Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 Walkthrough/Commentary

Fargo294

If any of you have played this game, you will know how hard this game gets later on. So I devised the plan of starting up a walkthrough for people to follow and learn how to beat the chapters. However, there is a problem: doing this on my own wouldn't work too well. First of all, NO ONE knows where to look for a good walkthrough for this game; Second, the opinion of a single guy can't prove too reliable. Hence why I've started this topic: I need help from people.

If this walkthrough is started up by members of serenes forest, fans who go there will know where to look for help on this game. Gathering help from others on coming up with strategies and deciding what characters to use, will make this walkthrough more profesional than if this were a solo project. The commentary can help the viewers get a better idea of what we're aiming for with our strategy and help fight against the possibility of the viewer just mimicing the actions that we make and hope for the best.

If you have any questions at all, bring them up in this thread. If you wish to take part in this walkthrough, please send me a personal message and I will give you my skype and I will add you to the skype group I have made for this walkthrough.

EDIT: Everything I say seems to be completely torn apart by everybody. Apparently, everyone but me seems to think that growths mean absolutely nothing, sorry for having an opinion. I removed the characters I thought would be useful since everyone on this forum takes their chance to jump at anything they disagree with.

Edited by Fargo294

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... A Thracia 776 walkthrough. Sounds interesting. I'm a relatively busy person I won't really be able to contribute much, but since I've beaten Thracia 776 3 times I'll say a few things for general purpose.

1: Thieves are VERY important. If Lifis, Pahn, and Lara die or you run out of lockpicks the game can become unwinnable because you need them to open doors. (There are not enough door keys to beat the game.)

2: Use Fergus. PCC of 5, arrives early in the game with decent base stats, good growths, uses swords mounted and unmounted, can use the Beo Sword, and is one of the 4 characters who can use the Blaggi Sword.

3: Use scrolls to help characters you want to use but are lacking in certain stats (like Lifis and his Luck and Build stats)

4: Steal items or capture enemies often.

5: Keep plently of restore staffs for later in the game.

Edited by Zelos

Hmmmm... A Thracia 776 walkthrough. Sounds interesting. I'm a relatively busy person I won't really be able to contribute much, but since I've beaten Thracia 776 3 times I'll say a few things for general purpose.

1: Thieves are VERY important. If Lifis, Pahn, and Lara die or you run out of lockpicks the game can become unwinnable because you need them to open doors. (There are not enough door keys to beat the game.)

2: Use Fergus. PCC of 5, arrives early in the game with decent base stats, good growths, uses swords mounted and unmounted, can use the Beo Sword, and is one of the 4 characters who can use the Blaggi Sword.

3: Use scrolls to help characters you want to use but are lacking in certain stats (like Lifis and his Luck and Build stats)

4: Steal items or capture enemies often.

5: Keep plently of restore staffs for later in the game.

Restore staff usage is DEFINITELY being conserved througout the game. I thought about just going through the game using save states so I wouldn't have to worry too much about character deaths. People could say that it would hamper the game's difficulty, but maybe I could be more reluctant to use save states like by maybe using save states at the beginning of each turn. I suppose that is something my group will have to think on.

Capturing is also incredibly necessary since basic weaponry costs further in the game are crazy high. For the purposes of capturing, I've already decided to use Hicks, and have taken Marty into consideration. When it comes to Fergus, his growths are mostly below average, so I'm thinking Delmud can join the main team when he comes in(he also has a Pursuit coefficient of 5). I suppose Fergus can be fixed with good scrolls like Odo or Sety.

Lifis... is troublesome. His growths are kind of sad. His luck is non-existant, and the rest of his growths pale in comparison to Pirn(who I plan on using as my main thief). So unless I plan on filling his inventory to the brim with scrolls, I'm turning away from him.

Edited by Fargo294

The main thing about Lifis though is that you get him in chapter 3 if you captured him in 2x and you don't get Pahn until chapter 12x, so you will need someone to be your main thief until then. (Lara is horrible as a thief as she can't even steal magic when you get her) I usually end up using Lifis and subbing him out for Pahn when his fatigue makes him unable to be used in a chapter. (Granted I give him the Blaggi, Ulir, and Neir scrolls so he doesn't end up with terrible luck, and gets enough build to steal heavier weapons) So yeah, I personally prefer Lifis if only for the fact that he starts out a a lower level (and unpromoted) so it's easier for me to max out his other stats, like strength.

The Luna skill manual is really good for Fergus. Oh, and about growths, they don't matter as much in this game because all of the caps for stats that aren't HP are 20. If you take average stats into account Fergus usually caps Strength, Skill, Speed, and Luck while Delmud only caps skill on average. (Granted I don't really care about average stats and have had on multiple playthroughs Fergus cap Strength, Speed, and Luck by level 7 after promotion, and the fact that scrolls exist.)

Edited by Zelos

The main thing about Lifis though is that you get him from chapter 3 if you captured him in 2x and you don't get Pahn until chapter 12x, so you will need someone to be your main thief until then. (Lara is horrible as a thief) I usually end up using Lifis and subbing him out for Pahn when his fatigue makes him unable to be used in a chapter. (Granted I through the Blaggi, Ulir, and Neir scrolls on him so he doesn't end up with terrible luck, and gets enough build to steal heavier weapons) So yeah, I personally prefer Lifis if only for the fact that he starts out a a lower level (and unpromoted) so it's easier for me to max out his other stats, like strength.

This is the reason why I need a think tank! So many conflicting ideas need to combine in order to finalize who joins and who does what. Lifis does have a lot more room to grow, (and I agree, Lara is terrible), but he's hard to train and hard to use in battle. More to think about I guess.

Door keys are buyable.

That said though, Lifis is still incredibly important, since thieves can steal weapons in this game. He can disarm pretty much every mage from the start, and if you're lucky, can start stealing heavier weapons later on. I'm not sure why you think Lifis is that hard to use, since he's the only other person besides Leaf to stick with you in manster, giving him a great opportunity to get a level lead. Enemy ballistae also seem to prioritize thieves for some reason, so that's also something that can be used to your advantage. You should definitely use him.

Lara should only be used as a dancer. She's useless in combat and won't be able to steal any weapon. Since she can use lockpicks as a dancer, there's no reason not to promote her into one.

Really, you shouldn't worry about growths at all. Low caps plus the scrolls means anyone is salvageable, even Marty.

Fergus doesn't care about low growths when he's orkoing everything.

Dalsin isn't terribly great because there's a ridiculous abundance of armor-slaying weapons.

I'd use Brighton over Hicks, since wrath is infinitely better than luck. His build doesn't matter since anyone on a horse can capture every non-mounted/20 bld enemy. They're both solid, but Brighton definitely edges out.

Dagda's one of the coolest characters in the game. Use him.

I'd personally recommend you get more in-depth with the game before trying to make a guide, since your reasonings are way off base.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I'd personally recommend you get more in-depth with the game before trying to make a guide, since your reasonings are way off base.

EXACTLY. THIS IS WHY I NEED PEOPLE. I'M TOO OPINIONATED.

I meant that you should actually play through the game before asking others. You're not going to get anywhere if you're stuck on the mindset that growths mean everything and thinking that Hick's high build makes him a better capturer than any other mounted unit.

I meant that you should actually play through the game before asking others. You're not going to get anywhere if you're stuck on the mindset that growths mean everything and thinking that Hick's high build makes him a better capturer than any other mounted unit.

I have played the game, my fear of somehow not being strong enough to get past the tough parts is clouding my mind. From now on I'm being more open.

Then I would recommend first beating the game before making a walkthrough about beating the game.

I hope I'm not sounding too harsh, but you really should learn more about the game before trying to make a walkthrough of it. There's already (old) walkthroughs on gamefaqs that use the kind of reasoning that you do.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I'm of the opinion you don't really need to set out with a final team in mind. The low caps, scrolls, the fatigue system and no deployment screen until chapter 8 mean you should try everyone, and keep those who seem to be performing well. Growths are less important in determining a unit's worth compared to class, skills and personal weapons.

The hardest part of the game is the Manster chapters, so if you can pass those, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

for a moment i thought you were serious

EDIT

i also was going to seriously consider helping out but then there are gems like

proffesional
Edited by CT075

tbh Lifis shouldn't really be treated as a combat unit either, though getting lucky with BLD level-ups improves his utility to an extent.

You mention there are no good walkthroughs for this game. Why ignore Aquilae's? That's a good effort and good resource to consult for any player (besides ones trying to SSS-rank the game or smth).

since when do higher growths allow for better stability

Since Asvel with Sety Scroll has guaranteed speed proc.

Then again, most growths aren't that high, a lot of the better scrolls don't come until later on, and even if you can reach 100% growth you still have to get the levels, so I guess I'm just being a pendantic jerk.

for a moment i thought you were serious

EDIT

i also was going to seriously consider helping out but then there are gems like

I think you forgot to finish your sentence... and serious about what?

I played through FE5 partially and all I can recall is that I needed more swords for all the early indoor chapters. But, the only units who could capture due to build were axe wielding with low as hell accuracy against swords who made it worse to try capturing them.

tbh Lifis shouldn't really be treated as a combat unit either, though getting lucky with BLD level-ups improves his utility to an extent.

You mention there are no good walkthroughs for this game. Why ignore Aquilae's? That's a good effort and good resource to consult for any player (besides ones trying to SSS-rank the game or smth).

I never said there are no good walkthroughs, I said they can't be found easily. Maybe I could have worded it a little better. What I meant was it can be hard to find a good walkthrough and people may not want to sift through thousands of walkthroughs to find one that works the best for them. I think that if a player finds a walkthrough made and supported by a community, that people will find it more profesional and look to it for advice.

Edited by Fargo294

Vorena: That's what Fin is for.

TC:

a) It's "professional"

b) 99 times out of 100, there'll be a good walkthrough on Gamefaqs, and you can easily tell which one is the most comprehensive.