Who to raise

Well I'm going to start a playthrough on hard mode (I usually always play hard mode, its fun =D) that will later transfer onto a radiant dawn file.

My question is what 7-8 people should i raise besides Ike. Your help is much appreciated =D

Use Jill. Feed her boosters so she can cap a bunch of stats and make sure she hits level 20. She's probably the best investment for transfers to RD because the best Dawn Brigade unit deserves to be even better on arrival.

Mia's pretty fun. I honestly have always had better results with her over Zihark, despite Zihark's better affinity. Same with Nephenee, if only because I really like Vantage+Wrath.

Marcia, because she's cool and doing so means you don't have to use that loser Geoffrey in 3-9 (inb4anacybelecomment)

also, Nephenee essentially gets +4 speed boost in her starting RD chapter with a str/spd transfer because of that stupid Steel Greatlance

and of course Jill gets the most out of pretty much anyone

Edited by shadykid

If you're doing this run for the purpose of transfers, Jill would be a really good person to train in FE9. Marcia is also a good person to use so she becomes more usable in FE10.

Jill (hp str skl spd def)

Marcia (str skl spd def)

Oscar (str skl spd)

Titania (str spd)

Ike (hp str skl spd def res)

Sothe (just BEXP him, 20 def Jeigan in RD, who doesnt like that?)

Nephenee (makes 2-1 easier, by a lot) (str skl spd def)

Edited by Peekayell

Okay thanks guys, Here is who i will probably use:

1. Ike

2. Oscar

3. Soren (Just because I like having 1 mage)

4. Nephenee

5. Marcia

6. Jill

7. Mist (For a S rank Healer & BK battle)

8. Shinion

9. Sothe

Jill (hp str skl spd def)

Marcia (str skl spd def)

Oscar (str skl spd)

Titania (str spd)

Ike (hp str skl spd def res)

Sothe (just BEXP him, 20 def Jeigan in RD, who doesnt like that?)

Nephenee (makes 2-1 easier, by a lot) (str skl spd def)

I'd add Boyd to this list if we're talking random mode.

that speed transfer helps!

Mia and Jill are probably the two best choices for a transfer as both are great units in RD and both get a lot out of a transfer in PoR. I understand Marcia is also good though I'm not quite sure how much she improves by. I, personally, would highly recommend Elincia (At least if you're willing to RNG abuse her strength), Ilyana (if you RNG abuse her SPD), and maybe Neph.

Avoid the calvary units (most of them have availability issues) and Laguz (poor stats outside of the kings). In general you want to try and make it so that the units you transfer you will use frequently and will cap out on a stat very fast so you can BEXP them.

Okay i will raise elincia as well she is pretty easy to get to level 20 with boss abusing. I will use Mia instead of oscar since i forgot paladins really are sorta of bad in RD. Should i substitute ilyana for soren? Or is soren really good in RD?

Edited by Agility

Okay i will raise elincia as well she is pretty easy to get to level 20 with boss abusing. I will use Mia instead of oscar since i forgot paladins really are sorta of bad in RD. Should i substitute ilyana for soren? Or is soren really good in RD?

Best endgame mage for RD is Calill but Soren's availability makes him better (mind he still sucks...) Also your team still needs Mordecai!

Soren with an POR transferred A rank support with Ike can alter the epilogue in RD if you meet some excessively bizarre and obscure criteria on a 2nd playthrough.

Ilyana blows so hard in RD, bad bases, thunder is nerfed into the ground, and horrible speed growth that even with transfers she is easily the worst mage. She has the best availability of the mages but she'll end up in the GMs seriously underleveled, good for nothing except carting the Dawn Brigade's gems to Ike and co. You might as well stick with Soren and do a mag-skill-speed-res transfer, since he's the easiest mage to train in RD and has the 2nd best availability.

If you save up your spirit dusts you might might be able to train Calill to transfer magic. However those speedwings are so contested you probably won't be able to do a speed transfer for her as well. Calill is my favourite mage to bring into endgame as Rexflame is the best SS tome and Calill is both easier to train than Tormod and has better magic.

As far as transfers go, I don't want to say much on who to raise, but I'd avoid laguz because their caps are just too damn high.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Here is the thing with mages in RD. They suck. They have a lot of problems and get stuck fighting high-RES enemies later on. However, Ilyana offers the best potential returns out of the mages. Tormod isn't around a lot and really blows when he rejoins. Soren is good, but he's with the GM's who kinda don't need him. Calill is the 'best', but the question of how much good she can do is questionable. Ilyana is stuck with the team that needs good units the most and with the most availability. A blessed Ilyana can be a real boon to a Dawn Brigade. I'm not going to claim Ilyana is good, but... IF Ilyana is used for the DB... IF she gets blessed... She will have the most chapters and can help out the worst team in a very good way.

Zihark is also a possibility, but he doesn't improve too much and, unlike Mia, has kind of a weak endgame unless a lot of effort is put into raising his level up.

Oscar is good though.

Edited by bottlegnomes