Best critical/skill quote, Serenes Forest edition Tourney Final results and disscusion

>Implying Say'ri could defeat anyone in a crit battle

Sounds better than implying Donnel could defeat anyone in a crit battle, IMO..

Edited by Levant Fortner

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucina's "I challenge my fate," along with Chrom's "Anything can change" represent the game's theme better than any other quote in the entire game. On a meta-level, it's fitting that the two main characters cry out these out as IS challenge the FE series' fate and tried to change it. I can't hear either of these two quotes without taking that context into consideration.

Lucina's quote is just a good representation of her character. Unlike other characters, who say things to their opponent before they kill them, Lucina is talking to her entire state of existence. Her opponent isn't the brigand before her; it's the fate that compels the world to a certain path. That is who the quote is directed at.

who say things to their opponent before they kill them

That's the point of a critical quote. To shout something badass/awesome to your opponent to make killing them all the sweeter. None of Lucina's quotes do that for me, and none of Chrom's do either, imo, except for "Now I'm angry!" which I just find funny and cool. Lucina's quotes are one reason I find her boring. I've literally yawned during many of them.

But this is just my opinion and you don't have to pay it any mind.

They don't have to say things to their opponent. That's not the point of critical hit quote. The point of a critical hit quote is to signify that a critical hit is coming. Hence the cut-in as well.

I think critical hits can either be good quotes (either cool or threatening to the opponent), or can be good by reflecting an aspect of the character. Lucina's quote does this.

Sully's, by far. Lucina's quotes are all boring as hell, imo.

Saw title, clicked into thread expecting to see exactly this, was not disappointed.

That's the point of a critical quote.

Lulz, let's just make up random criteria to support our chosen result. I say that the point of the critical quote is to have as many syllables as possible, thus Lucina's wins.

reflecting an aspect of the character. Lucina's quote does this.

Well, this we can agree on. Because I think her quotes perfectly reflect her boring character.

We like different quotes for different reasons, it seems. That's all. xP

Saw title, clicked into thread expecting to see exactly this, was not disappointed.

Lulz, let's just make up random criteria to support our chosen result. I say that the point of the critical quote is to have as many syllables as possible, thus Lucina's wins.

Sully was so close. Only lower by one syllable.

eh, Lucina's set of quotes overall is pretty strong, so not much of a dropoff (unlike a certain someone's *cough* favorite Awakening character *cough*)

I'll give you that Frederick's "Now!" and "Farewell!" aren't anything special, but I love the way he says "Your last breath approaches!" and "Pick a god and pray!" is the greatest line in all of FE, imo. It's also one of the most popular lines in Awakening, it seems.

Sully's is great. Especially the way she says it.

Lucina has a boring quote. It's so unoriginal.

What else would she say? She came from a ruined future. She'll "challenge her fate" for sure.

Edited by Alvitazi

So many shots while character popularity bias steam-rolls the voting system

I laughed so hard at the number of anti-votes that Ana's posts are attracting

I don't know why my posts are attracting anything, to be honest. I gave my vote and said why and that's that. If people disagree with me, that's their problem. It doesn't mean they have the right to take out their butthurt-ness on me or other people.