If you were to create a Fire Emblem Class... what would it be?

In my hack the third "lord" (who doesn't join until much, much later) is of the Empress class, but not the FE10 variant. She instead is a mono-bow user with incredibly good stats and a very good personal weapon. So I've kind of created that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get an idea for my straight up mercenary promotion

Commander/Captain

High SPD and SKILL

Moderate STR and DEF

Low RES

Very low MAG

Use swords and bow (crossbow is preferable)

Skills is similar to rally skills and charm/solidarity skills

I still think that crocodile knights (I mentioned these a while ago) would be really cool; they would add more variety to maps with water/rivers.

Oh, yeah, and I think that water magic could be a neat addition to the magic triangle. (It would be neutral magic with high accuracy/low weight, but low power) Basically the magic equivilent of knives.

Crocoknight:

A strong and speedy fighter who rides on a crocodile in combat. Can traverse over water with ease. Equip: Axe.

It can promote into...

Crocomaster:

A fierce crocodile-riding warrior whose dangerous fighting style strikes fear into those on both land and sea. Equip: Axe, Knife.

It can then promote into...

Crocolord: A fearsome warrior who has mastered the art of crocodile-riding. Their fierce attacks pierce through enemies on both land and sea. Equip: Axe, Knife.

Crocoknights could also probably promote into a different crocodile class family. It would have higher Magic and would also use axes. it would also use water magic instead of knives.

Templar.

Uses lances and staves. Heavily armored unit.

An armorknight with healing capabilities. It would probably have typical knight stats (decent strength, decent skill, high defense, low speed, low res), but have mediocre magic.

Griffon Rider- Techinically already a class in Awakening, but is a base class, uses swords instead of axes. Promotes into either Griffon Knight (Swords, Axes) or Griffon Trooper (Swords, Bows, Traps)

Griffon Knight- A majestic, seasoned Griffon Rider who use swords and axes in battle. Extremely balanced and very proud. Equip: Swords, Axes) Like a flying hero.

Griffon Trooper- A tricky hunter riding on a griffon as a mount. They lure their opponents into traps leaving them immobilized for several turns leaving them immobilzed and unable to attack or counterattack. They attack with swords and bows for attacks.

Overall I think Griffon Troopers would be fun to use. But they have lower caps then Griffon Knights.

I'll explain traps now. They are rare and can only be used by certain classes. The user hides them into the ground and if a unit on the opposite side of the setter of the trap lands onto the space the become immobilized and are unable to attack for 5 turns. If you face one of these classes and they have a trap, you should be careful during the enemy phase.

Edited by FEUltiX+

I still think that crocodile knights (I mentioned these a while ago) would be really cool; they would add more variety to maps with water/rivers.

Oh, yeah, and I think that water magic could be a neat addition to the magic triangle. (It would be neutral magic with high accuracy/low weight, but low power) Basically the magic equivilent of knives.

Crocoknight:

A strong and speedy fighter who rides on a crocodile in combat. Can traverse over water with ease. Equip: Axe.

It can promote into...

Crocomaster:

A fierce crocodile-riding warrior whose dangerous fighting style strikes fear into those on both land and sea. Equip: Axe, Knife.

It can then promote into...

Crocolord: A fearsome warrior who has mastered the art of crocodile-riding. Their fierce attacks pierce through enemies on both land and sea. Equip: Axe, Knife.

Crocoknights could also probably promote into a different crocodile class family. It would have higher Magic and would also use axes. it would also use water magic instead of knives.

I suppose I don't really know how to react to this.

I prefer bear cavalry though

• 2 weeks later...

my idea for a recruit... (low stats class base stat caps are 10 hp and caped at 20) however they can use any weapon type but at E rank (can not use armscrolls). However they still gain weapon exp which can be seen letting them reach D rank wich triggers their promotion to a base class relying on that weapon type that are avalible to the charecters gender would be base class of civilians.

Its tough to think of balenced ones...

So basically a Freelancer from the FF game that have a job system?

Edited by removermover

• 1 month later...

I want to have a magic class, that can switch into an Archery & Sword class. Let me explain it better.

First, you start off with it's default class - mage. Like PoR, they'd be able to use Fire, Wind, and Thunder from the start. Once they promote, they change into a class that then uses Swords AND Bows. Later on in the game, you can equip them with some type of item that allows you to change their form, to go back to using magic.

In other words: A class that can use Magic, Swords, and Bows. >v>

How is that a "better" idea, exactly? Seeing as they would be completely useless in maps that aren't deeply flooded with water.

Anyway, I was going go with Ninja/Ninja Master, but they'd practically be the same as Assassins, so...

I thought of one "gimmick" that might be neat for a "Ninja" class rather than simply being an Assassin clone, although I'm not entirely sure how well it'd be received... But how about playing on how Ninjas are supposed to be stealthy, and give them the ability to have others perceive them like Fog Of War maps generally are? (IE. if they're too far out of X character's vision range, they're invisible. This can be used to cause an ambush, etc. Perhaps give them enhanced terrain bonuses, as well.)

I think for a ninja to work, though, you'd want a game with a lot more asian-themed classes, otherwise ninjas would look out of place. Some random goofy ideas here:

Yin-yang mage: Uses light and dark tomes, but no anima tomes to staves. (Course, elements need to be relevant again for this...)

Hermit: Character based on the stereotype of an elderly martial arts master. Would have high speed and skill and wack enemies with a cane (Which maybe can be swapped for a lance, but the cane to start). Some way to implement Fist of the Drunken Monkey as a gameplay mechanic would be a plus.

and few other class ideas I've randomly thought of for the sake of contributing to the thread:

Negotiator: Would bribe red units (except portraited characters) to become green (NPC Ally) units with Gold. Otherwise not a powerful unit.

Horse Armor (lol, I don't care if there's a better name to think of, let's go with this for now): Since Armor Knights always have mov as their main vice, why not just throw them on a mount? Possible cons to normal cavaliers: Restrict them to lances only, give them one less mov than a typical mount, or hard-set their res to next to nothing with no chance of growth.

Olympian: Can use javelins as well as bows. (Yes, I'm literally just imagining a guy in a t-shirt and shorts throwing a javelin at a cavalier.)

Ah, the things I type at 1 in the morning.

picture fire emblem.

now picture ancient greece.

now fuse the two.

that's what i want. a greco-roman themed fire emblem instead of a medieval fire emblem.

so many cool class ideas. gladiator -> olympian being the coolest i can think of now.

I'd make a Groom class.

They bothered to add Bride..

Except in the Groom class, they would basically be a Great Knight on foot.

Their max stats would be better though, in trade for lower movement.

Edited by Carter

Isn't the Horse Armor pretty much a Great Knight?

In FE:A, Great Knight felt in practice more like a general purpose unit with great stats but a buncha achilles heels in regards to being weak to both armorslayers and beastslayers. I would imagine a more proper horse armor would be more defense-specialized, and more weak against magic than weapons, like how GBA Armors tended to be in my experience. Or maybe they'd basically be like damage-sucking tanks, but not be able to kill anyone. Course, In the end much of that is semantics, and established classes have changed between entries without much regard to reasoning behind it. I missed having Falcoknights with swords in Awakening. Staves feel weird on them.

picture fire emblem.

now picture ancient greece.

now fuse the two.

that's what i want. a greco-roman themed fire emblem instead of a medieval fire emblem.

so many cool class ideas. gladiator -> olympian being the coolest i can think of now.

Akaneia FE was originally quite close to that. Marth used to be translated as Mars, among other things

Alchemist: Can make potions and vulneries. Attack by combining items with healing items. When you combine an item with a vulnery, it's that items uses times the healing items uses times 3.
Attack consist of earth elements like metal, rock, and sand.

Hunter: Uses arrows and axes, Strongest archer.
Has the ability to track in fog (if that ever comes back). and can tell where reinforcement will come from.

Mage Pirate: Instead of axes, they use magic. high on HP and magic, low on defense and speed.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new here so I'm just going to show you

Class: scholar- a very rare but very powerful elite group of people.

Tier- 3rd

Wields- all weapons and tomes and staves.

Well you seem to know what a scholar is as well as IS knows what a Traubador is...Seems like it could happen.

I'dlike to see a poleman, who specifically uses Polearm-type weaponry (axe/lance). The class would be general Infantry, but all Polearms are +Effective (like 4x) on Horses, similar to bows on Fliers, but Polemen have weaker Str/weaker weaponry overall so they're much more niche than regular Halberdiers/Fighters due to the damage modifier being a huge source of their damage output.

Well you seem to know what a scholar is as well as IS knows what a Traubador is...Seems like it could happen.

I also have a name of a promoted assassin class. Which is shadow assassin. If I were to make a fire emblem game, it would be called:Fire Emblem:Dark Book

In FE:A, Great Knight felt in practice more like a general purpose unit with great stats but a buncha achilles heels in regards to being weak to both armorslayers and beastslayers. I would imagine a more proper horse armor would be more defense-specialized, and more weak against magic than weapons, like how GBA Armors tended to be in my experience. Or maybe they'd basically be like damage-sucking tanks, but not be able to kill anyone. Course, In the end much of that is semantics, and established classes have changed between entries without much regard to reasoning behind it. I missed having Falcoknights with swords in Awakening. Staves feel weird on them.

fwiw, FE4, the first game to have a promoted pegasus knight class that could use anything other than lances, had Pegs that could use both swords and lances, with the ability to use staves on promo. So Falcos with swords aren't really any "older" than Falcos with staves, though they've been in more games.

I had the idea for a foot class that starts with lances in the first tier, but promotes to gain bows. Kind of like a mercenary except with lances+bows instead of swords+axes. Since soldiers are traditionally "balanced", this new class would be weaker but faster than a soldier/halberdier.

Griffon Rider -> Griffon Knight or Sky Hunter

Griffon Riders use axes and are akin to flying Fighters as opposed to Wyverns who are more like flying Knights.

Griffon Knights use axes and swords and have balanced stats with a slight focus towards hp and strength. Aesthetically the mount has a lion's body and an eagle's head.

Sky Hunters use axes and bows and have higher skill and speed. The mount has a body built like a cheetah and a hawk's head.

Wyvern Riders go back to using lances to differentiate from Griffon Riders, promoting into Wyvern Lord (General type flyer) or Wyvern Knight (glass cannon flyer)

• 4 weeks later...

Weather Mage: As the name implies, they can manipulate the weather, affecting enemies within a certain radius. They gain more weather spells by leveling up. Examples for their spells are Wind, which slows down fliers immensely, various debuffs like heat or cold, and various kinds of storms after promotion, which serve to attack enemies directly. They can use Anima and promote into Meteorologists. They are of immune to natural weather effects (like being slowed down by rain and having a wide range of vision in FoW), but can be harmed by the enemy´s weather spells.

Lizard Rider: Similar stats as Wyvern Riders. They have less movement than Cavaliers, but don´t get slowed down by terrain as much. They are weak to horse- and wyvernslaying weapons. They wield lances and get access to axes after promotion to Lizard Knight.

Blood Mage: They sacrifice HP for spells, FE2-Style. Less overall attack power than normal mages, but their variety of spells gives them much utility.