Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 Walkthrough/Commentary

Fargo294

Or just straight up being ignored by staff users, considering the AI usually targets people who can't avoid the staves in the first place.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just straight up being ignored by staff users, considering the AI usually targets people who can't avoid the staves in the first place.

Very true, this isn't FE6 where Status Stavers for some odd reason go for low defense. I remember when poor Finn kept getting status staved in my first run of 5, he did his job though. Kept em distracted.

Dondon got it right. You can do a few things to make the game much easier.

Giving a life ring and a defense ring to Leaf really helps. With that he can practically Tank like a true pro. Speed isn't that useful, Leaf should not be fighting that much. I'd rather make him a Tank since there are already really strong physical attackers others than him.

Once you get Dagda back use him when you think you will need him. He's the best archer in the game, can catch like a pro and his defense Dagda rocks the whole game.

For Karin I'd rather give her Wrath. I gave my wrath to Finn but Karin can do WONDERFUL stuffs with Wrath.

The Leg ring you may want to give it to Asvel and promote him early. YOU WILL NEED HIM PROMOTED by chapter 12 so he can catch Salem on the first turn if you want to have an easy time collecting really cool stuff in chapter 12x and 14.

Also an often overlooked advice for when you get surrounded by tons of enemis ; Who said you need to kill them ? You can take a solid character on an horse ( Like Finn or Glade + Olwen support) put them unarmed on the path of the enemies and voila you won't have to deal with them anymore, they'll attack but never get killed/kill so all their friends will just stand there like morons. It makes chapter 14 and 13 way easier.

FEWod is the best but I kinda agree with the general idea of the topic. Every single FAQ I've checked out were really good for giving you an overlook of the chapter but you will need to develop your own strategies and see what works the best ( meaning there are no perfect FAQ, they feel like they were made by people that got out of though spots by save-stating). That's just how the game plays and it would be boring making a FAQ and describing every single turns. It's a game that can be cheap but is also extremely rewarding when you beat a chapter you could not beat before.

Ah and also try using characters that have special weapons even if you don't plan on using them. I used base Mareeta to Tank with her Mareeta's sword on the east side of the fortress in chapter 14. You would not believe it but base Mareeta died less than Othin, her sword is just so good. Don't be afraid of using strong weapons on weak characters so they can level up more easy but most of the time when you are in a normal chapter use shitty iron weapons. Most kickass characters can murder everyone with iron weapons anyway.

Edited by BluBlaDe

some of the points you got were more or less correct, but i disagree with a couple of things:

Giving a life ring and a defense ring to Leaf really helps. With that he can practically Tank like a true pro. Speed isn't that useful, Leaf should not be fighting that much. I'd rather make him a Tank since there are already really strong physical attackers others than him.

leif's base spd is terrible and his AS with the light sword will be less than 4 for awhile. he is the best fighter in manster because of the light sword, and as such he should be fighting a lot if you want an easier time. granted, he won't be doing too much after that, but at that point he should be more than good enough to hold his own when necessary.

similarly, the leg ring should go on leif because he will be the one running to the throne/gate when you're not warping

The Leg ring you may want to give it to Asvel and promote him early. YOU WILL NEED HIM PROMOTED by chapter 12 so he can catch Salem on the first turn if you want to have an easy time collecting really cool stuff in chapter 12x and 14.

asvel does not need the leg ring. sage has 7 base move and that should be good enough. finn @ hero lance is a solid candidate for capturing salem and asvel might not have the bld given his 10% growth rate in the stat.

it's probably better to have asvel promoted by chapter 8x anyway because good luck with gomes

Also an often overlooked advice for when you get surrounded by tons of enemis ; Who said you need to kill them ? You can take a solid character on an horse ( Like Finn or Glade + Olwen support) put them unarmed on the path of the enemies and voila you won't have to deal with them anymore, they'll attack but never get killed/kill so all their friends will just stand there like morons. It makes chapter 14 and 13 way easier.

emchapter14.png

Would it not be a good idea to try to get as much exp from that situation as possible? Or is there never a time when you wish you had higher stats on your active characters (I guess you would need two able teams because of fatigue, and indoor/outdoor maps)?

leif's base spd is terrible and his AS with the light sword will be less than 4 for awhile. he is the best fighter in manster because of the light sword, and as such he should be fighting a lot if you want an easier time. granted, he won't be doing too much after that, but at that point he should be more than good enough to hold his own when necessary.

I'd rather give him the defense ring. I never had that much trouble with the manster chapters ( except that one with Galzus in the arena) But having a Leaf with defense makes him more useful later on. He's forced on you so it's better for him to take an hit than being more offensive.

I don't really care about the leg ring, that's why I usually give it to Asvel or really anyone would do. Keep in mind I'm not trying to rush and just playing the game normally, it's something that could go to anyone.

I'm using Asvel to catch Salem because I usually warp him on the first turn to not waste any charge of the sleep staff. I then use the sleep staff on Paulus in Chap 14 to catch him with Dean, steal his stuff and makes his army sucks more. I did not have trouble with the build the two times I did it that way. I tried using Finn but if I remembered he did something like 1 dmg without crits...

I tested most characters and really I only could do it with promoted Asvel on the first turn.

Would it not be a good idea to try to get as much exp from that situation as possible? Or is there never a time when you wish you had higher stats on your active characters (I guess you would need two able teams because of fatigue, and indoor/outdoor maps)?

Not really. Take levels as they come by. If you don't want to waste your time getting everything perfect in that map then just do it that way. You can get unlucky and gain no stats with some levels so why bother leveling ? Plus the stat cap is low. That's why promoting early in this game isn't bad.

But don't worry if you don't abuse the warp staff you'll have enough xp to get by.

You don't really need two separates teams if you can control fatigue well enough. Anyway there are a few free S-Drink but you should only use them if a character you can use to recruit someone or get a new weapon in the next chapter is fatigued.

But yeah try to have an indoor team and not have them fatigued by the time you get indoor. I think the mounted character with the least malus to bring indoor is Fergus so keep that in mind.

2. if you want to make FE5 easy for yourself, there are several ways to break the game open to varying extents. they are:

- bring only the light sword to manster (and fire sword if you want)

Okay I know this is old but I'm curious, how much does this help? I thought that only the first 2 or 3 unfilled chests were worth getting. What sort of items do you get if you're only bringing the light sword?

Okay I know this is old but I'm curious, how much does this help? I thought that only the first 2 or 3 unfilled chests were worth getting. What sort of items do you get if you're only bringing the light sword?

Rapier, Javelin, Vulnerary and I think a Steel Sword.

I'd rather give him the defense ring. I never had that much trouble with the manster chapters ( except that one with Galzus in the arena) But having a Leaf with defense makes him more useful later on. He's forced on you so it's better for him to take an hit than being more offensive.

i'm not saying that you shouldn't give leif the shield ring. he should get both. you might not have much trouble with the manster chapters normally, but leif with those two boosters and the light sword should trivialize it almost completely.

I'm using Asvel to catch Salem because I usually warp him on the first turn to not waste any charge of the sleep staff. I then use the sleep staff on Paulus in Chap 14 to catch him with Dean, steal his stuff and makes his army sucks more. I did not have trouble with the build the two times I did it that way. I tried using Finn but if I remembered he did something like 1 dmg without crits...

promoted base finn ORKOs salem with the hero lance at 82 hit and 24 crit (this is with a leif support since i warped them together for a turn 2 seize). he 3HKOs with +4 str on base.

Promoted base Asvel has 5 build, one more than Salem so he can catch him if he gets lucky enough with criticals on the first turn. He can also resist the enemies reinforcement quite well once you get him on the throne (manor) the next turn. You will waste some grafcalibur uses out of this but after that it will give you free enemies to train either fire or thunder.

Sure warping Finn and Leaf is the quick way to finish the chapter but you waste two use of warp and you won't get the items of the chapter ( if you want to collect everything like me)

I don't remember the formula for the attack but the throne gives Salem + 10 def I think which makes it hard catch him with any physical fighters. I believe promoted Asvel gets more of being warped there than Finn + Leaf.

• 2 weeks later...

Others tips for beginning the game :

Unequip completely Evayl ( give her swords to Leaf) and use her as a bait

You can also do the same with Tanya and Ronan but be careful about it.

Try to use Leaf as much as possible, he needs a good sword level in order to be able to use the armor slayer in the manster chapters.

Use your archers to weaken enemies and always try to capture them.

Give a bow to Dagda asap.

It goes without saying but save your weapons ( Finn's brave lance, Leaf's light sword, Dagda's hammer, the fire sword etc) and use the shitty weapons you stole from enemies. However capturing an enemy and stealing a weapon for two uses of the hero lance is worth it.

Have Leaf near your units for them to gain a small bonus in evade and hit.

Do your best to have a strong Leaf. Don't overtrain him ( although that could help) but baby him more than your others characters.

Don't be too aggressive if you can't afford to. If you have 4 enemies and you feel like you can kill like two of them than go for it. If not than play defensively. Enemies ganging up on one character can utterly kill him. Keep in mind that being a god damn serial badass like Othin also has downsides ;

If Othin is surrounded by tons of enemies, he would have survived 4 enemies hit but what if he kills them all ? He'll receive more hits and die.

Catch as much as possible.

Sure warping Finn and Leaf is the quick way to finish the chapter but you waste two use of warp and you won't get the items of the chapter ( if you want to collect everything like me)

please read again: i warped finn, who was carrying leif. it only requires one use of warp.

I don't remember the formula for the attack but the throne gives Salem + 10 def I think which makes it hard catch him with any physical fighters. I believe promoted Asvel gets more of being warped there than Finn + Leaf.

do you honestly think that i didn't do the math beforehand

and what do you mean by "gets more of?"

also, literally every bit of your later advice is terrible:

- not using eyvel does exactly the opposite of making the game easy. for god's sake, she can't die.

- leif doesn't need to use an armorslayer in manster and there's really no way that he will get to B swords. ranged light sword does a number on armor knights, he only needs C swords for a rapier, and bringing the armorslayer to manster makes things harder because you have to open an extra chest in chapter 4.

- (felgus also doesn't need an armorslayer because he should be getting 99 crit with karin support on his pursuit attacks with rapier.)

- always trying to capture enemies makes the game difficult for the player. as a rule of thumb, only capture when convenient. an even better rule of thumb is to not capture enemies unless they're carrying good stuff and/or only when using a hero weapon.

- dagda's bow rank is terrible. don't seriously use bows on dagda unless you have to.

- don't save weapons. weapons are meant to be used. spam the light sword in manster. spam the fire sword in chapters 1-3. spam the hero lance when you want to capture anything. saving weapons promotes hoarding and is just about the worst advice that you can give.

old-fashioned conventional wisdom for this game is anything but wise.

It's better to use Asvel since the randoms brigand will attack him and it will help leveling up his Thunder if you are into long range magic. Finn does not need the weapon xp.

Using Evayl is useless since she'll suck forever, if you use her you are making the beginning easier but she'll end up stealing xp from other characters that badly needs it (Leaf). For a complete noob it's bad advice using her since anyone don't need her really except for killing the first few bosses faster. Really the first few chapter aren't that hard, making them easier with Evayl is not worth it, better give the xp to Leaf.

The armor slayer can be useful and Felgus will probably be able to use it in time. Sure you can kill everything and Karin should stick around Felgus all times but it's better to have it then don't have it. With the armor slayer if I remember you can kill armors in one hit so Felgus won't have to counter crit( he can get hit).

Chap 4 can be hard but you should really bring stuff with you, it makes 4x and 5 easier. Stuff like the fire sword, armor slayer + hezul scroll to negate crits . What's the worst that could happen if you waste a few turn opening chest ? Even if you waste some weapon uses fighting soldiers you'll still have the weapons you brought with you and it will even give you xp.

I agree with you on capturing but the more stuff you get the more stuff you can sell and buy wind tomes later on which can make Asvel even more godly ( sure you can repair his grafcalibur but Repair can be even more fun to use with the Thief Staff).

You should spam weapons in Manster but you can save weapons as much as you likes after that.

Spamming the fire sword in 1-3 ? Why? They are easy, you should bring it with you and spam it on the manster chapters.

I agreed with you on hero weapons. It's okay to spam them if it's for capturing enemies. You trade 2 use of it for a new weapon which is worth it.

Unless you're going for LTC, you don't need to worry about lost xp. Low caps + scrolls + possible elite mode make xp not as valuable as in other games. Furthermore, killing bosses without her can be a pain (I guess Fin exists, but still)

Armorslayer is low priority really, there aren't that many tough armours around and you have Asvel, Light Sword and Rapiers to get the job done.

Part of chapter 4's difficulty is the random reinforcements, so you want to get out of there asap. You can only take 14 items with you anyway, so being selective is a good idea.

You get a million and one thunder tomes in the game, and Asvel's stats are good enough that he doesn't care what he wields. I'd rather spend my money on Stamina Drinks and Knight Crests than Wind tomes.

I think Fire Sword is B rank as well? So it's not too useful in Manster. That said, you shouldn't waste it before Manster when Iron Sword kills most things.

No problems with Thunder tomes, I agree you have billions of them. But in the chapter where is Salem instead of warping Finn to capture him on the first turn it's better to warp promoted Asvel since he can practice his Rank in Thunder against the random brigands. ( I usually get the A for Bolting just in time for chapter 18 and never arena abused in any of my playthroughs, it's just too damn risky).

Armor slayer I used it against the armors in chapter 5 and the general. I think it's nice to have but now thinking about it Fergus and light sword are good too.