Shipping Mafia - Rule 9a invoked for universal loss

eclipse

Obviously I'm partially biased on your vote towards me but ignoring that even I felt that your vote on strege felt forced i guess?

Also did you happen to find anything that peaked your interest over the past few hours scorri?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'd found anything, I probably would have mentioned it. The fact is that I've been kinda busy and finishing up my semester load and so haven't had much time. Starting tomorrow that should change, but that won't help tonight.

Manix: :/ I suppose if your gut read is still there next day phase, you can lynch me then. It'll be more informative then.

Hello everyone I feel extremely uninspired today and --holy heck post walls. Shouldn't have lazied just because we'd gotten extra time. :/

I don't think it's a good time to go and quote stuff because I tend to take too long and I lost my will to post two times today because I don't even know so I'll try to make my posts really simple for my own sake. And maybe less run-on.

##Unvote

I feel that Ether's last post brought more content that he awarded himself for. D1 is strugglish for reads, true, and I think his stance gives in too much to the nature of the game and is pretty pessimistic, though that's more a personal thing. I don't know you, nor how you usually feel in the game, but if you want to handle the game pressure early fine then ask for advice on people that aren't playing or after the game is over with. Don't let it get to you.

I'm skimming a bazillion posts but I don't think Elieson even gave an opinion on me and just handwaved the rest of the case on Manix. I suppose someone was trying hard to push, I'll keep an eye on that.

I haven't honestly read Kay or Strege enough to think about voting them, but I don't think there's much else to go on at this point unless activity happens, and I don't feel like leaving an empty unvote so last minute read go:

- I don't really know to read Kay well, but the content is more advice, though I've only played with her as scum or lynched by inactivity so I can't tell. Though her vote has been in Shinori forever, she recently called out Strege and Grass in her last two posts and haven't really done anything with her post or inquired anything concerning getting shinori to attention, would like to see the reason why if she can appear before day end. Super fast iso read but I'm cool with voting.

- Strege has few posts early but picks up ok, a lot to sit through in these last posts but I wouldn't let the vanilla claim shake me in this point, or maybe I'm WIFOM-ing myself, if that is even a term, role doesn't determine allignment and I'll stick to that for now. That aside, his new content feels actually ok. His reason to keep his SB vote looked lazy at first but his newer content seems to avert that in effort, though I don't agree with the reasons he voted and found Ether suspicious with slight rolespec in mind. I'd still prefer Kay over him for now. Possibly because argh turbo ISO rereads.

##Vote: Kay

Jumbled up thoughts, but I find it better to put my vote on Kay now. If a tie happens though, I'd be okay with moving my vote. I'll still be here until shortly before deadline I think.

Manix: :/ I suppose if your gut read is still there next day phase, you can lynch me then. It'll be more informative then.

I'll reread you again later during the night, don't really have a boatload of time right now

lemme iso Kay real quick and i'll see if I want that wagon or if it's scum pushing a silly lynch at day end

I'm not getting the Kay lynch and honestly at this point, I'd rather lynch a claimed vanilla townie than possibly lynch a power role that I think is likely town.

This is a silly argument. That was N0, presumably he didn't know what his alliance would be. Why shouldn't he be wary of saying something that might indicate it later? It seems silly to play in such a way that you'll be screwed if you end up as mafia.

I also don't like his reaction to BBM's nonsense any more than I like BBM's jumping on him for not wanting to reveal an alignment he didn't know.

These are literally the only things negative that Kay said about me, yet she found me likely to be scum if Shinori wasn't. When I cleaned up what I meant about alignments, that apparently didn't change her read about me at all, as she still said after that she thought either me or Shinori were scum. Additionally, despite the scumread on me, Kay soft defends me here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39840&p=2387811 and here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39840&p=2388356 by attacking people attacking me.

Also, lynching a Vanilla claim just because it's "safe" is sort of lame.

Can we have votals?

Close a tab and lost a post, great. ;/

- I don't really know to read Kay well, but the content is more advice, though I've only played with her as scum or lynched by inactivity so I can't tell. Though her vote has been in Shinori forever, she recently called out Strege and Grass in her last two posts and haven't really done anything with her vote or inquired anything concerning getting shinori to attention, would like to see the reason why if she can appear before day end. Super fast iso read but I'm cool with voting.

Fixing the bolded, I'm doing great today~

I suppose lynching Kay will give me terrible FFMafia vibes if I end up wrong, so I'm still rereading both ISOs, as lazy as I am.

While checking surprisingly big strege ISO, aside from the Ether vote, I get nitpicking on his wording in his defences ("I'm not surrendering as scum, but I honestly don't see a way to defend myself here."), weak pings by him voting Kay while still being saying he doesn't find her all that scummy (though he justifies by being deadline and not being online), and I suppose the not so convict SB vote and shinori questioning.

I don't really understand why can Kay be considered likely townie so far in, I suppose I don't know much aside her scum play, but I don't think her play particularly townie-looking, mostly the lack of pressure with her vote, I suppose.

I don't want to let my vote be swayed easily, because urgh volcanic, but I'll keep reading both ISOs again and again until deadline or I have to sleep.

Possibly Flawed Votaldoofs:

Grassbridger (1): Balcerzak

Kay (5): Bananas, BBM, Strege, Shinori, Xinnidy

Manix (1): Blitz

Shinori (1): Kay

Strege (4): Elieson, Grassbridger, Manix, scorri

Not voting: Cam, Ether

Kay (5): Bananas, BBM, Shinori, Strege, Xinnidy

I think this is correct. I will be trying to redeem myself in an ARAM, which should end before this phase does!

Edited by eclipse

Kay (5): Bananas, BBM, Shinori, Strege, Xinnidy

---

"I--it wasn't me this time, I swear!" Lawfer tried to talk the others out of their decision, but they didn't listen. Within moments, they had strung up the hapless man. Before they could admire their results, a flash of light blinded them. When the light faded, the only thing left of Lawfer was a role PM.

---

"You are something else," a familiar voice stated. Lawfer could only bury his head in his hands.

"I can't believe I'm back," he grumbled. The woman in front of him chuckled.

"You'll have all of eternity to sort it out," she said lightly. The two of them flew off into the night.

(before anyone asks, Lenneth will exist only in flavor)

Kay has been lynched! She was:

Dear Kay,

You are Lawfer. You admired Arngrim, until he was found dead in the castle, along with quite a few other important people. You are one of the few people whose death in Valkyrie Profile was implied, not stated outright.

During the night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X - Standing guard over <PLAYER>. All non-killing actions targeting <PLAYER> will fail.

*snip*

You are allied with the town, and win when all threats to your side have been neutralized.

Saddened by the fate of one of your fellow townies, all of you retire for the night. Off in the distance, you hear a scream.

It is now Night 1 and OC! Night 1 ends on 5/10/13 at 9:00 PM! Do your best!

"AAAAAAHHHH!!" Strege's scream wakes the rest of you up. You see not one, not two, but FOUR corpses. What happened last night?! The first "corpse" you find is actually a gigantic rock, with blood leaking out from it. A role PM has somehow escaped the damage.

Dear Ether,

You are Caitlyn. You have an awesome hat, a gun that randomly falls apart, and the most annoying auto-attack range. You don't mind joking around with the people that summon you either!

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Investigate <PLAYER>. If you would die during the night or the next day, you'll reveal <PLAYER>'s role PM to everyone ('cause you're a good cop and all).

*snip*

You are allied with the town, and win when all threats to your side have been neutralized.

You check the dossier she holds, only to find that she's investigated herself?! Well, that's unhelpful! The next corpse was a mess of blood, flesh, and bone. Somehow, his role PM escaped the blood bath.

Dear Serious Bananas,

You are Teemo. You have the cutest skins and the hatred of many. It's not your fault that people don't know how to use vision wards!

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Standing next to <PLAYER>. You'll stand next to <PLAYER>, and take note of anyone who targets him/her. Since you're Teemo, no one will notice you standing there!

*snip*

Two more corpses lie next to each other. One has bled out from a hole in her abdomen. The other lay face-down in her own innards.

Dear Xinnidy,

You are Elena. You're known for doing things such as switching employers and drowning villagers. You've joined the mafia because you want to stay single!

During the night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X - Shield Barrier!. If you do this, all actions that would target you will fail, and bounce back to their owner instead. Any theoretical killing actions will go through, but you'll take your killer with you. You may not use this on consecutive nights.

*snip*

You are allied with the mafia, and win when all threats to your side have been neutralized.

Dear Blitz,

You are Satsuki Yumizuka. You were supposed to be one of Shiki's girlfriends, but your tragic story was cut short. Isn't it sad, Sacchin?

Once during the night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X: <PLAYER>, you lied to me! <PLAYER> will be on the receiving end of your fists, which will kill them.

*snip*

Dear Blitz,

You are Satsuki Yumizuka. Your partner was falsely accused of being mafia, and paid the price with his life. Your grief compels you to vengeance. NO ONE SHALL LIVE!

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with Night X - <PLAYER> is a liar!. You will flail at <PLAYER> with your fists, killing them.

You have taken up a small portion of your dead partner's role. One time only, a non-killing action that targets you will fail. If multiple actions of the same priority target you, they will all fail. Once you're targeted, you'll lose this! You will receive no notification if/when this happens, so be careful!

You are allied with yourself. You win if you're the last one standing, and lose if you fail to submit an action.

Shocked at the day's events, you begin talking amongst yourselves.

All results have been sent out. If you didn't get one, it means your action succeeded. If you're not sure, feel free to ask.

It is now Day 2! Day 2 ends on 5/13/13 at 10:00 PM HST! Have at it!

also my shot went through without a hitch

blitz's role PM is starting to imply that partners may have role PM changes if their partner dies

Ok, so things. First off, I targeted myself last night. So there's that. Second, man, I was hoping that we didn't all become SKs if our partners died. This could be real bad if so.

Third,

##Vote: Strege

Still not a huge fan of you, and if you were in fact SB's partner as a little bird told me, you might now be a wolf. So! That's my two cents.