I miss American pizza

Okay I'll give you that. If you're having pizza as a this-meal-and-the-next-one, thinner crusts are better. But if you want a meal, if you want to experience eating real, delicious, PIZZA, you have to stick with the deeper dough.

And naturally, thin crust is not of american origin, but those are the names you hear in the USA to distinguish between the two extremes. New York thin vs. Chicago deep.

There's a pizza shop down my street that makes the most amazing pizzas ever. 1/2 inch layer of meat, 1/4 inch layer of cheese, and a few millimetres of crust, that usually becomes soggy to the intense grease. A man's pizza, not recommended if you have high blood pressure.

We have like, 5 different pizza parlors in my tiny little island town (not counting the big names like Pizza Hut and Dominos) and it's freaking heaven.

And normally, I'm a thick-crust pizza person, but I went to a California Pizza Kitchen down in Jax and tried their Margarita pizza the other day... holy smokes, I think I'm in love.

^ dafuq?

We have like, 5 different pizza parlors in my tiny little island town (not counting the big names like Pizza Hut and Dominos) and it's freaking heaven.

And normally, I'm a thick-crust pizza person, but I went to a California Pizza Kitchen down in Jax and tried their Margarita pizza the other day... holy smokes, I think I'm in love.

Haha, the Margarita pizza at CPK is amazing. You ought to try the Five Cheese & Fresh Tomato next time you go.

chicago style is good, but gets soggy easily if you microwave it. :/

That's what makes it good, though. Otherwise, the crust is tough as shit and impossible to eat if you microwave it, unless you have teeth as tough as freaking steel.

Living in places like Chicago and New York is great, as you can get the best of everything, pizza wise. Thin crust, thick crust, deep dish, it's all out there in major cities. And it's all amazing.

Edited by Karaszure

A pizza topic. I like my pizzas packed with toppings. Hamburger, cheese, onions, mushrooms, cheese, spinach and cheese and more cheese.

Come back to me when you can finish off a large pizza and still have room for desert.

Edited by EmeraldFox

As far as "gourmet pizza" goes, I've only ever had Chicago, but I can at the least say it was among the only meals, much less pizzas I've ever had that was worth waiting some 40 minutes for

American pizza is amazing.

AMERICANS, PLEASE APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE.

I barely ever have pizza, often eating subs instead. Mwahahahaha.

Without paying much attention I typed four has together, which is just the right amount for evil laughter. Mwahahahahaha.

There's a pizza shop down my street that makes the most amazing pizzas ever. 1/2 inch layer of meat, 1/4 inch layer of cheese, and a few millimetres of crust, that usually becomes soggy to the intense grease. A man's pizza, not recommended if you have high blood pressure.

The local pizza place where I live is amazing and I really love it there, but I must say, I'm super jealous. When I move in X years I'm going to miss donair pizza. :(

Wouldn't it be more like you're allergic to the cheese, or the bread? Or any of the toppings?

Ah well, reminds me of that one time I decided to give the 3 meats pizza a try. Long story short, around midnight I woke up vomiting, got rushed to the hospital, and spend like 9 hours being injected with some sort of serum via a needle poking into a wrist.

And that's why I stick to simple pepperoni...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Pizza hails from Italy. Nothing beats a good, traditional Italian-made pizza.

Hopefully it's not TOO traditional, otherwise it'd be without tomato sauce. XD