SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Spike Spencer should totally reprise Marth but using his Excellus voice instead.

I wouldn't mind Marth getting an English voice, and it's fitting anyway since Marth now has a game that's not Japan-only, though I must admit I'm used to hearing him with Midorikawa's. Oh well, there goes the Gundam Wing and Masoukishin jokes...

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I would prefer that Marth stays with his Japanese voice. I mean, there would be nothing wrong with an English voice. But I played Melee and I played Brawl, so to me it's just kinda part of the series at this point. Like the Falcon Punch and stuff. A language select wouldn't quite do the trick, since I would still want the others to speak English.

But that reason is of course entirely sentimental and the voice probably should be changed.

Btw, Rosalina looks creepy at this distance.

I did imagine Steve Staley (as in Kadaj from FF7: AC) as Marth's speaking voice for a while. But even so, I'm not sure of who his VA should be if he does get an English VA.

Edited by Just call me Al

@BrightBow

You know, language selects don't have to be global. In SF4 I know that you can individually set each characters' voices.

Edited by shinpichu

Wouldn't mind it if Marth did get an english voice and its fitting now that he's not Japanese only anymore, though I would hope it would be good. I like his Japanese voice too, so either way it's win-win for me.

I guess I would prefer that Marth stays with his Japanese voice. I mean, there would be nothing wrong with an English voice. But I played Melee and I played Brawl, so to me it's just kinda part of the series at this point. Like the Falcon Punch and stuff. A language select wouldn't quite do the trick, since I would still want the others to speak English.

But that reason is of course entirely sentimental and the voice probably should be changed.

Btw, Rosalina looks creepy at this distance.

Tradition for the sake of tradition and nothing else is pointless. (I have a similar beef with Jigglypuff, but that's another story...)

The whole reason Marth had japanese vocals in the first place was because Fire Emblem was a JP-only franchise at the time; and the reason he was still japanese in Brawl (even though Ike and Lyn weren't) was because his game hadn't come to the west yet. Now that it HAS, there's no point for him to still speak Japanese-- it's alienating for western audiences.

I for one am with the people who'd actually want to know what he's saying. Besides, it's not as though the voice casting for Brawl was awful or anything. (I liked Samus' Brawl voice better than her Other M one, for one) I'm sure it'd be good if they decided to do it.

Edited by BANRYU

If I recall correctly, Ike was voiced by some guy called Jason Adkins right? He voiced Ike in all three games he's been.

Yep, this is true. He was one of the better actors used in the Tellius games, imo. He even made Ike sound a bit older in RD, as he naturally should. He's not the most amazing voice actor ever, but at least he's got experience. He's voice acted in games a bunch of times before.

Edited by Anacybele

I see. Still crossing fingers for Ike, but I suppose it's because I've been using Ike extensively lately. All of a sudden recently I've gotten really good with Ike. I've beaten my friend who loves using Meta Knight, though I suppose it's more because he's not used to me using a non-speed character.

Pit's gonna or should get his updated VA, Antonio Del Ray. From the Little Mac trailer, Little Mac had the same grunting noises during the trainning montage throughout all languages, but I hope he get's his VA, whoever it is. (Still laughing at Doc Louis' Japanese voice though)

Yeah, I still want Ike really badly myself. He's my favorite character ever next to Luigi, and I want to still be able to use both of them. I was never worried about Luigi because he was an obvious guarantee.

Please Sakurai, don't disappoint us Ike fans!

If we're keeping with the two characters a month trend that we've had since January, the last possible day for the first reveal is the 24th, as reveals have always been at least a week apart from each other.

Mario Party Island Tour came out in Japan today. I wonder if that means we'll get Wario or Yoshi.

If we're keeping with the two characters a month trend that we've had since January, the last possible day for the first reveal is the 24th, as reveals have always been at least a week apart from each other.

Mario Party Island Tour came out in Japan today. I wonder if that means we'll get Wario or Yoshi.

Welp, no character revealed today (perhaps tomorrow?).

Such an uneventful week

Also woooow Diddy got something to make a backfire into an attack. So lame, for all the improvements he is getting everyone else better be getting 10 more

The popgun thing doesn't really sound like that big a deal to me, assuming you'll be able to charge the thing anywhere near as long as you could in Brawl. It blowing up also left him totally vulnerable then for, what, 2+ seconds? I don't think it sounds like any bigger of a deal than Roy's fully-charged B: You'd have to either run into it to get hit by it (which would in one way be even dumber than if you ran into Roy's, as you'd be running in the path of a projectile that flies straighter and quicker the longer it gets charged), or totally freeze up while in his face.

And it also just makes a kind of sense for it to do some collateral damage to somebody other than Diddy, given it's a gun blowing up. :p

Yep, this is true. He was one of the better actors used in the Tellius games, imo. He even made Ike sound a bit older in RD, as he naturally should. He's not the most amazing voice actor ever, but at least he's got experience. He's voice acted in games a bunch of times before.

I thought I read somewhere that Jason had no other experience and was like an amateur/minor-league baseball player or something? But nope, looking it up, he does indeed look like an actor's actor. Huh

Edited by Rehab

How many more 3rd party characters do you guys think will be in the game?

Personally, I guessed 2 from the get-go, as it's probably pretty difficult to handle the issues of getting the rights and such for many more than that. I suppose I can see up to 4, possibly? TBH I'm not sure that Snake will return, seeing as he's being established pretty solidly as a Playstation license lately... TBH the 3rd party character that I'd most like to see (outside of Megaman of course) is Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Though, since Castlevania has also been pretty active on non-Nintendo consoles lately, I'm hardly expecting him. (Still, having the complete Captain N squad would be nice lol)

As an alternate convo topic, what sort of Assist Trophy / Pokeball characters do you guys want to see this time around?

As an alternate convo topic, what sort of Assist Trophy / Pokeball characters do you guys want to see this time around?

An actual good Advance/Battalion Wars assist trophy. The 2D sprite tanks and grunts did not do it justice.

I kinda wondered about that to Marth getting a new English voice actor for this game and plus, I did heard that Red is now voiced by Bryce Papenbrook (the same voice actor did Henry from Awakening and Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei 4) in Pokemon Origins and I kinda wondered if he might voice the Pokemon Trainer in this game.