I love how this game supports ChromxSumia

Oh, no it's fine. I know exactly what you're talking about though. I was talking to a girl in my neighborhood the other day - who's twenty-one, mind you - about the game and she suddenly goes into the long-winded rant about how much she hated Lissa for trying to approach Lon'qu in chapter 4. "Sinking her claws into him", she claimed. I sat the whole time literally thinking NOTHING except, "What the fuck is wrong with you."

Haha, I was gonna suggest you tell your sister to give Sumia a chance until I saw she's only eleven. Then I was like, aww, that's cute. An adult behaving the same way though...not so cute. Am I ageist

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about as logical if I were to hate on Basilio for saving Olivia from the noble in her backstory.

"HE WANTS HER FOR HIMSELF".

I don't think my neighbor understands the concept of "logic".

Tch. There's a REY-ge Awakened joke in there somewhere...

And I know. I just... wow. All that fuss for a guy with a seriously awkward confessional statement. 'Kay.

My sister is seriously harsh when it comes to her opinions. If she doesn't like a character, she will display said dislike. Of course, I am trying to mitigate this slightly... I tricked her into letting me get the Chrom x Maribelle support for her... if SHE got Chrom x Sumia.

:XD:

She wasn't happy once she figured it out.

I'm surprised that nobody's felt the need to point out that the name of the cutscene "Lovebirds" was changed to "The Rescue" in the EU version.

Hohoho. Seems like fans not liking any "canon" was big enough that it prompted that.

Bravo.

Just like how the pulled in the Drama CD and any official media, they're TRYING as much as possible from triggering fan rage at their husbandos and waifus marrying someone else.

Especially considering the amount of female players who want Chrom's Falchion.

Hohoho. Seems like fans not liking any "canon" was big enough that it prompted that.Bravo.Just like how the pulled in the Drama CD and any official media, they're TRYING as much as possible from triggering fan rage at their husbandos and waifus marrying someone else.Especially considering the amount of female players who want Chrom's Falchion.

Parings are serious business.

I used to be annoyed by it. Then I found out that it's kind of optimal, so I'm okay with it.

And since gameplay > story for me in terms of video game eugenics, I am now content to let Chrom have Sumia's pie in the next Male Avatar run I do, if I ever get around to it.

Avatar!Lucina is pretty amazing from both gameplay and story standpoints though.

I used to be annoyed by it. Then I found out that it's kind of optimal, so I'm okay with it.

And since gameplay > story for me in terms of video game eugenics, I am now content to let Chrom have Sumia's pie in the next Male Avatar run I do, if I ever get around to it.

Avatar!Lucina is pretty amazing from both gameplay and story standpoints though.

Oh so very true. Lucina with Ignis is particularly terrifying.

Edited by Vashiane

I'm surprised that nobody's felt the need to point out that the name of the cutscene "Lovebirds" was changed to "The Rescue" in the EU version.

Oh...wow. While I didn't like the title, I just...ignore/avoid it... but to have the title changed... if it's because of all the fans not liking the sense of 'canon', then... yeah, uhh... I still go with the no-canon-pairings. It'd be so different from the Japanese title, now that we all know what the Japanese title says. :(

Edited by Cordelia

Oh...wow. While I didn't like the title, I just...ignore/avoid it... but to have the title changed... if it's because of all the fans not liking the sense of 'canon', then... yeah, uhh... I still go with the no-canon-pairings. It'd be so different from the Japanese title, now that we all know what the Japanese title says. :(

I guess because generally speaking the Japanese prefer to have a canon pairing melded into the story, while us Westerners prefer to choice what we feel is canon. Having said "canon" be forced on us, well, we clearly don't care for it that much as you can see. And of course, this doesn't apply to everyone across the board.

Different strokes for different folks sums up everything quite nicely.

Edited by Vashiane

Mahhh...well, I just sort of gave up on her after a couple maps. I never grind because I get too bored, but I'm sure she turns out good if you do.

I've personally never felt the need to grind Sumia in my no-grind run (in accordance to SDS's tier rules). Frederick just kind of fixes her flaws for early-game, and she turns out decent when she doesn't need him anymore.

And as far as Chrom/Sumia vs. Chrom/Olivia goes, Sumia!Lucina has the classes and skills needed to set her apart from Olivia!Lucina as a viable option in her own right, having strengths that Olivia!Lucina lacks, and Cynthia gets Aether which is the better skill for me, compared to Inigo's Rightful King.

I guess because generally speaking the Japanese prefer to have a canon pairing melded into the story, while us Westerners prefer to choice what we feel is canon. Having said "canon" be forced on us, well, we clearly don't care for it that much as you can see. And of course, this doesn't apply to everyone across the board.

Different strokes for different folks sums up everything quite nicely.

Too bad everyone who ships people believes that their way = true way, no matter what happens.

Exceptions do exist of course.

Oh so very true. Lucina with Ignis is particularly terrifying.

I prefer Lucina with Veteran than Ignis, but maybe that's because I always run Strength avatars and so mag is kinda nonexistent in the family. I can see how it can be good if you run Mag-based MUs, certainly.

Veteran gets her up to speed ridiculously fast though. Low level high bases for said level (unless you haven't used MU or something) gets levels really fast. That shit builds up, man.

Either way can't really go wrong with FeMU in terms of gameplay.

A part of me wishes that Chrom and Sumia could only marry each other, just to see how much fanatics would freak out over it.

Yeah XD

lol chaos reigns.

I prefer Lucina with Veteran than Ignis, but maybe that's because I always run Strength avatars and so mag is kinda nonexistent in the family. I can see how it can be good if you run Mag-based MUs, certainly.

Veteran gets her up to speed ridiculously fast though. Low level high bases for said level (unless you haven't used MU or something) gets levels really fast. That shit builds up, man.

Either way can't really go wrong with FeMU in terms of gameplay.

Hummm...I did a magic based MU for my first run through, I've been doing some defense ones recently. That's been rather helpful.

I never do Chrom x FeAvatar, partly because I hate their conversations and don't really like Chrom all that much. I don't really care if it is broken, I'd rather do a better pairing than them.

Locking Chrom x Sumia, I wouldn't really care but then that stops them from having their true loves(Olivia and Henry).

Oh boy... that sure would've been... actually, I'm pretty sure at least depending when would it be known, everybody would have months to stomach it... or not.

but then that stops them from having their true loves(Olivia and Henry).

One of them had to be addressed on localization because it had to be tweaked to actually be believable. |D

... Let me guess, the Chrom x Olivia one?

Idonteven.png

I was like "who came up with this crap?" when I was comparing the new lines. And then I saw that even Chrom admitted that it was a "whirlwind romance".

Like they literally had to put it in there so people would acknowledge that "oh okay". S support assumed that it had development beforehand, and you'd be like... "wait when did that happen?"

Idonteven.png

I was like "who came up with this crap?" when I was comparing the new lines. And then I saw that even Chrom admitted that it was a "whirlwind romance".

Like they literally had to put it in there so people would acknowledge that "oh okay". S support assumed that it had development beforehand, and you'd be like... "wait when did that happen?"

Probably another instance of the localization having fun with the game - Lissa herself mentions the absurdity of it all. Though that in and of itself does take on a whole new meaning depending on who you have Lissa marry before then (if you do so).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Probably another instance of the localization having fun with the game - Lissa herself mentions the absurdity of it all.

"Turn my back one minute and you're married. The next? A baby!"

Lissa, I love you so much. You have no idea.

It WAS a little random and once I first figured out who Chrom's supports were I wasn't the happiest, especially since I was waiting for Miriel to sweep Chrom off of his feet. I would have liked to see that one actually. Miriel could have conducted an experiment on what makes him a good leader, why people are inspired and drawn to him, then concluding by realizing she's drawn to him as well.

But the rest of Chrom's supports with Olivia actually show he has some charm to him when it wants to be. Clearly someone removed his charm skill while he was talking to Female Avatar, but here we actually see it in use. Kind of.

Edited by Vashiane

But the rest of Chrom's supports with Olivia actually show he has some charm to him when it wants to be. Clearly someone removed his charm skill while he was talking to Female Avatar, but here we actually see it in use. Kind of.

The joke doesn't work in Japanese. It's "Charisma".

That's the last thing that would get Olivia to talk to you if you read the actual S Support.

Edited by shadowofchaos