Canon ages of the Exalt siblings

Perlia

Lissa is a build 1 female if you check her height in the barracks. What does that make build 2 female Avatar for age...?

Probably the same as Ricken so...roughly 12-ish?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really neat and I love the drawings : )

Good thing I ordered the issue a couple of weeks ago. No clue when it'll arrive though...

BTW, if you want to buy it, get it from CDJapan instead; it's much cheaper there.

...Whoa. Let's just say my mind is blown. Shipping minors aside, the fact that Chrom has a child at age 21-ish amazed me. Where I live, 21 is the minimum age where people can marry without consent (16 with parental consent). さすが性王クロム。

Until SSB4 comes out, which may give ages (SSBB did for Lyn, although it put her at 15). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the localization team had decided on ages for each character, whether on not it is changed from the ages specified in Japanese material related to FE13.

Lyn being 15 (JP version) was known before Brawl, which is how it got that info (as opposed to Melee's blind guessing).

Trivia: Japanese Melee said Mario is 26, which no one acknowledged afterwards. This is the only trophy description with unsourced age.

Edited by nocturnal YL

...Whoa. Let's just say my mind is blown. Shipping minors aside, the fact that Chrom has a child at age 21-ish amazed me. Where I live, 21 is the minimum age where people can marry without consent (16 with parental consent). さすが性王クロム。

Lyn being 15 (JP version) was known before Brawl, which is how it got that info (as opposed to Melee's blind guessing).

Trivia: Japanese Melee said Mario is 26, which no one acknowledged afterwards. This is the only trophy description with unsourced age.

Well, the thing is, remember the time setting for the FE games. I don't think it would be that uncommon for people to have kids around that age... but I do understand where you're coming from with being surprised. although now I do feel bad because I chose the second build for Avatar and that means she mothered a child that young. Though the ages for the other characters can still vary because I don't think height alone determines their ages...

At least Chrom will have his other child later? When that is, we'll probably never know? Unless we actually do from the other FoD chapters.

But what about all the crap about teen pregnancy nowadays lol.... not saying I know any though.

Edited by Cordelia

And now whoever married Donny as their Avatar should feel bad. VERY BAD!

What if they're using the small build that makes the avatar look like a kid? :Hugh:

And now whoever married Donny as their Avatar should feel bad. VERY BAD!

What if they're using the small build that makes the avatar look like a kid? :Hugh:

Well damn, looks like I'm a pedophile then. ~o3o~

Height or looks ≠ actual age, really. For one, I've been looking about 16-ish for 9 years now. Can apply for some character, too.

That's why I never judge people by appearances. I'm 20 years old now, but when I ask, people always think I look 14 because I'm below 5 feet and have very petite features. Personally, though, I always thought the "younger" members like Ricken and Donny to be about 14-15.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Honestly, the whole age/marriage thing isn't that odd when you consider when this game is set. Up until a hundred (maybe 200) years ago, it was perfectly normal, or even encouraged, for young teens to get married, perhaps have kids by the time they're adults. And big differences in ages weren't that unusual. I can't remember who it was but I remember learning about a physicist about 300ish years ago, who at 28 went over to a friends house for a meal, met his 14 year old daughter and married her shortly after. It just wasn't an unusual thing.

Of course, this game isn't set a few hundred years ago, but in a fantasy world. I think the ideas behind it still transfer though.

As for the picture, it's pretty neat. Chrom looks kind of angry (it's kind of the "I have to stand here and let you paint me?" look), but Lissa is cute (Emmeryn as well but less so).

Honestly, the whole age/marriage thing isn't that odd when you consider when this game is set. Up until a hundred (maybe 200) years ago, it was perfectly normal, or even encouraged, for young teens to get married, perhaps have kids by the time they're adults. And big differences in ages weren't that unusual. I can't remember who it was but I remember learning about a physicist about 300ish years ago, who at 28 went over to a friends house for a meal, met his 14 year old daughter and married her shortly after. It just wasn't an unusual thing.

Of course, this game isn't set a few hundred years ago, but in a fantasy world. I think the ideas behind it still transfer though.

As for the picture, it's pretty neat. Chrom looks kind of angry (it's kind of the "I have to stand here and let you paint me?" look), but Lissa is cute (Emmeryn as well but less so).

he married his daughter? seriously!?

That's why I never judge people by appearances. I'm 20 years old now, but when I ask, people always think I look 14 because I'm below 5 feet and have very petite features. Personally, though, I always thought the "younger" members like Ricken and Donny to be about 14-15.

Yes, that's true. It's also a common thing for Asians to be.... looking younger than they really are. Hell, that still happens at work for me. But for Ricken and Donny, well, we know Donny will have to be under 14-15 now though, considering Lissa is that age. I don't know if Donny and Lissa ever specified the difference in age.

I wouldn't be that surprised for Ricken's age.

Again, that might not be so surprising in that time period...

But I pretty much said a similar thing as Tables, haha.

Well, we also got Aversa's age (as was mentioned earlier) after getting Chrom's. So she'd be... 26-27... the hell.

Did I miss it somewhere where the game stated Emmeryn's age? Or is this in the Knights of Iris or something? Since it seemed Emm's age was announced before.

Yes, that's true. It's also a common thing for Asians to be.... looking younger than they really are. Hell, that still happens at work for me. But for Ricken and Donny, well, we know Donny will have to be under 14-15 now though, considering Lissa is that age. I don't know if Donny and Lissa ever specified the difference in age.

Lol, I'm just a mishmash of Mediterranean descent, and some how I got the shortest genes of my family; conversely, my second cousins are over six feet. Not fair... :/

Oh gosh no, incest has been a taboo for just about forever. I realise my wording wasn't entirely clear there but the "his daughter" is referring to the friends daughter, not his own.

Edited by Tables

Did I miss it somewhere where the game stated Emmeryn's age? Or is this in the Knights of Iris or something? Since it seemed Emm's age was announced before.

Here ya go, from Chapter 6:

The last exalt, my father, waged war on Plegia for many years. The violence... It was a brutal campaign, ending only with his death 15 years ago.

I was young, but I remember those dark times. ...I know how they affected Emmeryn. [...] When our father died before her 10th year, he left her quite the legacy...

That's really neat and I love the drawings : )

Good thing I ordered the issue a couple of weeks ago. No clue when it'll arrive though...

BTW, if you want to buy it, get it from CDJapan instead; it's much cheaper there.

Oh hey, I finally got my automatic bid outbid at 51 bucks.

Time to get it from CDJapan then.

I'm glad I read through the topic before posting. I was about to post something along these lines, but now I don't have to.

So yeah, don't be surprised when you hear of people in their early teens getting married and stuff, because it really was that way a couple centuries ago.

Edited by Raven

...I'll be honest, I have my Avatar as body type 2 but my headcanon for him is that he's actually 16~19 and just really petit and feminine for his age/sex.

And yeah, medieval setting, marriage age customs differences, herpaderpadunk.

To be honest I had them at around that age, although I pictured Chrom being a year or two older than that.

Oddly for their sizes/personalities (in Ricken's case), I'd thought both Ricken and Donnel were 14~15, which I suppose still works for the most part (Donnel could just be a younger 14 than Lissa).