Best/Worst in the Series Round 186

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of Lissa haters? There are only two votes for her yet. One of them being me. Considering we are already on page 2, that's hardly anything. Let alone a "bunch".

Marcia's also has only 2 votes. Though despite the low number, I am indeed curious why anyone would even consider her for worst.

Edited by BrightBow

Same for Marcia, though I am also curious why anyone would even consider her.

Come to think of it, I'm kinda confused why she got voted for worst - you could say it might be for how she treats her brother, but knowing him, I could just as easily say Makalov deserves whatever hell he gets.

Lissa on the other hand, good lord...

Any sentence out of her mouth might as well be "I'm a whiny brat".

In fact, she is is probably the main reason that I didn't buy Awakening last Friday. Her performance in the demo made the whole playthrough highly unpleasant.

Like, I was having fun moving units around for like 15 seconds, then I select Lissa and she is like: "We'll see who's delicate!" The hell? The town is on fire and it's inhabitants are in grave danger and all that's on her mind is her petty ego? This is just what I hate about this game, how everyone is so inhumanly oblivious to the death around them.

Sure, it's not like she is incapable of compassion. But as shown at the end of the prologue, when things don't go her way, she will switch between caring and whiny in an instant.

Like normal people are just like characters in a television show for her. Sure, you empathize with them. But then you turn off the TV and it doesn't matter anymore.

I know she is spoiled and it's very hard to break habits. But unlike let's say Nalia from Baldur's Gate, I didn't get the impression that Lissa is even trying.

Looks like someone needs to read supports.

At any rate.

Best: Emmeryn

Worst: Est

Best: Marcia. She risks her life to help her brother and draws the ire of debt collectors after him and everything. Gives up her job as a pegasus knight to find him. Also, she feels more "realistic" than some of the other sisters. I mean, Emmeryn is also a good sister. She's kind and self-sacrificing and all that stuff. But Marcia and Makalov's interactions just seem more "believable", if you ask me. :P

Worst: I can't think of a worst sister, so I'll just say Est. Every other sister in other FE games I've played seem to have done at least one thing that keeps them out of worst.

Looks like someone needs to read supports.

Well, I now can add her deliberately going out of her way to piss people off with pranks, on the list of things that make me loathe her.

Also, she has that bad cook thing going on. "Her cooking is so bad, it can sink battleships" and that sort of thing. Even if it was funny at some point, it's so overused these days that there is nothing left of it.

Though, I can relate to how she got mixed up with Dragons and Wyvern.

Anything else is pretty consistent with what I know of her. Admittedly, sometimes she is less of a pain. Especially when paired up with someone that allows her to play the straight man.

I guess I could choose Yumina but she is younger, in a way worse situation then her and hardly gets any lines anyway. And Est managed to snatch one of the regalia, so she is out.

Edited by BrightBow

WRT Est, the fact that she stole one of the regalia might've been what got her out of contention for worst in my book, but for the fact that she's always getting herself captured.

Edited by Levant Fortner

WRT Est, the fact that she stole one of the regalia might've been what got her out of contention for worst in my book, but for the fact that she's always getting herself captured.

Elice doesn't have the same credit to her name. All she does is get kidnapped she does nothing of note haha.

It really bothers me that Est gets kidnapped like 3 times, marries Abel and then leaves him even though Palla was in love with him too, and is also a bad unit. Stealing the Mercurius was reckless on her part and she makes her sisters worry all the time. Elice gets kidnapped to but she stalled for time for Marth to escape instead of just rushing off into the enemy's hands. So yeah, Est is reckless and doesn't really think about her sisters' feelings.

Elice doesn't have the same credit to her name. All she does is get kidnapped she does nothing of note haha.

Maybe, but she gave herself up so Marth could escape - enough to leave a more favorable impression on me than Est.

Elice is hilarious, she gets kidnapped once every game because we can't have a Marth game without Elice getting kidnapped! Why does Gharnef want Aum so much anyways, maybe he was hoping that Myrmidon!Elice would slay Medeus.

Also doesn't Est only get captured twice? 2/3 better track record than Elice.

Elice is hilarious, she gets kidnapped once every game because we can't have a Marth game without Elice getting kidnapped! Why does Gharnef want Aum so much anyways, maybe he was hoping that Myrmidon!Elice would slay Medeus.

Marth just has to have a reason to wear his tiara after all.

I think it's thrice, if the site's description of Est in Awakening is any indication... and even then, I just don't think there's any excuse for her just leaving Abel even after he betrayed his homeland for her sake.

A bunch of Lissa haters? There are only two votes for her yet. One of them being me. Considering we are already on page 2, that's hardly anything. Let alone a "bunch".

Marcia's also has only 2 votes. Though despite the low number, I am indeed curious why anyone would even consider her for worst.

yeah, that's two votes too many for both of them

Marth just has to have a reason to wear his tiara after all.

Gah, that silly anime!

Anyway...

Best: Maria.

At about five (timelines), agrees to be a hostage to help her Brother further his campaign. Does her best to help her Sister in battle, despite not knowing how to fight (or even heal, really). Doesn't shy away from facing her Brother in combat, but hides him away in the castle and stays by his bedside for who knows how long nursing him back to health. Doesn't even hold ill will for ruining her life.

What a Saint.

Honorable Mention to Minerva and Mist - literally forcing Rhys to teach her to support her Brother, barging in on the Black Knight... If I didn't know so much about Maria, she would have had my vote.

Edit

Worst: Farina. Changing my vote from Est, because at least she joins and 'attempts' to make up with her Sisters (she wasn't really on bad terms) but a Farina just shoves them both off and answers only to money. Disgusting.

Edited by Maria's Bro