SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

lol. I had Mickey Mouse on my fan roster, but that was because I felt that he was the ONLY exception Sakurai would ever make to the "has to originate in a game" rule. :P

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I see. Imo, Snake felt a bit out of place among all the colorful cartoony Nintendo peeps in Smash. :P

I don't know, Snake can get pretty darn cartoony in his games, especially when he fights a giant robot. Or in Snake Eater, when he's afraid of vampires.

EDIT: I do want Snake to come back for Smash 4, but I know that I'm dreaming.

Edited by Silent Letters

"A surveillance camera?"

"Metal Gear?"

"It's just like one of my Japanese animes!"

"I like Scissors, 61!"

*the president of the United States grabbing Raiden's crotch upon their first meeting*

Metal Gear can get pretty cartoony, I didn't even mention the ridiculous villains and bosses. (which range from mind-reading psychics to communist pikachus)

Metal Gear is absolutely insane and I love it for that.

Metal Gear can get pretty cartoony, I didn't even mention the ridiculous villains and bosses. (which range from mind-reading psychics to communist pikachus)

Brother!!

Edited by Silent Letters

"A surveillance camera?"

"Metal Gear?"

"It's just like one of my Japanese animes!"

"I like Scissors, 61!"

*the president of the United States grabbing Raiden's crotch upon their first meeting*

And then people berate Twin Snakes for being too over-the-top.

And then people berate Twin Snakes for being too over-the-top.

I will never understand people who say Twin Snakes is too over-the-top, it's pretty much Metal Gear in a nutshell.

Also Rising, but I think people just don't like a Metal Gear that isn't a stealth game (even if it's on par with Snake Eater for "best in the franchise.")

I will never understand people who say Twin Snakes is too over-the-top, it's pretty much Metal Gear in a nutshell.

Also Rising, but I think people just don't like a Metal Gear that isn't a stealth game (even if it's on par with Snake Eater for "best in the franchise.")

That makes two of us. While I sincerely enjoyed Twin Snakes, every person I've met on places, like gfaqs, never had anything positive to say about TS. Then again gamefuqs is full of all kinds of terrible posters Edited by Mugen Wing

First-person camera absolutely trivializes some rooms though. Also I kind of like the original voice recordings.

Edited by Knight

First-person camera absolutely trivializes some rooms though. Also I kind of like the original voice recordings.

True on the voice acting front--Paul Eiding and Jen Hale sounded bored out of their skulls.

On another note, has this been posted here? Been dying all morning.

http://smashmansion.tumblr.com/

Edited by Mugen Wing

Well, that explains why so many Smash fanfics use "Smash Mansion" or "Brawl Mansion" as the setting. xP

I decided not to be a copy cat and use a place called Smash Castle instead. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Well, that explains why so many Smash fanfics use "Smash Mansion" or "Brawl Mansion" as the setting. xP

I decided not to be a copy cat and use a place called Smash Castle instead. lol

It's actually a much older thing than this tumblr. There were already Smash Mansion stories when I wrote my first Smash fics. In 2001.

No, that's actually what she thinks.

Aya just doesn't always keep up well with the current discussion and takes every reply as they come along, until she's caught up.

Which is why she spoilers it

no it should be obvious that she was, having not responded to any of the logical replies.

snake probably won't be included. he was my main T_T

i love snake. it made me extremely happy to see the mgs franchise in smash.

as another "too human but we don't care" character coming to smash, i'd love to see phoenix wright.

Phoenix Wright would be a cool character, I remember seeing how silly he looked in Marvel vs. Capcom and thought that would be funny to see in Smash.

Phoenix Wright would be awesome, no matter how quirky or silly he would be. I know we're not getting Snake back, which is devastating... Luckily Ike's manned up to fill most of his shoes.

Not sure why, but I've always preferred the "human" characters of Nintendo.

Phoenix Wright would be a pretty neat character to play as, for sure.

I would love to see Wonder Red, but I know his chances are about as good as Snake's.

Gah, don't remind me--I was too hopeful for proper W101 representation, instead of a simple trophy. T_T

I know the feeling. I wanted Keldeo to be the Pokemon newcomer, but he's a Pokeball Pokemon. xP Better than not being in at all though! I'm glad Sakurai recognizes him as important enough to be in the game in some form. :3

If we don't get any characters from TW101, I hope we at least get some songs. That soundtrack is too damn good to pass up.

I'm on my phone now, but I will link some songs over in the music thread when I get home.

snake probably won't be included. he was my main T_T

i love snake. it made me extremely happy to see the mgs franchise in smash.

as another "too human but we don't care" character coming to smash, i'd love to see phoenix wright.

Mine too and it makes me so sad to see him go. I got into MGS because Smash Bros had Snake and I wanted to learn more. I swear every new version of Smash removes one of my mains. I mained Roy BAM he's gone. I mained Snake BAM he's most probably gone. When this game comes out Brawl will feel inferior to me :(