Henry as a Father...

Tamanoir

Waitwait, back up. MU>Chrom>Donnel>then otherpeople. Chrom gives rightful king and stuff, Donnel gives aptitude and merc and peg knight to girls. what more could you ask for?

<3

Aptitude is worthless in anything not ingame, and the Pegasus classes are hardly needed, although the Mercenary class is a good thing to get from your dad, however.

IMO Lon'qu is the best father besides the MU, since really anybody can enjoy the bonuses that Lon'qu brings as a father, and he has excellent classes as well. Of course, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Sumia, so Henry is tied with Chrom for the best.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnel should pretty much only go to mothers that can't pass down Galeforce as the others will want other fathers, and even then, he faces competition. That said, I agree that he is one of the better options for those three.

Henry however, thanks to his caps and growths, can pretty much marry anyone and have the child turn out decent, thanks to his class set and the skills he can get.

I dunno.

Female Marc/Morgan's dialogue is pretty KAWAII sweet no matter who the parent is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzDJ-UW2dOQ

Morgan in general really, since both male and female Morgan have pretty much the same dialogue.

While I agree that Henry is a great dad, I found that the most OOC he was at was in his parent supports with Noire, when he has to talk to Tharja/take the curses himself. I mean, his A support with Tharja mentions that he is supposedly a genius at dark magic, but especially at redirecting/dispelling curses/hexes:

Henry: Yeah, dispelling curses is kind of my speciality.

So it makes no sense that he couldn't do the same to Tharja's curses; given how impressed she was, I got the impression that he could do the same to her spells.

EDIT: Yah, here we go:

Tharja: With that kind of power, you could have easily deflected my earlier curse…

Henry actually sort of explains this. He says that he only ever studied the big, scary curses, so he doesn't know how to deal with such a minor curse like the sniffles one. Still really dumb, though! If you can get rid of the more dangerous curses, you should still be able to do away with the small ones!

Henry actually sort of explains this. He says that he only ever studied the big, scary curses, so he doesn't know how to deal with such a minor curse like the sniffles one. Still really dumb, though! If you can get rid of the more dangerous curses, you should still be able to do away with the small ones!

I don't think that sort of logic applies to the curses. It's not like say, Math, where you need the basic operations to solve the more complex ones. This is a different system.

I think Henry became my favorite 1st generation male character (previously had been Libra) BECAUSE he's a surprisingly good father to his kid. He's creepy and has issues, but apparently is good at taking care of his own kids. It helps that Henry's support with Inigo is the only non-Chrom father support I like for him (no mention of Lucina anywhere) and that his "generic" dialogue feels more unique because Henry's personality just shines through.

Not to mention that Henry!Morgan looks so much like Henry it's not even funny.

I think this might have been mentioned somewhere else, but I'll just drop a line saying that Henry x FeMU makes a scary Morgan. One that looks almost exactly like Henry. For that reason, I think I'll have to bump Henry up on the list on spouses for future runs.

Haha, I just think that Henry is a cute father, for any of the children, in his own weird way

tumblr_mj9ynsl1Z01rql8cco2_500.jpg

Btw, in my own opinion, I found Henry fitting very well in his generic supports with Gerome, I just can see him teasing Gerome for fun or calling him "adorable" (something that didn't fit with Lon'qu lol)

Oh and his hair color looks good in some of the kids :XD:

Waitwait, back up. MU>Chrom>Donnel>then otherpeople. Chrom gives rightful king and stuff, Donnel gives aptitude and merc and peg knight to girls. what more could you ask for?

<3

I frankly think Rightful king is overrated, so I don't pair Chrom with those who have boys (with the exception of Lunatic MU once).

And Donnel is good, but I also don't pass Aptitude because by the time I get the children I do not care for it as the game's difficulty has died anyway (on Hard / not so much Lunatic). And unfortunately he passes a speed deduction. And his hair color is boring. So I'd say MU>Henry>Donnel, I don't count Chrom because he's too specific.

I frankly think Rightful king is overrated, so I don't pair Chrom with those who have boys (with the exception of Lunatic MU once).

And Donnel is good, but I also don't pass Aptitude because by the time I get the children I do not care for it as the game's difficulty has died anyway (on Hard / not so much Lunatic). And unfortunately he passes a speed deduction. And his hair color is boring. So I'd say MU>Henry>Donnel, I don't count Chrom because he's too specific.

not really, the +1 child mod eliminates it. But I do see that a negative mod does suck.

I'm willing to bet you guys are going to enjoy the non generic conversations that the kids have with their fathers in Future of Despair.

Even though the subject is on Henry, it was nice to see Azure/Inigo have the quality of being MU/Avatar's kid instead of the generic "I'm a flirt and this is my dad" conversation. He's the tactician's kid and that is reflected in his personality and demeanor in that conversation.

Summary (not actual convo)

MU: Hey, Azure, why are you asking about that a time like this?

*Other stuff...somewhat depressing*

Azure: Well, when since I had the opportunity... I guess I wanted to hear what you thought of my plan.

Is that weird?

*MU didn't expect it dialogue here*

MU: ...You really are my son. Even at a time like this, you can think up a plan.

Azure: H-hey, I really AM depressed you know! I mean, my real dad isn't around anymore!

But now's not the time to be worried about that.

I mean, whenever there IS time, as the tactician's kid, I need to come up with the plans!

*Even more character development as MU gives him more advice*

Edited by shadowofchaos

Best parent is obviously Gregor, with Donnel second, and then either Vaike or Gaius

Chrom is actually a pretty bad dad outside RFK(Aether did not even worth a mention). hes the best Dad for Gen 2 Morgan because it comes with another Morgan(Lucina) while every other dad does not come with a child(to be fair, Lucina only need Armthrift out of the skills she got from MU).

And for more fun facts, marrying Chrom!Inigo vs marrying Chrom comes down into having 3 Armthrift or 3 Rightful King because Gen 2 Morgan with Chrom genes 2RKO Anna

I'm willing to bet you guys are going to enjoy the non generic conversations that the kids have with their fathers in Future of Despair.Even though the subject is on Henry, it was nice to see Azure/Inigo have the quality of being MU/Avatar's kid instead of the generic "I'm a flirt and this is my dad" conversation.

Oh wow. Imagine the conversation being Inigo and Lon'qu.....

Henry probably has a lot of good things to say about Owain.

It's impossible for there to really be a "best parent," but I think Henry is in the running. For boys, Sorcerer and Barbarian. For girls, Sorcerer and Troubador. Thief for both for spice. He's probably Cynthia's ideal dad and Henry!Cynthia (pass Wrath) is basically my Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan's ultimate eugenics waifu. I like Chrom!Cynthia but I'd basically never pair Chrom and Sumia and Henry is why. I've never even done Henry!Brady, despite really wanting to (he's fantastic for Maribelle), because Henry!Cynthia is just that good. The white hair is weird at first glance, but you get used to it.

Other good fathers... Gregor is amazing for boys (Merc/Myrm/Barb is hoss), Vaike is pretty awesome for girls aside from Galeforce (Merc/Knight/Thief is great for some), Stahl is solid overall (Cav/Myrm is a good combo at least). Chrom's actually a somewhat middling father, but he makes a good fit for Inigo mainly because he can create an acceptable physical Inigo and still pass him a class he particularly wants (Cavalier). I am not that big a fan of Lon'qu as a dad. Modifiers aside, his class set is balls other than Myrmidon and he mostly exists to make a decent taxi. I'd much rather Stahl or Vaike for Severa for example. Still, he is optimal for Miriel to create a decent Laurent who in turn can marry +MAG/-DEF Avatar to make the Ultimate Glass Cannon Morgan.

A simple comparison on how imbalanced the parenting system really is(or really, to show why Gregor and Donnel has superior Genes)

Henry is good for:

Supporter Gerome - Technically Vaike is better, but Henry is a good subsitute if you want to use Vaike to other girls such as usually Kjelle

Brady/Owain - Technically they benefit from Henry all the same, but Libra gives pretty much everything from Henry that Owain actually give a damn about

Cynthia - While Sumia is a good mom that gives a lot of things for Lucina, the same can't be said for Chrom > Cynthia because Aether is unreliable. Henry gives one extra mag and Sorcerer and Lifetaker. Also White Hair is the best thing ever.

Gregor is good for:

Insert name that is not Cordelia, and Olivia here. Best used on Panne in general

Donnel is good for:

Insert name that is not Cordelia and Olivia here, Cherche is debatable as well. Best used on Noire or Kjelle

And for some good daddy, Frederick is pretty underatted. PavGis goes a long way in making a pretty great unit, and hes arguably the best 3 dads for Severa(the other being Stahl and Lon'Qu) and Gerome(Vaike, Henry and Gregor as competition. Its Dual Guard+ and Sol PavGis vs Axefaire acess and 7STR(Vaike), Anathema and Sorc(Henry) and Armthrift(Gregor))

People bag on Fred for his SPD, but it's actually not that bad. As long as the kid is speedy to begin with (due to mom caps) or can get to the magic number with some compromising, or at least isn't doing too bad, then there's really not much downside and Fred's class pool is incredible (Wyvern is meh but still acceptable, but Knight/Cavalier is a godlike combo).

Notably, Frederick!Gerome can still avoid being doubled by the final DLC boss as a General, and Fred and Cherche aren't exactly known for their speed demon genes.

Henry as that kind of parent is pretty much excellent...

As for gameplay it just.... happened. Frederick fanboyism told me to talk about the advantage of Frederick as a father, and how he was considered a shitty 0/10 father back when the game was Japanese only

Storywise, I think Henry kind of makes sense. Cynthia is basically just an even more insane Henry with a justice fetish. Plus Future Sumia either snapped under pressure or has very bad PR. Makes sense to me!

Silver hair looks horrible on Cynthia. D8 Brown is the only color that complements her well.

On topic, yeah, Henry is a good father in both gameplay and story.

Silver hair looks horrible on Cynthia. D8 Brown is the only color that complements her well.

On topic, yeah, Henry is a good father in both gameplay and story.

I thought so at first, but now it looks weird when she doesn't have it to me.

Yeah, same; when I first saw someone play FoD1 with Henry!Cynthia, I thought she looked bizarre because it was literally the first time I'd ever seen her without Chrom's blue hair. Now, I'm really used to silver-haired Cynthia.

henryfrowning_zps99d9e92c.png

There's just something funny about this picture too, like he's thinking "holy shit she's even more batshit insane than I am"

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Yeah, same; when I first saw someone play FoD1 with Henry!Cynthia, I thought she looked bizarre because it was literally the first time I'd ever seen her without Chrom's blue hair. Now, I'm really used to silver-haired Cynthia.

henryfrowning_zps99d9e92c.png

There's just something funny about this picture too, like he's thinking "holy shit she's even more batshit insane than I am"

I'm so used to my brown-haired Cynthia that white-haired Cynthia does look a bit odd.

Ahaha, I could see him thinking that. :D