SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm guessing either Meta Knight, Falco, or one of the Earthbound/Mother duo. We just got three newcomers in E3, but no veterans since Ike's reveal, so it's about time we got more vets. Seriously. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridley is always confirmed

rynYJ4w.gif

Personally though even though I'm a big metroid fan I could not care about Ridley. If he does make it in..oh neat would be my reaction. Other than that, I will be pretty indifferent. I mean sure he had a certain character and personality in the original manga but nothing made me care about him in the game other than backstory lore of killing Samus's parents.

Ha ha...

That's very sweet with his clapping. *Saved*

I wish we would get Hyrule Warriors Zelda in Sm4sh instead of the inferior TP Zelda :(

ndjb.jpg
jkl6.jpg
1pd4.jpg
6w85.jpg
No shit.
She'd be hot of the press of the new game release. She should be in it for the upcoming new Hyrule Warriors game!

For those who are Metroid fans (I haven't had the opportunity to get into it quite yet), who would you have be a second Metroid rep besides Ridley?

0w5e.jpg
...Or her bf, Houston.
Definitely, Houston for me! ^-^

No, she needs Skyward Sword Zelda, to go with SS Link. Besides, I like SS Zelda better, personally. Hyrule Warriors Zelda is too sexualized for my tastes. She was NEVER that busty and barely has anything covering her chest. :/

Yuffie: Who said I was offended? I was only disagreeing with your opinion. Sorry if I was too blunt though, I talk like that sometimes. But I just don't like Hyrule Warriors Zelda. She's pretty, but I don't like her outfit. >_<

The King: Yeah, but ALBW Link is pretty much an updated classic Link and since regular Link got SS Link, it just makes the most sense to me for Zelda to get SS Zelda to go with it.

Eh, I guess. But I still prefer SS Zelda. HW Zelda just ruined her for me. The outfit is kinda nice and she's pretty, but they also turned her into ridiculous fanservice. Big breasts covered with nothing but a small breast plate and exposed thighs. She's near pants-less. She isn't as bad as say, Tharja in Awakening, but still. Zelda never dressed like this in the past and shouldn't be doing so now. It was like how DLC art turned Micaiah into a slut.

SS Zelda is adorable, imo. I'm not crazy about her bangs, but she's just so friggin cute in either outfit she wore!

Vanguard Ike is even more badass than Hero Ike, imo, and I want him SO bad. That armor is EPIC.

That would be the point of why most boys now are demanding this Zelda to be in the game now...

She only should be in for the upcoming release of the new game. It would knock everyone's socks off if she were in for one of her alternate costumes.

1. HW Zelda is as fanservice-ish as RD Ike. I mean, look at all that MUSCLE.

2. EDIT: Speaking of Pajamas... Ness with his Jammies as an alternate?

1. I would say the same for Marth with his slender body.

2. isfw.gif

Oh...

I would like that sooooo much.

Pfft, real pros play with Wiimote + Nunchuk.

I'll be getting a Wii U Pro Controller and the Gamecube Adapter Bundle. I'll definitely try out every controller before setting with one.

Although GC Controller really is the perfect way to play Smash.

^
What I'll use, too.

Brawl had a change controller button input options so hopefully they keep that feature.

Edit:

Also early update

zHrBmxF.png

>Finally
>Some niggas
>In Smash

I have no plans to give up the Gamecube controller until it is no longer an option.

^

So...tell me, am I the only person who wants Bandana Dee and Robin in? I feel like Chrom would just be more of the same, and that Smash needs a spear-user.

...Don't kill me.

...And, or plainly just something else besides swords. x.x

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I had a dream about Smash again last night. And of course, Ike was in it. lol But he wasn't the major thing. No, I dreamed that another demo for Smash was made available for download and I played it with some of you guys for hours and hours... Haha. And I was able to use Luigi. I think Randoman was one of the people I was playing with. Then near the end of the dream, I got a screen saying a challenger was approaching and Ike's silhouette appeared. I was like "OH. MY. GODS!!" and unlocked Ike right away. XD I found out that Sakurai was gradually releasing a few characters to be unlocked in the demo. But certain stages, game modes, and even characters still remained unavailable and that the characters unlockable in the demo wouldn't necessarily remain unlockable in the final game.

I doubt this will happen for real though, haha. Another demo could be possible, but I see no sense in gradually adding stuff to it when the final product is around the corner. lol

They should do that since everyone worldwide is waiting for this damn game.

SlqdMXG.jpg

新参戦キャラが大活躍の予感!?

Shin sansen kyara ga daikatsuyaku no yokan!?

"A premonition/hunch that a newcomer will join the battle?!"

"Sansen" (literally "join the battle") is the term Smash has used since Brawl in Japanese to refer to new characters, though back then they used the term "newcomer."

*New as not pictured. Could be either veteran or newcomer.

At first I thought that it might just be referring to being able to use some of the already-announced new characters, except that with the whole hunch/premonition thing, they're clearly teasing at a new character announcement.

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/232033-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-world-hobby-fair-2014-flyer-hinting-at-another-character-reveal

----------------------------------------------------

So this is basically an event/convention that its taking place right now in Japan, lasts until tomorrow. Here they are basically hinting us a new character, either be a newcomer or a veteran, so maybe tomorrow we get news of it and the page will be updated with new information. We will have to wait until tomorrow anyways, lets stay tuned xDD

7kub.jpg

Will do.

Shulk, Fire Emblem rep that isn't Chrom, or Ridley would be amazing, those are my last hopes for the roster.

I'm up for any FE rep at this point. It would be cool to see Chrom but hey if they ended up throwing in someone like the avatar, I'm not going to complain... >.> well...

Apparently the event is finished by now and they didnt announce anything... xDDD So unless the "Pic of the day" of tomorrow is a newcomer/veteran, this would have just proven to be a big trolling.

Edited by Volug Vanguard

Screw the fact that he's an assist trophy, I still want to see Saki. Sin and Punishment needs some love.

Yeah same here. I was bummed when I saw he was returning as an assist trophy.

As for another FE rep even though it will never happen I think Fin should be the third rep. Why? In FE4 he's in 9 of the 12 chapters. That's most of anyone in the game. He's also in FE5 but since I didn't finish it I don't know the exact number. Finally he uses a lance which would be new. I think you could have some sort of cool prayer ability when his damage gets higher like Lucario's aura. But alas just wishful thinking

Falco is still one of my guesses as well for the next reveal.

Also, today's pic of the day is a trophy of an enemy from Brawl. It'll appear in Smash Run and drop various items.

Ana's not a prophet, do you know how many FE anniversaries she brought up and nothing happened though it may have been planned

I finally remembered the term for that: Confirmation Bias. I couldn't think of what it was called for too damn long. xD

Actually, now that I think about it, Ike was probably planned to be revealed in April. Notice how despite that he wasn't, Sakurai still revealed him on an FE release date (Sacred Stones's NA date). But it was only a month later. I wager that Sakurai simply couldn't have Ike ready in April and settled for the next FE related date.

For some reason, the word "premonition" STRONGLY reminds me of Shulk. I really hope it is him. I'm really excited for Monday's update now.

It could also be Chrom or Avatar. One of FE13's "chapters" is Premonition!

It could also be Chrom or Avatar. One of FE13's "chapters" is Premonition!

*insert weeb comment here about how it isn't in the GRORIOUS NIPPON version*

And since that's a Japanese scan... well.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't know if there will be Hidden Characters or not. It may or may not happen considering the large amount of publicly revealed fighters. Probably some people who are already revealed might need to be unlocked like Sonic and Snake in Brawl. My guess is that it might be Rosalina and Palutena and some other people.

I seriously wish there's hidden characters. Without them, I can't heara new Challenger Approaching sound whenever you're just playing around with the game and then all of a sudden, the screen surprises you with a new challenger.

Do you guys think all the characters will be revealed before October or will some stay hidden?

They will, at least unofficially. I get the game the week of September 13.

I hope some will stay hidden, but all characters will be known, due to Japan getting the game a month earlier.

I'll try my best to stay away from the spoilers, but it's always so tempting to know who's in and who's not.

Yeah, since Japan gets it first (as usual, no surprise :P), we'll know the full roster by the time it arrives out west. The Smash site will probably update with hidden characters as well, only showing them as icons with question marks until you click them. This was how it was done for Brawl, if memory serves, so yeah.