in a topic, I get sent back to the main forum page. Does anybody know of anything that I can do to stop this happening?

Oh my god turn off Lightbox. Worst script ever.

Bring back the youtube autoplaying if you can too that was fun

I'd be fine if the autoplaying were limit edit to FftF but ugh, Lightbox? Really?

av-299.jpg?_r=0av-299.jpg?_r=0av-299.jpg?_r=0

Good luck cliking that link.

Edit: It works here but not here.

So not only is it problematic, but it's inconsistent, which makes it a bug.

That's infinitely worse.

Edit again: Nope, the link got busted (not sure how). Fixing the link made it clickable again.

Still, Lightbox is annoying. I can't use my right click/context menu. There should at least be an option to turn it off.

No. Hell no. Autoplay videos are the most annoying invention across the entire internet, infinitely moreso if they are unwarranted or just outright ads.

Also my right-click context menus work fine, everywhere. Perhaps you should check into a browser update, or maybe change to a different browser.

You have to drag an image to a new tab.

STILL don't know why we switched to this new forum software when it's a downgrade in every aspect. Didn't anybody test it before putting it on?

You have to drag an image to a new tab.

STILL don't know why we switched to this new forum software when it's a downgrade in every aspect. Didn't anybody test it before putting it on?

If you don't like this forum, then you can leave. You seem to enjoy talking shit about this place whenever you can... I don't appreciate it. That is just your opinion and I have already stated it was for security reasons. Upgrades are always necessary. Leaving us with several-year-old software is a good way to invite vulnerabilities to be taken advantage of.

I second at least giving us an option to get rid of the so-called Lightbox, if possible. I'm running the most up-to-date (non-beta) version of Firefox, and whenever I right-click an image in the body of a post, it sees fit to pop up the stupid window.

(EDIT - And, it's only the body of posts that it happens in. Signature images, avatars, etc. all don't use the Lightbox, so they don't cause fits.)

I mean, the window doesn't even place the actual image into it either, as if you try and right-click the "image" in the Lightbox, it doesn't give you any image-based menu items in the context menu. (While click-and-drag to the tab bar from the post body does work, it's extremely inefficient to do. I'd also rather not have the only option be to "Save" it to my computer, either. Some images I just want a closer look at in a new tab for a single minute, after which, they're closed.)

If it doesn't work for one browser, the solution shouldn't be "lolgogetadifferentbrowser". It should be to fix it so that it works as intended for everyone. If it can't be made to work for everyone, then it would at least be courteous to let the people that it doesn't work right for turn it off (if it can be). I shouldn't have to change my preferred system of browsing the web just to accomodate a feature on one website that I can't turn off.

(That being said, my personal opinion is that I'd rather get rid of it altogether since I can't even contemplate a situation that it would ever be needed in... Though, I'm sure that someone else might, so a toggle would be an ideal compromise.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

Im already used to this software given that another forum i frequent (westeros.org) uses the same thing. So i really cant find anything to complain about ahaha. The quote box showing up instead of tags when you push the quote button is mildly irritating due to the fact you can delete said quote box unless you like, refresh or something. (at least in quick reply)

But im still waiting for my RajRed skin. :P:

EDIT: About Lightbox, ive never been bothered with it to be honest. I think i know what you guys are talking about but im not having any problems with it. Nor do i really use that feature. Opera tends to not really have issues regarding that. /shrug

Edited by Florina Stark

(your resident Opera person)

I am not alone! *slow motion highfives eclipse*

I think its referring to when you click an image, a box pops up with the image in it? I could be wrong though.

I ran around and clicked a few random images. It looks like Lightbox is working as intended?

This board's new software and Opera do not like special characters in links. I find that they get deleted, which is mildly frustrating, but not the end of the world (hooray Firefox).

They're just complaining about lightbox. I disabled it for now, since there's no real need for it anyhow. It's quite literally completely superficial.

Also, for actual bugs, use the tracker. Not this thread.

If you don't like this forum, then you can leave. You seem to enjoy talking shit about this place whenever you can... I don't appreciate it. That is just your opinion and I have already stated it was for security reasons. Upgrades are always necessary. Leaving us with several-year-old software is a good way to invite vulnerabilities to be taken advantage of.

Hey, calm down. I wasn't "talking shit about this place". I asked how the new forum software was an improvement ages ago and you didn't answer me at all until now. When the first post of this topic is "We changed the forum. Deal with it", you can't expect there not to be anyone wondering what improvements were actually made.

Also, for actual bugs, use the tracker. Not this thread.

This is a bug I would report using the tracker but it concerns the tracker so I can't. I open up the tracker page and all I get is a blank white screen. It says it's done loading. I'm using Firefox.

Hey, calm down. I wasn't "talking shit about this place". I asked how the new forum software was an improvement ages ago and you didn't answer me at all until now. When the first post of this topic is "We changed the forum. Deal with it", you can't expect there not to be anyone wondering what improvements were actually made.

He already said why. The previous software was outdated and leaving gaping holes in forum security. Its also common sense. No one is running that old version of IPboard anymore.

Things that are better this version:

Hovering over profiles (this is convenient)

Auto save in posts and quick reply!

Larger avatars which people like.

Image preview when linked.

Better stability.

It aint hard...

This is a bug I would report using the tracker but it concerns the tracker so I can't. I open up the tracker page and all I get is a blank white screen. It says it's done loading. I'm using Firefox.

Stop using the IPB skin.

What do you know, it works! Thanks for the solution. I'm sticking to the IPB Skin because I don't like the SF one's color scheme, but if I have to report a bug, I know how to do so now. Thanks!

He already said why. The previous software was outdated and leaving gaping holes in forum security. Its also common sense. No one is running that old version of IPboard anymore.

Things that are better this version:

Hovering over profiles (this is convenient)

Auto save in posts and quick reply!

Larger avatars which people like.

Image preview when linked.

Better stability.

It aint hard...

It was a simple question, and I hadn't been around here in a while. If he "already said why", excuse me for not digging through all these posts for an answer. Instead, I harmlessly asked my question, and waited for an answer. OH GOD what was I thinking??

Thanks for the answer, but no one asked for your mocking, so keep it to yourself.

It was a simple question, and I hadn't been around here in a while. If he "already said why", excuse me for not digging through all these posts for an answer. Instead, I harmlessly asked my question, and waited for an answer. OH GOD what was I thinking??

Thanks for the answer, but no one asked for your mocking, so keep it to yourself.

This is getting completely off topic. Knock it off. That said, a list of "improvements" is not required to be given for every bit of maintenance I do on these forums. The guy you're ridiculing right now did nothing more than simply use the forums to see obvious improvements. He's right, it's simple common sense.

Also, I did saw that for the banned members that their names can't be clicked to go through the profiles and even checked too and also, I also clicked the gray names on polls and it saids that it doesn't allow a person have permission for looking to his profile, is this kinda an another change for the site?