SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im already tired of people saying Ridley being playable is too big for smash, mainly because 99% of these people dont even know Ridley was already redesigned for Melee and wasnt included in Brawl (Stated by Sakurai himself) because he would have been too slow.

Not only that, but the redesigned in Smash has been done since the first game, Kirby/Pikachu/Olimar/Pikmins are bigger than they are supposed to be, others are smaller than they should be like Ganondorf or Bowser, people just need to hate something for no reasons in hope to be happy by laughing at others I guess.

Ridley is totally possible as a playable character, and if in 6 months developers are too incompetent to design a stage hazzard instead of a character = LOL. Imnot saying that Ridley is going to be playable (I wish/want him definetely to be) but there is absolutely no reason why he shouldnt be, Sakurai decision at 100%. Fun fact: People took Ridley´s shadow (Which was showed in the Nintendo Direct) and it has the same size as Bowser´s Shadow soooooooooooooooo...

Its funny as well, because he is the newcomer with the highest popularity ever in smash only second to Megaman, and he is one of Nintendo most iconic and classic villains. Not to mention Sakurai has given some dedicacion/preference to Metroid (Samus/ZSS) in this last smash, as well already stating that Ridley is in the (Then trolling us with the doubt of being hazzard or playable). Think as well there are already tons of Metroid items and assists (Mother Brain, Metroid, Dark Samus...) and Metroid is a classic game/franchise with more than 20 years only represented by one unique character when you have the awesome villain there?

I think he will be included, plus 2 new Metroid games are coming. Another "fun fact" is that Brawl was delayed because they had to put Sonic on it, now the game has also been delayed ;D (Nah xD they stated it was becasue balance issues and mechanics, but this also may imply adjusting and balancing Ridley so the point is still there).

Ridley is coming! Hyyyype traaaain!

Btw, I dont know if people here is much interested in competitive scene, but did any of you read the comments pro players posted about the game? About the techniques, characters and that stuff

Edited by Volug Vanguard

I believe that we are already done with the Ridley discussion. I never meant to cause a shit storm here, or hurt anyone's feelings; just speaking my mind and wasn't aware how sensitive it was. All the power to those who want him.

But out of mere curiosity, where was this stated?

Edited by The King

I believe that we are already done with the Ridley discussion. I never meant to cause a shit storm here, or hurt anyone's feelings; just speaking my mind and wasn't aware how sensitive it was. All the power to those who want him.

But out of mere curiosity, where was this stated?

If you mean the Ridley statement, Sakurai said something about it in the round table discussion.

If you mean the Ridley statement, Sakurai said something about it in the round table discussion.

Well then.... I must have missed this. Ridley, it is

Characters are too big huh?

SSBB_Palutena_Pit_Final_Smash.jpg

56bed50795.png

Ridley size arguments? Blegh.

The more I think about it, the more likely Ridley seems to me.

And if there's really any question as to why Ridley should or shouldn't be playable, this guy addresses both sides of the issue pretty well. I was stewing on the issue and then I found this, which basically summed up all the thoughts I was having.

Edited by BANRYU

OMG GUYS, Luigi's Final Smash has been put in action! :D (roughly 40 seconds into the video)

It looks SO good, though its range doesn't appear to be any better than that of Negative Zone. Still, I guess it's kind of expected, as a vacuum can only do its job from so far away. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I do hope you are joking. Considering no one in smash is on a consistent size basis. Ridley not being in smash has nothing to do with his size

(Did you know Olimar is two inches tall? He's obviously too small to be in smash)

It hasn't been completely confirmed yet that he won't be playable as Nintendo is working hard on his development to make him playable. As his chances are much stronger now than ever before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQtBm8rPng

Oh wait...

51rk.jpg

Before he confirmed that Ridley was too big, but still...he may make the cut as his chances are stronger than ever before. He'll be our second Metroid rep after all. Please, if Nintendo can, put him in. Even though that they are putting fourth effort to. His development will be hard, but I think that they can do it. It's similar to using the rocket pack from Pilotwings. Except he has to have an animation of him flapping his wings while attacking and that itself will be hard to develop.

idrs.jpg

Please let this be real. :3

^

I

I

See here...

My only question is, how would one scale Ridley without it looking to be unnatural for him? He's probably known for how large he is and is about the size of three Samuses (I use this comparison loosely.) and might have been made to be larger than life size

Course, I could be wrong about this, but that's what I honestly think about Ridley. Interpret that as you will. I don't judge

EDIT: another fun fact. Kirby is 8 inches tall. But the point that I'm trying to get across is that size is a matter of perspective. In my opinion, from the in game perspective, Ridley is larger than life

In Brawl, he was too big in the Subspace Emmissionary.

I'm kinda nervous to go to the Best Buy event. I heard from others that the line was long. Just imagine how long it will be on the weekends!!

Probably long enough to not have my chance again if I don't get there exactly at noon tommorrow.

Characters are too big huh?

SSBB_Palutena_Pit_Final_Smash.jpg

She was only Pit's Final Smash last time as well as Little Mac being an asset trophy now that he's finally playable. Which is well deserved!

OMG GUYS, Luigi's Final Smash has been put in action! :D (roughly 40 seconds into the video)

It looks SO good, though its range doesn't appear to be any better than that of Negative Zone. Still, I guess it's kind of expected, as a vacuum can only do its job from so far away. :P

Luigi was shy. So what? He should have got the girl. Aka: Princess Peach. ...And Keldeo is looking :3 than ever with his Sacred Sword attack.

-----

We don't get any aliens(Spawn/Fulgore/Starcraft: Protoss and Zerglings), or evildours(Deathborn)other than Ganon.
We need more aliens and sin.
Edited by Bimbo

This.. all of it. We've found the answers at last!! But then again she's a Goddess and can change her size at will.

Ridley is pretty much a god too, he's come back to life almost as many times as Ganon.

Relevant:

Edited by Knight

Ew, no way. Daisy or Rosalina for Luigi, plz. Peach is an annoying little shit that can just stick with Mario,imo.

Daisy's taunt in Mario Kart: Double Dash is far more annoying that anything Peach has done.

8r1y.png

(NES Metroid)

They can make Ridley's development 8-bit style if it's too difficult to have him in the 3-D environment. That way, he can kick their asses 8-bit style. :D

Edited by Bimbo

Ew, no way. Daisy or Rosalina for Luigi, plz. Peach is an annoying little shit that can just stick with Mario,imo.

Don't do this. Please.

You wouldn't like it if people did this with your favorite characters.

Daisy's taunt in Mario Kart: Double Dash is far more annoying that anything Peach has done.

I've never played that game, so I can't comment. xP

Some of my hate for Peach comes from Brawl though, due to her taunts. I HATE her taunts in that game, especially her "LALALALALALA." And I don't expect them to have changed much, if at all, in Smash Wii U/3DS, so I'll find her annoying yet again there.

I also never liked how she was always "MARIO SAVE ME" when she's shown that she can defend herself just fine. Daisy only needs to be rescued once and then she kicks ass after that. And I love her tomboyishness. I also think she's way cuter design-wise. I just wish she would appear in more main stream Mario titles...

Also, fun fact: she is actually hinted to be Luigi's love interest in Mario Kart Wii. Daisy Circuit has statues of them dancing as well as of their baby selves playing together.

EDIT: Actually, Jave, I wouldn't care. Because they're entitled to their opinion. xP

Edited by Anacybele