Why is LTC hated?

Chiki

Hi Boron. :):

It was a call to empathy. You don't like being called such things, and I am fully aware of this. Now, take that feeling to heart. Remember how much it hurts. This is what you're doing to others, whether you intended to or not. Do you like it when other people do that to you? Do you think the other person should apologize to you? Reverse the positions, and that's what you do when you ignore other people's preferences and throw names around. I don't know if you're doing it on purpose, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, and attempting to explain it to you. I couldn't reach you with words the last time, so I used emotion this time.

With that being said, I apologize if you were hurt by it. Can you do the same?

I don't mind apologizing as long as I received the same treatment in return, but I've not.

I don't mind what others say or think about me, but I'm simply pointing out that you are in no position to look for an apology when you routinely ignore all the far worse treatment that occurs right under your nose, some of which you are responsible for. No wonder people think this place is run like a circus.

Edited by Chiki

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind what others say or think about me, but I'm simply pointing out that you are in no position to look for an apology when you routinely ignore all the far worse treatment that occurs right under your nose, some of which you are responsible for. No wonder people think this place is run like a circus.

If you don't like it here then leave. No one is forcing you to stay.

Also, you need to stop with this victim mentality you have. I will be the first person to say that sometimes, people DO start things about you that are unprovoked. However, you are seriously naive if you believe that you are a blameless victim in this, that you did absolutely nothing to deserve all the hostility directed towards you. You need to look at your own actions before you start pointing the fingers at everyone else.

Uh, Chiki, did you read the last sentence of the post you quoted?

That also includes doing something about the troll who called me a retard and who keeps incessantly harassing me (a mod has PMed him on two occasions and nothing changed). He can get away with that, but I can't get away with guessing what you think because it's rude and I have to apologize? Ridiculous.

That also includes doing something about the troll who called me a retard and who keeps incessantly harassing me (a mod has PMed him on two occasions and nothing changed). He can get away with that, but I can't get away with guessing what you think because it's rude and I have to apologize? Ridiculous.

Oh, do I have a story to tell about THIS one! However, personal affairs should NOT be aired in public (and I'm saying this for your own protection, because the last thing I want is to deal with even MORE people getting on your nerves). Have you tried sending him a PM?

I don't think the moderators did enough to quell the grudgewanking threads in FFtF; nonetheless, that doesn't preclude forgiving eclipse for her post, which doesn't have anything to do with those threads to begin with.

I don't think the moderators did enough to quell the grudgewanking threads in FFtF; nonetheless, that doesn't preclude forgiving eclipse for her post, which doesn't have anything to do with those threads to begin with.

I'm pointing out that she should treat others the same way she treats me (by trying to get them to apologize). Someone called me a retard 3 posts above hers but that's perfectly okay, and it's also perfectly okay for others to make threads in FFTF for no reason other than to mock me, and it's also perfectly okay for people to follow me around in threads for no reason other than to be snarky. But it's not okay for me to guess what she thinks. I think you'd agree with me that she has to treat others the same way.

It's also hilarious that he's still trolling and being snarky right under her nose.

Edited by Chiki

I'm pointing out that she should treat others the same way she treats me (by trying to get them to apologize). Someone called me a retard 3 posts above hers but that's perfectly okay, and it's also perfectly okay for others to make threads in FFTF for no reason other than to mock me, and it's also perfectly okay for people to follow me around in threads for no reason other than to be snarky. But it's not okay for me to guess what she thinks. I think you'd agree with me that she has to treat others the same way.

It's also hilarious that he's still trolling and being snarky right under her nose.

Did you read the full post? I'm not about to start an argument on what Reggie really meant, because, well, that would be me assuming what he intended, and that'll go nowhere. I don't know what you think a moderator is capable of, and you're talking about the lowest mod on the totem pole. For a problem to be resolved, both sides must work towards it. So far, I haven't really seen your end.

Next, point out any OTHER thread (besides the one I locked) that's made to "mock" you, complete with links. If there was one, I haven't read it yet.

Asking someone to apologize requires no mod powers.

Also, all you have to do to tell someone to stop harassing another person is to.. tell them. No mod powers required.

I only apologize to people who aren't biased against me.

Are you sure about that? Could have sworn that you need at least a Class-B Adjudicator status to tell people to have some common courtesy.

Judging from this entire thread, looks like Eclipse hasn't reached it yet.

Eclipse try harder, damnit.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I only apologize to people who aren't biased against me.

This is not how the world works. Have you considered that if you ever took the initiative to be the "bigger man" and apologized to people you have offended, then they wouldn't be biased against you? You're still playing the victim here, and saying that you had absolutely no part in making people biased against you in the first place. Hell, eclipse apologized to you. She was the bigger person. And you're just completely ignoring your part in provoking that comment from her in the first place?

This is not how the world works. Have you considered that if you ever took the initiative to be the "bigger man" and apologized to people you have offended, then they wouldn't be biased against you? You're still playing the victim here, and saying that you had absolutely no part in making people biased against you in the first place. Hell, eclipse apologized to you. She was the bigger person. And you're just completely ignoring your part in provoking that comment from her in the first place?

You're trying to justify people harassing me, and that itself is just silly. It doesn't matter if I was an elitist. Harassment is wrong, and stop trying to justify it.

It takes a good person to tell others to stop harassing someone, especially when it happens right under your nose, and especially when you're in charge of others' behavior. Period. If you can't do that, then you don't deserve an apology.

Edited by Chiki

What Boron's saying is that if you apologize to others, they're more likely to apologize to you. If it doesn't work, at least you can walk out of it feeling like you're the bigger man.

What Boron's saying is that if you apologize to others, they're more likely to apologize to you. If it doesn't work, at least you can walk out of it feeling like you're the bigger man.

I agree with that bit.

You're trying to justify people harassing me, and that itself is just silly. It doesn't matter if I was an elitist. Harassment is wrong, and stop trying to justify it.

It takes a good person to tell others to stop harassing someone, especially when it happens right under your nose. Period. If you can't do that, then you don't deserve an apology.

I am not trying to justify people harassing me. Don't put words in my mouth. And yes, I'm going to be upset about that because you are outright saying that I said something I did not say. Harassment is wrong, yes, but you're not innocent either. It's not like people one day came up to you and began harassing you out of thin air. Your remarks and comments, that people perceived as elitist, provoked that. Every action has a reaction. It's not right for people to harass you. But it's not right for you to say things that they consider insulting then refuse to own up to that and justify yourself by calling them thin-skinned and "too serious about video games".

It also takes a good person to realize that he's not the innocent blameless victim and that he himself plays some part in the way people treat or see him. Period. If you can't see that, then you don't deserve an apology either.

It takes a good person to tell others to stop harassing someone, especially when it happens right under your nose. Period. If you can't do that, then you don't deserve an apology.

In this case, I won't apologize until you pm every other person in this forum to stop being a meanie head to me. Because if you can't do that, then you don't deserve an apology.

I am not trying to justify people harassing me. Don't put words in my mouth. And yes, I'm going to be upset about that because you are outright saying that I said something I did not say. Harassment is wrong, yes, but you're not innocent either. It's not like people one day came up to you and began harassing you out of thin air. Your remarks and comments, that people perceived as elitist, provoked that. Every action has a reaction. It's not right for people to harass you. But it's not right for you to say things that they consider insulting then refuse to own up to that and justify yourself by calling them thin-skinned and "too serious about video games".

It also takes a good person to realize that he's not the innocent blameless victim and that he himself plays some part in the way people treat or see him. Period. If you can't see that, then you don't deserve an apology either.

I agree with this post entirely. Aeine, there's a reason people argue with you, your attitude is generally condescending and you believe you're right regardless. Treating people like they're wrong because they disagree with you (as in quite a few serious discussion posts you've made) will not make you any friends. Either you're going to have to actually treat other people fairly, or people will continue to harass you. If it bothers you enough, the answer is pretty obvious, but I guess if you're not willing to do that you can't be "thin-skinned or sensitive".

The thread is essentially a covert way of settling out Olwen's social issues on the forum (and it was pretty much that from the very start).

I had a feeling it would become that quite a while ago :P.

[6/5/2013 9:31:13 PM] Shin: it's not about LTC, it's about Aeine

i actually found it hard to believe that the question in the topic title merited asking in the first place.

this was until i realized that jushiro doesn't know that other people think he's an asshole.

Edited by dondon151