Lamest Skills Ever!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defender is the most forgettable skill in the game. It is the Kellam of skills.

What this person said.

It doesn't even work in the back of a doubling pair, does it?

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

galeforce

Also getting on the bandwagon.

疾風迅雷。

SHIPPUJINRAI.

Lightning Speed.

Galeforce.

Edited by Tangerine
removing spam, lol

Just because there seems to be a lot of pointless skills, I'd like to make a list:

Bad Skills;;

Ralliy (luck, speed, skill)

Slow Burn

Quick Burn

Bow Breaker

(insert skill) +2

Defender

Outdoor/Indoor Fighter

HP +5

Worst skills;;

Galeforce

Edited by Raine

Sure Strike. A skill so horrible it transcends me knowing that this is a Awakening thread.

For those badmouthing Vengeance, it works wonders with Dark Tomes that steals life and its activation is crazy. If you're not using it the "right way", it gets kind of annoying.

Consider it a product of paranoia - at least Sol, Luna, and Ignis' effects have no strings attached.

Bond-each unit should have there own recovery

All the Faires arnt worth the space over Luna or All stas +2

sword,axe,lancebreakers are to specific to be of use, we dont have Iote Shield here so Bow could be of use and Tomebreaker could clean up poor resistance but i never use them with hawkeye around.

The +2 skills

Charm

Solidarity

Indoor

Outdoor

Patience

Despoil

Gamble

Zeal

Lethality

Astra

Relief(except on oliva)

Tantivy

Focus

Vengeance- seriously just use Luna

Healtouch-maybe on early Lissa

Demoiselle

Even and Odd Rhythm

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

galeforce

Galeforce did not work when my Hector killed himself with a Deviil Axe

0/10 worst skill

Any skill that isn't HP +5.

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

why would you do this

Then again Tangerine started it so it's just fine....

lame could be considered bad but bad isn't just lame. +2s, Slow Burn, and Zeal takes my cake.

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

galeforce

Galeforce did not work when my Hector killed himself with a Deviil Axe

0/10 worst skill

疾風迅雷。

SHIPPUJINRAI.
Lightning Speed.
Galeforce.

Galeforce.

Galeforce.

Galeforce is lame because lolGaleforce

Edited by Noire

I don't think Vengeance/Vantage is a bad combo, but I do question the wisdom of using Sol/Nosferatu/Aversa's Knight with it. oAo If the whole point of Vengeance/Vantage/Wrath is to be at low health, healing all that damage back seems very counter-intuitive. I was told that healing the damage is a failsafe in case of the worst, but it still seems silly to me. Then again, I'm only halfway through my Lunatic file, so maybe I might see the light soon. 8U

The point of Vengeance is burst damage, not constant damage. I used Vengeance on a decent number of my endgame units to great effect, and almost all of them either has Sol or Lifetaker. Vengeance is used best on Dark Sages thanks due to Nosferatu, as more damage = more HP restored.

The point of the Vengeance/Vantage combo is to be able to destroy the Enemies during Enemy phase. In this case, Sol is silly, because as long as you're ORKOing units you're completely safe.

Overall Vengeance by itself looks silly, but it has a lot of strategic application.

I tried using Counter strategically, but honestly you can't. It's useless on high-defense characters and rather wonky on Avoid tanks.

Deliverer is pretty good at overall boosting move scores all around, makes my 6 mov units not terrible anymore. like damn manaketes

+40 damage is pretty great man.

OHKOs a lot of things.

starts to get not that reliable once breakers are in, but before that it's fine.

Also the Skill*2 activation rate is pretty awesome.

I forgot to mention this ealier, but a minor nitpick: Skill effects are rounded down in this game (ergo, if you deal 13 damage with Sol, you only get 6 health back. Ditto for Nosferatu, even if it isn't a skill.). Which means the max you could expect from Vengeance is 39 extra damage.

Indoor and Outdoor Fighter are shit in the context of the main game since guys like Frederick aren't going to be dodging much anyway (besides Fighters when a sword is equipped).

Slow Burn is shit if you're not turtling, which is something that is only necessary in some parts of Lunatic+.

Aether is one of the most overrated abilities in the context of the maingame. Big payoff, but it costs a skill slot. I could see it being really good with Aether and Rightful King, though.

As for some of the abilities others are mentioning: Charm and Tantivy are super-good since they're always active assuming the criteria are met, which they will be if you're playing optimally. Vengeance is a good defensive skill (sometimes it's a good offensive skill); that its utility is counterintuitive means nothing.

I mentioned Tantivy and Focus because a minor boost doesn't sound good enough for me to consider taking advantage of an effect that only kicks in by not having any allies nearby.

Forcing an enemy to go from 35% displayed hit (24.85% true hit) to 25% displayed hit (12.75% true hit) with Tantivy, something that occurs rather frequently given how inaccurate enemies are in the main game, quite literally halves the damage you can be expected to take. That does not a bad ability make.

True, but using life gain while vengeance is in your skill slot is counter-intuitive. It makes sense if you're up against hard hitting opponents-- but otherwise it's pointless as you'll only be getting five or six extra damage a strike.

Counter-intuitive, yes, which is what makes it surprisingly effective. The point with the vantage/vengeance builds isn't that you deal massive damage to everything, it's that you become nigh on unkillable. When you drop below 50% HP, any enemy that attacks you takes 20+ extra damage, which instantly translates to 10 extra healing.

Also people naming Demoiselle: What? Any +10 avoid skill is generally good, and that provides +10 avoid to literally half your team. I'd say it's probably a top 15 skill.

Forcing an enemy to go from 35% displayed hit (24.85% true hit) to 25% displayed hit (12.75% true hit) with Tantivy, something that occurs rather frequently given how inaccurate enemies are in the main game, quite literally halves the damage you can be expected to take. That does not a bad ability make.

I understand what you're saying, however, Tantivy's case isn't really helped when there are other avoid boosting skills with more tame requirements.

That said, I'd also mention Zeal and Charm as skills that I could easily do without. 5 extra crit isn't enough to make any real difference, and Charm has an effect that's barely even noticeable.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I understand what you're saying, however, Tantivy's case isn't really helped when there are other avoid boosting skills with more tame requirements.

That said, I'd also mention Zeal and Charm as skills that I could easily do without. 5 extra crit isn't enough to make any real difference, and Charm has an effect that's barely even noticeable.

I know... it's disappointing that one of the lord-only skills is utterly worthless.

That said, I actually LIKE using archers... yet the skillset is so bad I almost hate using them. It's crushingly disappointing.