Yet another playlog.

6 posts in a row? Whoa. Also, I see you said seize maps were fun - personally, I found seize maps to be rather boring in general.

Also, how's Stahl working out?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 posts in a row? Whoa. Also, I see you said seize maps were fun - personally, I found seize maps to be rather boring in general.

Also, how's Stahl working out?

He's my current MVP (Avatar is not doing very well..)

Also I might take a while for my next update because a skirmish covered up my tonics and Cordelia kind of needs them for my Chapter 8 plan.

As for seize maps I've always liked them most in Radiant Dawn (and arrive for that matter) because the DB's lord isn't able to just rush to the point kill the boss and leave requiring me to employ assets to protect her and keep my offense going Part 1 Chapter 2 is a great example.

Edited by bearclaw13

[spoiler=Chapter 8 - 7(75)]

This map does what, as I've stated previously, every map in this game should do. It gives you something to do alongside routing the enemy or killing the boss. In this one you have three villages to visit and protect two rather weak (at least at base) characters that start in the middle of the enemy. These two units are Nowi and Gregor.. their joining leaves me with one more unit to recruit and train.. an my team is kind of lower-levelled then it normally is (I blame Vaike because everyone else I'm using is normally on my team..).

My pairs were: Cordelia and Kellam, Vaike and Panne, Lon'qu and Avatar, Chrom and Sully, Gregor and Nowi, Frederick and Stahl.

Maintenance: before the map I gave Cordelia a Seraph Robe to allow her to basically own the dessert and afterwards I gave Nowi an energy drop and second sealed Vaike to Barbarian.

Sent Cordelia down to deal with the two Dark Mages Kellam gave her the defense she needed to take the physical hits, Nowi took Gregor and headed to the side attacking a Dark Mage of her own, Sully raced down the middle and Avatar went for the rescue staff, the mages made Stahl be my least used character for the first map because he has sucky resistance like Vaike but doesn't have the range or the health that made Vaike usable as bait for enemies that got past Sully or Cordelia. Nowi headed over and got the master seal on turn 4, Cordelia came down and got the second seal, Sully rampaged through the enemies. In the end Chrom got the boss kill because I didn't want to wait for Nowi. Lvl HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp Support

Avatar 15/1 34 16 18 16 17 13 15 11 C tome, D sword

Chrom 13 29 16 3 17 13 14 14 1 D sword S Sully

Sully 15 32 12 4 15 16 14 15 4 A lance, E sword S Chrom

Stahl 12 32 15 1 13 12 11 16 3 A sword, E lance

Vaike 14/1 43 17 1 13 14 9 8 1 B axe B Panne

Lon’qu 14 28 12 5 20 22 14 8 6 B sword

Cordelia10 33 11 4 15 16 11 10 8 C lance

Nowi 4 19 15 6 5 5 9 12 9

And now I have one second seal and one master seal. No one else needs them though since my Avatar has somehow managed to remain at level 15 or 16.

Edited by bearclaw13

The Tier List thread came to an agreement that child paralogues can be delayed due to difficulty. I don't care how good your team is, it will not be ready to recruit Nah or Yarne at chapter 14.

I've done Yarne's before... I actually think that if I do Kjelle and Morgan then take Yarne's slow I could do Severa's and Nah's but it's kind of iffy and would take several turns.

Also I'm considering giving my master seal to Avatar, for the broken skills, or Lon'qu for better support abilities. Thoughts?

From my experiences, avatar would be the better choice, but my Lon'qu didn't defence, so it's hard to tell without stats.

Also your Paralogue 3 post exploded.

Okay I'l get stats ASAP.. sadly I'm continuing to lack my computer to do so..

Dang it I'll fix that as soon as I can.

Also I'm sorry with the horribleness that is my stats they refuse to work on my computer.

Edited by bearclaw13

Are you typing them out in notepad first? Typing them out in the SF post box or using the tab key is usually what screws them up. Just copy someone else's functional code boxes too and just change the names if you're still having issues.

Are you typing them out in notepad first? Typing them out in the SF post box or using the tab key is usually what screws them up. Just copy someone else's functional code boxes too and just change the names if you're still having issues.

I have windows 8.. I'm yet to find Notepad and Office Word is failing me.. I'll try to find Notepad some more though.

Okay notepad isn't working.. my computer has fail copy/paste..

Alright and now to surprise you all with a comparison of my first match-up finally being ready to go. Cordelia vs. Nowi

Cordelia’s stats 33 hp, 11 str, 16 spd, 10 def. Level 10

Nowi’s stats 19 hp, 15 str, 5 spd, 12 def. Level 4

Please remember Cordelia has a seraph robe and Nowi has an energy drop when seeing this.

Cordelia is leading everywhere but strength and defense and also has a six level lead... she levels slower naturally but is still leveling okay and is actually winning durability thanks to hp.

Nowi meanwhile is only really leading in strength. It’s a nice lead to have but her damage output is lower than Cordelia’s because of doubling.

So Cordelia is easily winning currently but I went into this playthrough and I hope anyone reading the log did this as well: expecting Nowi to not be doing that well at base. She is entirely a growth character. I’ll get you another update on the duo after Chapter 11.

The tier list of how the units are working for me! Basically just an extremely short how everyone’s doing type thing while giving me time to work on the post Chapter 11 write up I’m planning.

Stahl

Sully

Lon’qu

Chrom

Cordelia

Nowi

Vaike

Everyone else is just a support bot.

Also got something resembling stats up for the chapter 8 log.. Could someone just tell me how to make my own boxes? I can do that easily enough.

Edited by bearclaw13

I'm happy to see Stahl over Sully, but I'm curious about Chrom's position considering his strong earlygame, unless he's not getting much exp. He's the best dude against all the early wyverns, which are among the best enemy types.

I'm happy to see Stahl over Sully, but I'm curious about Chrom's position considering his strong earlygame, unless he's not getting much exp. He's the best dude against all the early wyverns, which are among the best enemy types.

He was above Avatar for a bit then I thought better Avatar has contributed quite a bit through pair up and fighting on the front.. they've been pretty even and both of them are getting screwed somewhere...

Edited by bearclaw13

[spoiler=Chapter 9 - 7(82)]

it's the desert! Last map was the desert as well but it's not anywhere near as big a deal there as it is here. This map has: instant reinforcements and decent enemy density, but you can't take things slowly because as soon as the reinforcements (6 wyverns, a mage and a soldier) appear the rest of the enemies charge which makes it difficult to recruit Libra (who's already a pain in the ass to recruit) and Tharja who's an enemy. Great map but easily enough dealt with if you have at least one strong flier.

Relevant pairs were: Nowi and Kellam, Cordelia and Fred, Cordelia and Chrom, Vaike and Panne.

The enemies here were a lot easier to deal with than enemies earlier on... although that's partly because there was a grand total of one non-wyvern reinforcement that was killed by someone other than Nowi and Cordelia... yeah they both got several levels. Cordelia starts things up by grabbing Frederick and killing the archer closest to the beginning.. she didn't use Stahl because it Fred was the only person giving her the boosts to kill the archer in one-round with a javelin and thus counter-kill the mage on EP. Nowi attacked a wyvern. EP saws lots of enemies die on Cordelia because her defensive stats are lower than Nowi's. Sully then got down to Cordy and gave her Chrom to take to Libra and Tharja, meanwhile Nowi began to lure enemies out from below without triggering the horde. Then shit happened Libra died and I didn't want to reset because of my amazing level ups... I managed to recruit Tharja though! In the end I had Cordelia who was a much higher level give the boss-kill to Nowi faster than Nowi could chip away.. Stupid speed screwage..

Maintenance: Pre-map I master sealed the Avatar but that was included in Chapter 8 stats.. I gave Vaike a Dracoshield.

Stats

Lvl HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp Support

Avatar 15/1 34 16 18 16 17 13 15 11 C tome, D sword

Chrom 13 29 16 3 17 13 14 14 1 B sword S Sully

Sully 15 32 12 4 15 16 14 15 4 A lance, E sword S Chrom

Stahl 12 32 15 1 13 12 11 16 3 A sword, E lance

Vaike 14/2 434 18 1 14 15 9 11 1 B axe B Panne

Lon’qu 14 28 12 5 20 22 14 8 6 B sword

Cordelia 14 37 14 4 17 16 13 11 9 B lance

Nowi 7 22 17 7 5 6 11 14 10

Cordelia was a good deal more useful than Nowi this chapter and the stats are showing that the two of them are kind of opposites. Cordelia's a pegasi just with better strength and defense than normal for her class. While Nowi's a tank the leads aren't any more pronounced in this map then they were last map but Nowi can now hold her own.. at the same time Cordelia is reaching the point where she can just stop caring about enemies.. partially thanks to the seraph robe she recieved.

So yeah Cordelia still > Nowi but things could change as Nowi's level ups come quicker in the future.

I've finally figured it how I'll do the stats! Better late than never...

Also I'm considering Cavalier!Chrom, none of my other units want a second seal and don't look to want one anytime soon...

And it's time for some more chapters..

[spoiler=Paralogue 4 - 6(88)]
The paralogues always seem to be better than the storyline maps to me.. At any rate this is a very fun map because it gives you stuff to do!( I'm pretty easy to please) So yeah in this map I get to recruit Anna the idiot who let the Paralogue 2 village burn down.. and get chests.. I sped things up and only got the bullion but I can't remember any of the others being useful so I'm good..

Pairs were: Cordelia and Stahl (about time!), Lon'qu and Nowi (finally!), Chrom and Sully, Vaike and Panne, Avatar and Frederick.

Fairly simple battle plan Cordelia and Stahl went up the left starting with Stahl because he's underleveled. Vaike takes the threesome right up the middle in a courtyard like thing while Avatar and Chrom/Sully went up the middle to Anna and Nowi took the left her speed is pretty great thanks to Lon'qu, who's boosting it by 6 without supports! So I did that then sent Nowi up through a door and Cordelia up the middle towards the boss.. Nowi leveled so many times and got really good level ups.

UNIT     CLASS   LV.XP HP ST MA SK SP LC DE RE WEAPON          SUPPORT
Chrom     Cav  13/1.00 29 16 3  17 12 14 14 3  B sword,E lance S Sully 
Avatar    GM   15/1.52 34 16 18 16 17 13 15 11 C tome,D sword 
Sully     Cav    16.46 33 13 4  16 17 14 15 4  A lance, E sword S Chrom
Vaike     Barb 14/5.6  49 21 2  16 17 9  13 2  A axe            A Panne
Stahl     Cav    13.72 32 15 1  14 12 11 16 2  A sword
Cordelia  Peg    15.51 38 14 6  17 17 14 11 9  B lance
Nowi      MKE    11.20 27 21 8  8  9  15 18 13 
Lon’qu    Myrm   14.95 28 12 5  20 22 14 8  6  B sword[/font][/color][/size]

Reclassed Chrom to Cavalier as you can see

[spoiler=Chapter 10 - 4(92)]
I'm not going to do the my opinion on the map thing anymore because I think I've stated my opinion and you guys know the maps.

Got this turn count with all the thieves.

Pairs were: Vaike x Panne (fun fact Vaike will double you if he has one less speed than you), Chrom and Sully, Stahl and Cordy, Nowi and Lon'qu.

Cordelia and Sully rush to the side and the two thieves there, Vaike heads for the wyrmslayer, Nowi and Avatar head up for the bullion (gotten on turn 1 player phase). I basically got the thieves then had Cordelia kill the boss with a Killer lance crit.

Chrom     Cav  13/1.23 29 16 3  17 12 14 14 3  B sword,E lance S Sully 
Avatar    GM   15/1.73 34 16 18 16 17 13 15 11 C tome,D sword 
Sully     Cav    17.13 34 14 4  17 17 14 15 5  A lance, E sword S Chrom
Vaike     Barb 14/7.33 51 22 3  17 17 10 14 2  A axe            A Panne
Stahl     Cav    14.02 32 16 1  15 13 11 17 3  A sword
Cordelia  Peg    16.51 39 14 6  18 20 14 11 10 B lance
Nowi      MKE    13.01 29 22 8  9  11  16 19 14 
Lon’qu    Myrm   15.05 29 13 5  21 23 14 8  6  B sword

Vaike is doing much better now that I've given him what I did... it's almost worth it seeing as how he one-rounds everything... if he continues I'll say it was definitely worth it.

[spoiler=Chapter 11 - 6(98)]

Waited things out for the speedwing and had Chrom kill Gangrel.. considering that it's the end of the first storyline arc you would expect a map that's a bit more remarkable but it really is simple. Got the bullion as well..

Pairs were: Nowi x Lon'qu, Vaike x Panne, Cordelia x Stahl, Chrom x Sully,Avatar and Frederick.

Send Nowi and Vaike down the left, Everyone else to the right.

Chrom     Cav  13/3.89 31 17 4  19 12 16 16 4  B sword,E lance S Sully 
             Avatar    GM   15/2.98 34 17 20 17 17 13 15 11 C tome,D sword 
             Sully     Cav    17.80 34 14 4  17 17 14 15 5  A lance, E sword S Chrom
             Vaike     Barb 14/9.32 54 24 3  19 19 10 16 2  A axe           A Panne
             Stahl     Cav    15.67 33 17 1  15 14 12 18 4  A sword
             Cordelia  Peg    17.84 40 15 6  19 21 14 12 11 B lance
             Nowi      MKE    15.59 31 23 9  9  12 16 21 15     
             Lon’qu    SM   15/1 33 16 6  23 26 14 10  9  B sword

Write up of how people are doing is coming soon.

Also gave Nowi the Speedwing and promoted Lon'qu to Sword Master and Gregor (his stats aren't up because he's purely a support bot like Panne.) to Bow Knight.

Vaike's actually looking pretty decent. Looks like Barbarian would be a better choice for him than Fighter, but his durability blows, and a 50% DEF growth, while good, isn't realiable considering how crap his DEF base early on is. Cherche doesn't have this problem, and I'm awaiting her time to shine in your playlog.

And Nowi IS ridiculous. DAT DEF. DAT STR. BUT SHE NEEDS BETTER SPD.

Vaike's actually looking pretty decent. Looks like Barbarian would be a better choice for him than Fighter, but his durability blows, and a 50% DEF growth, while good, isn't realiable considering how crap his DEF base early on is. Cherche doesn't have this problem, and I'm awaiting her time to shine in your playlog.

And Nowi IS ridiculous. DAT DEF. DAT STR. BUT SHE NEEDS BETTER SPD.

Lon'qu having been promoted with a C support gives her 8 and tonics give her two.

I'm awaiting Cherche as well I'll try to get my write up done before halftime is over.

So Lon'qu/Nowi > Gregor/Nowi, in a way? Lon'qu's a pretty awesome father, in general, but I'm curious to whether the two would be a good match.

Who are you pairing Cherche with again?

So Lon'qu/Nowi > Gregor/Nowi, in a way? Lon'qu's a pretty awesome father, in general, but I'm curious to whether the two would be a good match.

Who are you pairing Cherche with again?

Yes. In this log I got Nowi going with Kellam (ie paired her with Kellam for one chapter) and then have her to Lon'qu.

Cherche x Gregor.

Yes. In this log I got Nowi going with Kellam (ie paired her with Kellam for one chapter) and then have her to Lon'qu.

Cherche x Gregor.

Makes sense. The two give each other what they want in vast amounts.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.