What do you think are the most epic localization name changes in Fire Emblem?

For me...

Tharja>>>>>>Saria

Tharja is alot more epic than Saria. As she does have a Thor-like personality. Emperor.

Arvis>>>>>>>Alvis

Arvis sounds alot more avatorish...

wireydragon.png

like a winged Pterdon.

Shanna>>>>>Thany

Shani is what it should have been in the fan translation as I have never called her Thany. As her writings says Sha as in Sha and ni as in ni.

Legion>>>>>>Roro

The best localized name change ever!!!!!

Edited by ポーラ

My Shakespeare-reference fetish makes me unreasonably fond of Tiamo -> Cordelia and Tiamat -> Titania.

Economically, Thorhammer to Mjolnir was very good, and I can't mention that without the badassery that was Swanchika (...birds of the Reich?) to HELSWATH.

Leif also runs circles around Leaf, and Seliph at least sounds like a boy's name. Oh, and I don't even care about their eventual English names (Artur and Innes), but it's a pretty damn good thing they didn't end up being Assray and Heinous (well, Asseray and Heanius, but close enough.)

My Shakespeare-reference fetish makes me unreasonably fond of Tiamo -> Cordelia and Tiamat -> Titania.

Economically, Thorhammer to Mjolnir was very good, and I can't mention that without the badassery that was Swanchika (...birds of the Reich?) to HELSWATH.

Leif also runs circles around Leaf, and Seliph at least sounds like a boy's name. Oh, and I don't even care about their eventual English names (Artur and Innes), but it's a pretty damn good thing they didn't end up being Assray and Heinous (well, Asseray and Heanius, but close enough.)

I shall agree with the whole of this post.

you should localise your username

heh

Azure >>>INIGO montoya

i think you got that backwards mate

anyway topic: i prefer all of them but i have never met a localization change in any media that i'd call "epic"

the best was certainly mark to morgan though

Edited by Integrity

Tharja is alot more epic than Saria. As she does have a Thor-like personality.

Thor is definitely not an obsessive stalker. :Hugh:

Epic is a terrible word

localize it

Epicurean

The least epic name change was Soanvalke (sp?) to Stefan.

Epic is a terrible word

localize it

Localized it in our space-time continuom (sp?) to Epoch.

Oh you say it doesn't make any sense? Well fuck that! Welcome to Fire Emblem X Chrono Trigger!

856304fd71a09724290692a8d746440b.png

It's gotta be Walhart. Especially when it's pronounced "WALL-hart." I thought the pronunciation would have a German V sound at first, but nope. "I am the conqueror, Walmart!"

Srsly tho, I liked Eudes >>> Owain a lot. Owain sounds great; medieval, fitting with the times. That was a classy choice. In the same vein, Viole >>> Virion was another prudent localization.

Serena >>> Severa was also well done, considering her personality. Worst localization was Noir >>> Noire, imo. It sounds fine in Japanese, but not like a person's name in English. I'm not too fond of Riviera >>> Libra for the same reason. My fan translations were Noir >>> Naomi (or Nora, Noelle, etc) and Riviera >>> Lionel.

Viole >>> Virion was another prudent localization.

I'd have to disagree with that one. A virion is a virus in its infective form. Viole on the other hand was probably intended as a somewhat more masculine form of viola. Naming someone after an instrument is a whole lot classier than insinuating they spread viruses.

I'd have to disagree with that one. A virion is a virus in its infective form. Viole on the other hand was probably intended as a somewhat more masculine form of viola. Naming someone after an instrument is a whole lot classier than insinuating they spread viruses.

Interesting, but...that kind of insinuation seems like exactly like something that'd be aimed at Virion to me.

It's actually a form of 'to violate' in French (e.g. 'to rape'), so, you know, I'd rather the implication be that he's got a bunch of STDs than that he just rapes people all day.

Edited by Iridium

1. Making Toms and Tomas distinct in the Archanea games.

2. Xyst (or whatever weird name it was originally) to Gerik. SS had a lot of outlandish names!

3. Wayu to Mia. The former sounds moe, the latter is a proper girl's name.

4. Lucia (spelled Ruthea) to Lucius. Thanks for the warning IS~!

5. Doga to Draug, just to keep the joke alive.

Tharja is alot more epic than Saria. As she does have a Thor-like personality. Emperor.

Are you kidding me what version of Thor is this because neither Myth!Thor nor Marvel!Thor is anything close to Tharja in personality

Agreed with Helswath, but I do like Forseti returning to its mythological roots rather than being ????lolengrish?. Mjolnir is spot on, though I do enjoy calling it THORHAMMER with all caps included.

Then again I refer to the actual Mjolnir as such too so :B

Kjelle from Degel is pretty damn good, too, IMO.

Thor is definitely not an obsessive stalker. :Hugh:

Maybe she's of the Devil arcana.
She never tells you as to why that she stalks, you; MU.

Srsly tho, I liked Eudes >>> Owain a lot. Owain sounds great; medieval, fitting with the times. That was a classy choice. In the same vein, Viole >>> Virion was another prudent localization.

Owain is so-so.
Wood was epic. I always call him that. Gotta go Dragonball.
Edited by ポーラ