I love how this game supports ChromxSumia

The opening movie with Chrom and Sumia is suppose to encourage the fact that characters can get married. Granted, they could've have cut out the mother's face, leaving it ambiguous, but an actual character makes a better impact in practice.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, Lucy does resemble Sumia the most I guess.

Personally I think she looks equally unlike any of them.

And The Avatar is canonically a guy, so...

Uh, no. How? Any official art makes it ambiguous and it is otherwise always "you." If it is ever referred to as "he" it is in a generic sense or someone talking about their own specific avatar.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Thus far I see 3 good arguments for Chrom x Sumia being canon (opening movie, Lovebirds cinematic, Sumia's supporting) and only people saying "no it's not" for Chrom x Sumia not being canon.

Just saying '3'

"'3'", as in, the number?

The opening movie with Chrom and Sumia is suppose to encourage the fact that characters can get married. Granted, they could've have cut out the mother's face, leaving it ambiguous, but an actual character makes a better impact in practice.

That's...a nice way to see, actually. But that notion seems so obscure- But I can see it alright. It'd be so horrible if the wife were faceless. :x

Personally I think she looks equally unlike any of them.

Uh, no. How? Any official art makes it ambiguous and it is otherwise always "you." If it is ever referred to as "he" it is in a generic sense or someone talking about their own specific avatar.

It's about the bromance, man. The bromance is completely transcendent.

Okay, so let's say Sumia in the opening is a placeholder example. What do you make of "Lovebirds"?

Well, if Sumia hadn't swooped in and saved him, our main protagonist would have been a pincushion. Not great for the rest of the plot. Although why it's named Lovebirds is up to anyone - since the chapter beforehand you unlock supports and learn about the way supports work, it could be implying that Sumia is an option for Chrom if you decide to pursue it.

Well, if Sumia hadn't swooped in and saved him, our main protagonist would have been a pincushion. Not great for the rest of the plot. Although why it's named Lovebirds is up to anyone - since the chapter beforehand you unlock supports and learn about the way supports work, it could be implying that Sumia is an option for Chrom if you decide to pursue it.

That's my way of looking at it.

Well, what's the original name of the video?

ACTIVATE WEABOO SIGNALLLL

And it's not like they tell you the title of the cinematic during the campaign, so you'd need to stop after the chapter and go to the menu to watch the movie you just watched--that couldn't have been their intention. It would've been far easier just to state in-game (like with the bottom-screen tutorials) "you can only S support with one character: this is marriage" (which I think they might've).

"Lovebirds" is a really weird name to put for the movie, to be honest. I suppose that it shows that Chrom might display some interest in Sumia. But, they can move on from previous affections quite nicely.

Chrom x Sumia is just a big way of telling new players that "Hey, they can get married to each other!" as a beginning marriage. And new players really do need things spelled out for them, especially if this is the first time into the series with new mechanics implemented.

I'm saying I hate seeing it in the opening video lol, not the pairing. And you could read the entire post? Yes, I repeated that I hated the trailer, but I later added that I avoid the trailer video at all costs. I also don't feel like watching the trailer every time I reset. So bothersome. So you can see my 'hate' as childish or whatever, doesn't really matter.

I suppose my response was more about the overall hatred of the pairing than that specific example.

Many of the, again for lack of a better word, 'reactions' I've seen from people regarding the pairing are just ridiculous.

In fact, a lot of the 'reactions' to FE13 I've seen are ridiculous.

Like the other Pegasus Knight who moves on so easily?

I do agree that forcing Chrom into marriage by a certain point is good for showing new players that such a mechanic exists, but they could have easily made it so that unless Chrom is married by that point, he goes with Maiden (with existent modifiers please) so as not to eat into other pairings--once players get the hang of supporting they can choose a wife for him.

Like the other Pegasus Knight who moves on so easily?

I do agree that forcing Chrom into marriage by a certain point is good for showing new players that such a mechanic exists, but they could have easily made it so that unless Chrom is married by that point, he goes with Maiden (with existent modifiers please) so as not to eat into other pairings--once players get the hang of supporting they can choose a wife for him.

Yeah, that seriously caught me off guard the first time. My Avatar had an A support with him at the time Chapter 11 rolled around, and I thought I had enough time to get him married to Maribelle. Tch. Wrong.

"Lovebirds" is a really weird name to put for the movie, to be honest. I suppose that it shows that Chrom might display some interest in Sumia. But, they can move on from previous affections quite nicely.

Chrom x Sumia is just a big way of telling new players that "Hey, they can get married to each other!" as a beginning marriage. And new players really do need things spelled out for them, especially if this is the first time into the series with new mechanics implemented.

Well, you usually use the phrase "Lovebirds" when two people are in love... though I can't say Chrom's ever shown any interest in anyone. Then again, that's kinda obvious due to what's happening.

The second part... that could be an explanation. But I honestly don't even remember what the tutorial says about supports...

Though the fact that Sumia has the highest support growth rate with Chrom...

I suppose my response was more about the overall hatred of the pairing than that specific example.

Many of the, again for lack of a better word, 'reactions' I've seen from people regarding the pairing are just ridiculous.

In fact, a lot of the 'reactions' to FE13 I've seen are ridiculous.

For the pairing, I do dislike it but not as much as.... other candidates for Chrom, lol. I personally married Chrom to Sumia on my male Avatar run just because I don't want to screw over Lucina.

And to the question of 'original' name for the 'Lovebirds' video... referring to the Japanese title?

Edit: Except it's not pies in Japanese! And if pies = love, then GaiusxOlivia is canon too?

Edited by Cordelia

Remember kids, Pies=Love.

^ Apparently, it wasn't as pie-filled in the Japanese version... which makes me wonder why the localization strayed that far if so. I have no idea what the original said, I can't read a syllable of Japanese.

And to the question of 'original' name for the 'Lovebirds' video... referring to the Japanese title?

That's what I'd assume.

^ Apparently, it wasn't as pie-filled in the Japanese version... which makes me wonder why the localization strayed that far if so. I have no idea what the original said, I can't read a syllable of Japanese.

SoC said Sumia makes bento boxes.

The localization probably used pies because ... pies are more common in NA than like, bento boxes? I mean, not common but like... more western? You don't exactly see schools in the US giving free bento boxes. Or other restaurants offering those.

Edited by Cordelia

The localization probably used pies because ... pies are more common in NA than like, bento boxes? I mean, not common but like... more western? You don't exactly see schools in the US giving free bento boxes. Or other restaurants offering those.

Yeah, I haven't even herd of bento boxes at all, so I'd assume that might be why the localization went there.

SoC said Sumia makes bento boxes.

This reminds me too much of one of the proposals you can make to the girl you like in Animal Parade.

"I want to eat your lunches!" And here, let me prove my love with a feather! [/insert "ring" in place of feather]

Hey. Rey. Pies are freaking awesome. And she can bake other things, her Gaius support proves it! It just took her... how many tries?

Edited by Vashiane