SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

It's Facebook. WGAF. Lay off the salt and bitterness.

So? It's still the official Smash Bros. page. And they gave Ike so much attention for awhile after his reveal. And suddenly it's like he was never even confirmed. I just don't understand that.

EDIT: No, I WOULD care if it was Marth or someone else. Nobody should've been left out of that picture. Not even the Miis. I don't get why they aren't included either.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Link mainer in Melee and Project M I do wish to know how good he looked. But I fear the worst, maybe one of his boomerang alternates can make it like the old boomerang.. I hope at the very least.

I heard mixed things from players thus far about him

I saw Magnus as an Assist Trophy during the stream

The dream is dead

It'll still be cool to have him do things though, although I wish he wasn't so short. I get that he has to hunch over to swing his sword and all, but he's still tall even like that

Okay, I think the Smash page simply forgot to move Ike from their timeline photos to the character artwork photos. And the Miis' artwork wasn't even posted. I guess I overreacted a bit. :P

Anyway, I'm curious about how Link plays now too. I liked using him in Melee (though sorta because of OoT Adult Link bias lol), but I dumped him in Brawl as soon as I learned of Toon Link and the fact that he was way better. I did like that Link could charge up his spin attack this time though.

By default, Link's spin attack looked better but his boomerang was still the gale boomerang. It's hard to say if Link will be good or bad because I think customizations will make a big difference with him. If he can switch out his boomerangs and bow properties (I can definitely see fire and ice arrows as a customization) it might help him. He seemed a little more agile, but so is everyone else.

By default, Link's spin attack looked better but his boomerang was still the gale boomerang. It's hard to say if Link will be good or bad because I think customizations will make a big difference with him. If he can switch out his boomerangs and bow properties (I can definitely see fire and ice arrows as a customization) it might help him. He seemed a little more agile, but so is everyone else.

I wonder if his spin on the ground has its semi spike back.

Also bomb arrows could be a pretty cool possible custom

I hope that if Ike doesn't get blue flames anywhere by default, then it's a customization option for him. I want my TRUE Hero of Blue Flames, damn it. :P

And yeah, Fire and Ice Arrows would be awesome for Link! I wish he'd gotten that Skyward Strike too though, somewhere...

Probably didn't add the skyward strike because with Link's bombs and arrows, yet another ranged attack would seem kind of redundant, unless maybe they gave him a new final smash with some sort of uber skyward strike.

Edited by Dai

Ike getting blue eruption could be an alternate yes.

Also I hope beyond hope that one of the Boomerang customs is the older style one, half if not more of my Link game requires that boomerang to be.. NOT the gale

His Spin had a spike? Sounds kinda useless unless he's in the air.

Its one of his best edge guard tools in Melee and Project M. You hit them just as they try to get back BAM DOWN

Ike getting blue eruption could be an alternate yes.

If memory serves, they mentioned that the customizations wouldn't be cosmetic (Though some might seem like it I guess.) Maybe they could have the faster, more powerful, but slower eruption be blue. You know. Heat.

I'm quite concerned about Rosalina & Luma, she's tricky because you have to keep both Rosalina and Luma synchronized and play with her fighting style. Dunno if ppl haven't got used to her fighting style or her ability to KO is quite mínimum.

Guys, I keep daydreaming on SSB lol

Greninja hype

I'm playing it this weekend! And with my cousins, too

I'm not excited for Mii or Pac Man, but Palutena is pretty awesome

I think Mii was stupid and I'll never use it, but I guess if you like that sorta thing, go for it

I'm quite concerned about Rosalina & Luma, she's tricky because you have to keep both Rosalina and Luma synchronized and play with her fighting style. Dunno if ppl haven't got used to her fighting style or her ability to KO is quite mínimum.

Guys, I keep daydreaming on SSB lol

One of the many side effects on the hype train.

Chorus Men are amazing, what are you talking about. :o

Rhythm Heaven was fantastic, too.

I love Rhythm Heaven and a huge fan of it since the GBA game but the Chorus Men are the worst selection for playable character to represent the entire series in my opinion. Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl and the Samurai are much more predominant characters and have appeared in every single entry and have many multiple minigame iterations.

I will admit it's challenging to find a playable character since there are so many to choose from in the entire series but I am really not finding any feelings for the Glee Club/Chorus men especially considering that is not the first character I think of Rhythm Heaven.

Edited by kingddd

His Spin had a spike? Sounds kinda useless unless he's in the air.

In melee, if you used his spin attack BEFORE the opponent makes contact, you'd send them in a diagonally downward direction.

I love Rhythm Heaven and a huge fan of it since the GBA game but the Chorus Men are the worst selection for playable character to represent the entire series in my opinion. Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl and the Samurai are much more predominant characters and have appeared in every single entry and have many multiple minigame iterations.

I will admit it's challenging to find a playable character since there are so many to choose from in the entire series but I am really not finding any feelings for the Glee Club/Chorus men especially considering that is not the first character I think of Rhythm Heaven.

Maybe Sakurai chose them because he saw potential in their moveset.

In melee, if you used his spin attack BEFORE the opponent makes contact, you'd send them in a diagonally downward direction.

and its amazing. I've sent many a foe down with it in Melee and PM.

Honestly, I don't care who gets in. :P

I'd just be excited if Rhythm Heaven got any representation at all.

It's true that Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl, and Samurai are more common, though.