SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Wow, I can't believe I accidentally put the wrong video, but that is a good idea of why Ike should never be as slow as Ganon.

to be fair though, that guy doesn't know how to play Ike

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I still don't get it. Ganondorf dominated that match, which is only telling me Ike SHOULD be as heavy as him.

And yeah, that guy didn't know how to play Ike. He didn't use his godly d-air ONCE. Or the Eruption to Aether combo. Or some other combos I remember having success with while maining Ike.

EDIT: Oh, and that post I made above was directed at Quintessence, my bad. I just hit enter as others also posted.

Edited by Anacybele

He didn't use his godly d-air ONCE. Or the Eruption to Aether combo. Or some other combos I remember having success with while maining Ike.

on top of that, you never use Quick Draw on-level with the enemy, it's too easy to break, either be slightly above or below, and if you time it right you can have it so that you can cancel it and to continue to slide while you begin your side smash

Yeah, I often used a Quick Draw Cancel technique where I'd use Quick Draw not to attack, but to get Ike right in front of his target really fast like and turn it into his awesome jab. Works like a charm, it does. I hope he can still do this in SSB4!

Also a key to Ike success is knowing your range and faster attacks. And knowing how to utilize his jab like San

Also a key to Ike success is knowing your range and faster attacks. And knowing how to utilize his jab like San

The thing is, you NEVER use Aether as an attack unless, you know, you *READ* their next move or you get rid of the lag by grabbing the edge.

Gives Marth a free tipper or gimp if you just use it to "combo".

His assets are his b-air and his jabs.

His tilts are very useful at higher percentages.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The thing is, you NEVER use Aether as an attack unless you know *READ* their next move or you get rid of the lag by grabbing the edge.Gives Marth a free tipper or gimp if you just use it to "combo".His assets are his b-air and his jabs.His tilts are very useful at higher percentages.

I know this, I never encouraged aether in a combo. We aren't talking about project M after all where combos do exist anyways.

I know this, I never encouraged aether in a combo. We aren't talking about project M after all where combos do exist anyways.

Frack, I quoted the wrong person. Sorry Jedi.

I'm really good with measuring distance in Brawl, and I have Ike's timing down, after that it's just a matter of being able to predict the enemy and utilizing his abilities. I honestly think he's a bit underrated, being only a mid-tier character.

combos exist in Brawl, they're just only usable by Zero suit lol

I'm really good with measuring distance in Brawl, and I have Ike's timing down, after that it's just a matter of being able to predict the enemy and utilizing his abilities. I honestly think he's a bit underrated, being only a mid-tier character.

combos exist in Brawl, they're just only usable by Zero suit lol

Ike isn't easy to play as some say, prediction only goes so far. As someone who had Ike in their mains I know this.

Zero suit wasn't the only one, there are some quick attacks with various characters you can chain but infinite air dodges nulled all feeling of combos.

The thing with tiers and slower characters is that they rely on prediction a lot more.

...And all of that can be done away with a lot easier when higher tier characters have a "screw everything" panic button move.

I don't profess to be anywhere near tournament level player, but I think some people in this thread should be more careful about criticizing other people's gameplay.

SoC is correct. Careful to criticize especially those who use characters you don't.

People underestimate me in Melee as Link and they tend to get the worst out of it. My job corps pals know in Melee and PM Link is dangerous when played right now .

Then again PM is amazing in how balanced it is not the best example but what I'm saying is skill > tiers

As well as everyone is different levels in smash. Not everyone is interested in being pro some just play for fun as their favorites. So don't put people down if they don't play like top level players

That's the true beauty of smash. It brings together all sorts of players.

I love chaotic romps and serious one on ones.

Edited by Jedisupersonic

the only reliable combos I can think of for Ike are:

Nair to nair at low percent, nair is decently fast

Back throw to dash attack or dair if your opponent is bad

Spam jab

then again, Ike is more of a zoning character than an in your face character because FAIR

I think Brawl Ike shares a lot of similarities with Little Mac. He's devastating in a party orientated free-for-all but is going to require a lot of prediction to play well compared to "high tier" characters due to some sort of major weakness (Ike's mostly slow options and predictable specials vs Little Mac's lack of air game and one of the worst recoveries ever seen in Smash). Though, as others have said, skill > tiers. I recently watched a Melee Kirby vs Dr Mario video where Kirby won the set despite Kirby being "the worst character in the game" and Dr. Mario being no slouch.

Edit: Also, today's pic of the day has an alternate look for the Gunner Mii, and a Fire Flower palette for Rosalina. I think I found the colour I want to main Rosalina with, barring some insanely cool other look.

sTFk44t.jpg

Edited by Samias

Yeah we got a stream of costumes going now... Although they still have a ton of info they could release. Characters, special move & variations, stages, new game modes/minigames (or old ones like Break the Targets?), possibly mechanics (like the high damage steam and KO flash). And other things I probably missed or really whatever they want. I love getting these little updates.

To be fair, this isn't the FIRST time we've seen the suit for the Mii fighter. There's a number of different looks in the Mii fighter's gallery. This is just the first full body shot of this particular costume. The Miis look like they have a lot of different outfits to choose from, though some of them look like some really clever texturing work.

The quote is as follows:

Pic of the day: The Mii Gunner in his suit. Looking sharp! The arm cannon's design will change depending on the outfit, but the attacks and projectiles will be the same.

Is it weird that I thought the quote would be about Rosalina and not the Mii? That particular costume reminds me of White Mages from Final Fantasy.

Also Samias, that's technically not Rosalina's fire costume, since in Super Mario 3D World the dress is mostly red with white trimmings.

640px-Fire_Rosalina_SM3DW.png

I mostly stick with default costumes in Smash Bros., but if it's a costume that's technically canon and shows up in their own series officially (like Fire Mario and Luigi), I'll use it every now and then. So Fire Rosalina (the Super Mario 3D World colour scheme, if it's available) would probably be my secondary costume that I'd use for her.

Oops, I mixed up Rosalina and Peach's colour schemes for the Fire Flower. And for shame, because I dumped so many hours into Super Mario 3D World and yet I hadn't noticed.

All the new costume information is pretty cool.

What are people's thoughts on the new Little Mac announcement? (Because I don't want to turn back a million page just to find out)

Are people realizing that that means that Wireframe Mac is almost definitely a color alt and not a costume alt yet? *3*

Edited by BANRYU

If that IS meant to be Fire Rosalina, the colors are backwards... >.>

Also, no, Banryu. Wireframe Mac is still not a simple palette swap. It's the same with the SS Link swap for Link.

Edited by Anacybele

....sigh okay yes Ana whatever you say.

But seriously.

I'm not saying that characters can't have more than two alternate sets of costumes in a game like this, but really, that is what I'm saying about Mac. Of all the characters to get THREE, not two, but THREE alternate sets of costumes, why Mac of all people? He has some lovely alternate forms, yes, but why not ANY of the other characters who have a bunch of alternate looks, like Mario/Link/Samus/etc.etc.

Frankly, I'm not even sure that the pink hoodie is even a Biker Wario-type deal; I think it's possible that he might be like Pikachu/Jigglypuff's extra hats albeit to an extreme (though I realize this is by and far less likely than it just being the Biker Wario thing). Another possibility is that it's just a stand-alone extra costume. Whatever the case it's certainly interesting to see what they're doing with the alternate outfits in this game. o3o I just hope other characters get similar degrees of care in their costumes and whatnot.

PS Fire Rosalina looks cool / was expected. (accurate or otherwise)

Edited by BANRYU

If that IS meant to be Fire Rosalina, the colors are backwards... >.>

Also, no, Banryu. Wireframe Mac is still not a simple palette swap. It's the same with the SS Link swap for Link.

Except for the fact that SS Link is a palette swap himself.

Physically, no alterations were made, only colour wise. Same goes for Wireframe mac, the model is exactly the same, therefore it is a palette swap. An intricate one, but a palette swap nonetheless.

But it's not a case where Link's tunic simply changed color. Different design markings were added as well, and a lot of them.

Therefore, it is not a palette swap.