Me Gushing About The Bride Class

Warning: Me actually like a little girl in a Disney princess dress-up shop.

I was a bit slow to get the Wedding Bouquet compared to my sister, but today I finally managed to get a hold of it. It's a new class, and I'm pretty excited. I was a bit angered that Dread Fighter is male only, and the Bride class at first felt like a rather sub-par attempt at an equal class for females.

Then I gave my Silvia a Wedding Bouquet and... oh my gosh.

I'm a freaking jellyfish Tron bride and I LOVE it.

The dress itself is gorgeous - if someone, somewhere, could make this dress I would buy it and have a wedding. I'll marry myself, I don't care. The detached sleeves completely win me over, and I adore the way the skirt billows out when you twirl. The overlay looks like some soft of over-sized feather. And the bows. That giant bow in the back, the little ones on the sleeves.... And the ruffles. Those ruffles!

The skirt fades from being opaque to translucent. I can see Silvie's tiny little ankles through the skirt of the dress. And, ah! At the front of the skirt is a piece with a zig-zag trim that fades from a translucent white to a bright blue and back again, contrasting beautifully with the transparent bottom half of the skirt.

The animations... the twirling, the whirling, the spinning. It's elegant, it's romantic. I freaking adore it. The healing animations are so cute. I love the way Silvie places her hand on her hip before she uses the staff. And that is the elegant bow-using I have ever seen. Top that, Virion. And the way she spins the staff over her head... I am fangirling. Completely fangirling.

The only person who probably will Silvie in this dress more than me is her husband. ;) Henry, enjoy the show.

And the skills! Rally Heart tops Rally Spectrum to a T! And Bond is a beautiful healing skill, perfect for Silvia's broken magic stat. I can't wait to actually play it. [/squee]

So, what you think of the new Bride class? You don't have to gush over it like me, but, c'mon, I want to hear your own opinions.

It would've been better if you could see character's head on the sprite

That always bugged me for some reason :\

And yes I do like the bride's dress, although it is highly questionable on how the character can move that fast in that giant dress o-o

THE AERODYNAMICS WOULD NOT ALLOW IT >:(

And I'm being a nerd, I'll just walk away now...

Jellyfish Tron is the PERFECT description XD

Cordelia and Sumia make pretty awesome Brides even if it does take away their mobility. I probably wouldn't make them both go Bride in a single file though, unless my goal was to have a Bride army...which let's be honest is a pretty great goal.

I do agree with Kyung about the generic sprites though, ah well.

Edited by Owain Dark

And the skills! Rally Heart tops Rally Spectrum to a T! And Bond is a beautiful healing skill, perfect for Silvia's broken magic stat. I can't wait to actually play it. [/squee]

Except Spectrum increases all stats by double what Heart does, sacrificing the +1 movement that Heart gives, and Bond only restores 10 HP total, rather than 10 HP + the Magic Stat. If it did that, it'd be broken as all hell.

Rally Heart is great combined with other rallies. My Cordelia has Rally Heart, Rally Movement, and Rally Speed, and basically it gives everyone a pair of boots plus a big stat boost. Brides are seriously good at supporting with rallies.

Well, I had my own share of things to say about "Bride" when it was first released in Japan. The dress looks really nice and and it's hilarious. Although I'd have been more amused (and less on the ticked side when the DLC was initially released in Japan) if they had a "groom" class for the dudes and maybe a female version of Dread Fighter.

I don't actually HAVE this DLC yet, because school Internet, but the weapons combination bugs me a little. What is the purpose of having a magic stat that high if the only magic Bride can use is staves? Lances are the only constant 1-2 range weapon that the Bride has, whereas Dread Fighters get axes, tomes, and Levin swords if you can use them sparingly or have armsthrift. I guess I feel that Bride got a bit shafted in the fighting department. Even if it's supposed to be a support class, come on, like people are not going to make their characters fight?

But that's just me :P:

Yeah I wish there's female dread fighter esp since Axe Sword Tome is like my favourite weapon combo and I'm already annoyed that I can't make my MU go Berserker (which fits her build best) but oh well

But fuck time to make a bunch of spotpass rallybots, that shit stacks with Spectrum, man :D

Edited by Thor Odinson

I love the design and animations as well, I just wish that Brides retained some more movement because they don't seem to be on par with Dread Fighters gameplay-wise.

And I very much wish there was a "Groom's Suit" bouquet item too, haha.

That always bugged me for some reason :\

And yes I do like the bride's dress, although it is highly questionable on how the character can move that fast in that giant dress o-o

THE AERODYNAMICS WOULD NOT ALLOW IT >:(

And I'm being a nerd, I'll just walk away now...

I gotta agree on the head part, but it's a minor thing. It's like how IS didn't really include feet in all of FE13.

And seriously! How can they hit so fast in that fluffy dress?! And dodge! At least, the only time I got that many Wedding Bouquets was on my Normal run and that was easy as hell to dodge crap.

Except Spectrum increases all stats by double what Heart does, sacrificing the +1 movement that Heart gives, and Bond only restores 10 HP total, rather than 10 HP + the Magic Stat. If it did that, it'd be broken as all hell.

That is true, but it's still epic in its own way.

I sorta understand the way IS had the distribution on Bride and Dread Fighter classes... but I guess I didn't mind. Although having a Groom would have been DEFINITELY nice too. I'd buy it for Chrom and then have Avatar become a Bride.

I LOVED Olivia as a Bride. She was so pretty and... elegant and... just, yeah. I was gushing over her the same way as OP is for the class. Then I also turned Lucina into one, but, I still think Olivia is the prettiest as one. Though only Lucina maxed all her stats as a Bride (before I got Limit Breaker on her on Normal)... Still, it's really elegant and beautiful.

...I really need to grab the item on my Hard run too. But I'm such a chicken! Please don't tell Linkmstr.

Are dread-fighter and bride classes the only ones with this feature, or lack-there-of? It's weird seeing a generic ninja on the world map for Chrom.

I adore the bride class too! I think it looks best on Olivia, having tried it with all the women in the army. It suits Olivia the best, too, now she can be a dancer that's pretty and can fight without that horrible dancer outfit.

I adore the bride class too! I think it looks best on Olivia, having tried it with all the women in the army. It suits Olivia the best, too, now she can be a dancer that's pretty and can fight without that horrible dancer outfit.

I thought the dancer outfit was good, it suits Olivia well IMO

Ill take credit for that description. :P

I dig the class but i wish they could use tomes.

I'd prefer swords.

Mostly just for Eirika so she can use her own weapon in that class.

I thought the dancer outfit was good, it suits Olivia well IMO

She's supposed to be super shy and gets embarrassed when people stare at her. It wouldn't be AS bad if Kozaki didn't deny the female designs were over-sexualized for no good reason. Instead he claims "their personalities lead to the design", which I find to be BS when Olivia's incredibly skimpy outfit clashes so terribly with her she and modest/insanely-humble personality. It IS possible to want to dress sexy and still be embarrassed by it, but it drives me mad anyway. 8U;

I find it amusing that the ladies can be brides without finding a companion yet.

Haha, on one of my files I made Sumia a Bride pretty much right after she got to A rank with Henry. A little desperate maybe but Henry didn't mind.

Amelia shall be a Bride so she can once again be an unstoppable lancer in a dress.

I see your Amelia and raise you a Nepheenee.

I'm kind of bummed that the only way Brides can take advantage of their Magic offensively is to use a Shockstick.

Kicking ass in a frilly dress in a really girly way is something I adore to the core, so the Bride class has a special place in my heart for making that possible.

She's supposed to be super shy and gets embarrassed when people stare at her. It wouldn't be AS bad if Kozaki didn't deny the female designs were over-sexualized for no good reason. Instead he claims "their personalities lead to the design", which I find to be BS when Olivia's incredibly skimpy outfit clashes so terribly with her she and modest/insanely-humble personality. It IS possible to want to dress sexy and still be embarrassed by it, but it drives me mad anyway. 8U;

Well I don't know whether it was her choice to wear "skimpy" outfit.

She had to wear it cause she had to make money and you really can't make money by wearing "normal" clothes

EDIT: And also in her portrait, she covers her body with her arms. So yeah...

Edited by Kyung