Anti-Counter/Pavise/Aegis Build Idea

Lead Unit:

Sorcerer (Dark Mage may work better if you are confident miracle will activate)

The Higher your luck cap, the better.

Maxed in everything EXCEPT SKILL

Skill MUST BE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE!

Skills:

Vantage

Miracle

Wrath

Gamble

Limit Break

Weapon:

Waste+ (+3MT, +5Crit)

Partner Unit: Any Class

Maxed Out Stats

Skills:

Hit Rate+20<-Replace with Dual Strike+ if available.

____Faire(Use the corrosponding one)

Dual Guard+

Armsthrift

Limit Break

Weapon:

Any Brave-type weapon+ (+5MT, +3Hit).

The point of this build is for lunatic+, to bypass the excessive appearances of pavice+, Aegis+, and Counter.

Your lead unit won't attack successfully ever, so counter never works on him/her.

Your partner unit does all the attacking, which bypasses pavise, aegis, and counter. As long as you do 22 damage per hit (x4 is enough to kill a hp+5 capped enemy), your lead unit will never take any damage, so he/she will never get killed.

Edit: Waste is forged for crit so that if you do hit, it increases the chance that it is a killing hit.

Edited by someonewhodied

Alternatively, Nosferatu/Aversa's Night + Sol in conjunction with high Skl. Partner's class gives Skl. The front unit should equip Lethality if no enemies have Dragonskin or Miracle + Counter. Partner should have a Brave Something, of course. Any Dual ___+ skills plus relevant Faires would be good for the partner. Additional healing in the form of Lifetaker or Renewal would be helpful for the main unit. Heck, just about anything would be helpful for the last Skill slot (except Astra). Both units are presumed to be Limit Broken and maxed.

EDIT: For example, a +Spd -Lck Sorcerer will hit 50 Skl. After Pair Up (+10) and three Rallies (+10), you're looking at 70 Skl. 17% chance to proc Lethality. You have only a 25% chance to fail to proc either Skill. This, of course, is where Lifetaker or Renewal come in.

For another alternative, just grab a Brave Bow and Pass. To avoid being locked to range, be a Warrior, Assassin, Bride, or Bow Knight. You could actually have your pocket unit with this setup while you use whatever you wish. For added lulz, throw Galeforce and Pass on both Skill-giving, Brave Bow-wielding spouses and watch as you either safely kill 2 Counter enemies and switch to prep for enemy phase, or kill three Counter dudes and deal with what you have equipped. Hitting 12 times, 8 of which are bypassing Aegis, makes the enemies far less threatening and trivializes the game in general.

Edited by Søren

Can you forge sandbag weapons in this game (decreases instead of increases)? Because that's one way of butchering your hit rates. "Skill as low as possible" sounds like a strange requirement because you don't really have manual control over your level-ups. Tharja sounds like the easiest solution though, with her low skill base/growth.

If you wanted the lead unit to be tanky overall, you could use Dread Fighter. Lower offense doesn't matter because the lead unit is supposed to be either missing or hitting for 0 damage anyway. Just pick a male child with incredibly low MAG growth and reset whenever they gain a point. Use unforged Celica's, and they should miss/tink every shot.

Thank you for plagiarizing.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66128166

You also got the outdated version. Latest build can be found on post #33 that link or here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40048

The extent to which you are full of yourself is un-fucking-believable. Cut out this shit.

It is possible he came up with it on his own you know...

This is true. But...

The extent to which you are full of yourself is un-fucking-believable. Cut out this shit.

The similarity and the fact that this topic was made shortly after my topic was created on GameFAQs is completely questionable. My suspicions are reasonable.

Peace, you guys. This isn't the place to have a hissy fit. I see differences in the two builds, the main one being that this one relies on never hitting, as opposed to hitting with a really hard-to-get weapon (no I am not going to Streetpass until I get the requisite amount, thankyouverymuch).

Peace, you guys. This isn't the place to have a hissy fit. I see differences in the two builds, the main one being that this one relies on never hitting, as opposed to hitting with a really hard-to-get weapon (no I am not going to Streetpass until I get the requisite amount, thankyouverymuch).

Celica sells Celica's Gale! Srsly it's just a matter of updating your Spotpass if you don't have it!

bearclaw13's right. Though, I mostly just wonder-- how are you going to max everything EXCEPT skill? The only thing I can think of is putting skill as your weak trait-- but even then skill level up rates are determined by class. What, are you going to merch hunt for stat boosting items?

Celica sells Celica's Gale! Srsly it's just a matter of updating your Spotpass if you don't have it!

It is still something that is a waste of time, IMO.

bearclaw13's right. Though, I mostly just wonder-- how are you going to max everything EXCEPT skill? The only thing I can think of is putting skill as your weak trait-- but even then skill level up rates are determined by class. What, are you going to merch hunt for stat boosting items?

Reset if you level it up. It's tedious. Most things like this are pretty impractical anyway, but fun to think up.

This is true. But...

The similarity and the fact that this topic was made shortly after my topic was created on GameFAQs is completely questionable. My suspicions are reasonable.

I actually thought of this myself discussing with a couple of friends and one of them suggested basing a pair off of dual strike. I then made this setup.

By that argument it's a waste of time to do IR and GG over and over again...

I agree completely.

I'd certainly agree that any strategy dependent on replaying those two maps more times than otherwise necessary is a pretty bad one.

I'd certainly agree that any strategy dependent on replaying those two maps more times than otherwise necessary is a pretty bad one.

That is what I meant but I hate the concept of grinding in this game so I always come off really harsh towards it.

I also thought of using this strategy using "Gamble" for low hit and using Chrom since he has Falchion and Dual Strike+.

Does it really matter who thought of this first? How about Wrath, Vantage, Vengeance combo? Patent it?

Anyway, back on topic, get Dual support for the AC(anti-counter) pair, doesn't matter who, dual strike+ if possible, and "Focus".

Not necessarily need low skill, since high skill total increase your dual strike chances.

You can purposefully 'level' your stats of the lead so that the total chances is not more than 100%.

Miracle, Vantage, Sol, Rightful King are good since you just stats up all the way you like.

You don't need to use 'waste', Erika's Blade, Brave Axe can do the trick.

Mire works too, since its hit is the lowest, and you just need to have higher total defenses pairs to box the AC in,

with Anthema, 1 range weapon, rally skills/tomebreaker/bowbreaker,

so enemy AI will target the AC pair.

I learnt that 'focus' crits for the dual striker, so as long as you kills the enemy with crit before 2nd move when your vantage end, you win.

x2 weapon just allows one more attack for the partner.