Explain People's Class Sets

Djing

Lon'qu's classes are simple to explain. He has Thief because he grew up in the slums. He has Wyvern Rider because he was born in Chon'sin; Say'ri and Yen'fay both have access to the Wyvern Rider class as well, and share the same naming convention, so I think we can assume that all Chon'sin natives know how to ride wyverns.

As mentioned above, Say'ri has Wyvern Rider because she's a Chon'sin native. I think she has the Pegasus Knight option due to her status as the Princess of Chon'sin.

With Yen'fay, again, Chon'sin native, Wyvern Rider option. However, his Archer class might be difficult to explain. I think it has something to do with the fact that the Yen'fay we recruit is one that does not belong in the game's current timeline, having come from an alternate timeline. He probably is the type that would prefer to watch over things from a distance, just like a ghost would. If that includes fighting, so be it.

Inigo has Myrmidon not just because it was one of his mother's class options, but because it represents the fact that he tries to be graceful and lighthearted when it comes to women; he will do anything he can to please them. On the flipside, his Barbarian class represents his failed attempts at getting women to reciprocate his feelings.

Owain has Barbarian probably due to the fact that he comes up with so many "techniques" to the point of being wild and unruly when he fights. However, as far as Priest goes, some of his supports reveal that the way he acts can sometimes be a big inspiration to those fighting with him, and seeing as War Monks get the Rally Luck skill, it makes sense. On that note, Owain also has access to Rally Strength, so that might also play a part in the whole inspiration bit.

Noire's classes are pretty simple: Future Tharja's constant experiments on Noire make her try to copy everything her mother can do. As for why she starts as an Archer over a Dark Mage, well, her support with Tharja explains that she didn't initially have the aptitude for dark magic and curses at first. Therefore, Archer.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

._.

okay i'm going to pretend that luck is an invisible stat in your game

I dunno man, Cynthia is a guy in my game

I forget about luck

.....by pedoclaw13

Becase my Sumia dodges everything so Defense r uselezz anyway

inb4personalsumiadunmatter

Edited by JSND

Cordelia probably has dark mage because of her unrequited love and her resulting envy. Libra has dark mage because of abandonment issues. Miriel has dark mage because her empathy is overridden by a desire to learn.

Kellam has thief and priest because they represent two forgettable occupations. Thieves aren't meant to be seen and Kellam just does it naturally, while priests generally hang behind to attract as little dangerous attention as possible.

Gregor has been employed by some shifty people before, hence the barbarian option. On the other hand, he's a skilled swordsman and thus also has myrmidon.

Flavia and Basilio's sets mirror one another, except that Basilio uses axes and Flavia uses swords. Mercenary and Fighter, and Thief and Barbarian are paired classes with similar connotations. They share the knight class.

As a note for Basilio, Barbarian also make sense when you think about what classes it seemingly replaces (Pirate and Brigand). Regna Ferox used to be a land full of barbarians, and In a convo with Morgan, if Basilio is his father, he says he first started out as a pirate.

The kids getting the classes from their parents sometimes doesn't really make sense though(Priest Gerome, for example).

Cherche was obviously training him to fulfill her dream of becoming a nun before everything happened.

The kids getting the classes from their parents sometimes doesn't really make sense though(Priest Gerome, for example).

But Barbarian makes sense.He fights ruthlessly without caring about anyone else.

Gerome is the Priest the party deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Anyways, Miriel has Mage because she's all about magic and the exploration of that magic. She has DM because she might want to observe the powers of, well, dark magic, I guess. For Cleric, she might be testing some theory on healing staves, maybe? I don't know.

I don't have an explanation for the manaketes, but the reason Cordelia has Dark Mage is because it also her to wield EVERY weapon in the game. She did mention she's good at many things, didn't she?

Miriel's similar: she has classes that can teach her every type of magic: dark, healing and anima, because she's a knowledge seeker and wants to learn as much as she can about magic.

A thing I realized. Cordelia oesn't need Dark mage to be able to use every weapons. Pegasus Knight and Mercenary already allows her to useevery weapons...

What I mean is the mother's classes passed to their kids.

Well, technically she passes it too. Like Vaike passes Knight and Merc to his daughter

Edited by TendaSlime

A thing I realized. Cordelia oesn't need Dark mage to be able to use every weapons. Pegasus Knight and Mercenary already allows her to useevery weapons...

Well, technically she passes it too. Like Vaike passes Knight and Merc to his daughter

All weapons + all tomes. She can't use Dark Tomes as a Dark Flier.

More of a personal thing, but I'll preface by saying that Miriel/Lon'qu is probably my favourite pairing, so I'm working with that from the outset.

That being said, though, my personal theory on why Laurent has Barbarian (an otherwise weird option) might be because after his parents moved to Regna Ferox, someone like Basilio or Flavia would have wanted Laurent to return to his father's roots and use axes for a bit. Then his mother/father/both step in and say that he's probably better playing to his own strengths, so he becomes a scholar instead, all that jazz.

Or I guess maybe with other parents, he starts in a desert, Barbarians live in the desert, etc. I dunno. I don't care too much about plot or canon myself, but it's a fun little thing.

Edited by HeoandReo