SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh, Psychic is my least favorite Pokemon type along with Water (that last one is rather ironic though, considering that my favorite Pokemon of all time is a Water type. :P). I was never a Mewtwo fan either, I like Mew WAY more. It's SO cute! Mew wouldn't work in Smash though, unfortunately. It floats all the time.

Edited by Anacybele

Arcanine was always my favorite Gen I Pokemon. Never cared for Mewtwo.

Edit: My favorite types are Fighting & Fire. Got annoying when three consecutive starters had the typing. Also, my favorite starter was Squirtle, not Chairzard. I spelled it that way intentionally.

Edited by Threedede

Did Sakurai reuse Marth's Brawl voice clips? :/

I guess Ike will get the same treatment and we won't see an improved Jason Adkins...

Edited by Anacybele

I decided to make a roster, too, just for the fun of it.

yrBnGOd.png

I put in a few characters that I know have absolutely no chance, even if all of my Smash dreams would come true if they were in.

No Shulk? 0/10

All jokes aside, I do like your choices for the most part.

Why do people think Snake is going? Is it just that he'll fit even less now that Sm4sh has the colorfulness of Melee again, or is it a thing with Konami?

Kojima said "I'm not working on that game, but I don't think it's likely [that Snake will return]. If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake." Most people imagine if Snake was in the game Kojima would know, since the roster was determined ages ago. Kojima might just not know, but it seems pretty damning.

As for characters I want, Shulk is the only newcomer left that I really want. I got both my most-wanted FE rep in Robin and a Pokemon I didn't even recognize how much I wanted in Greninja. Plus my main Ike is back! As for the remaining newcomers, I would be happy to see Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Byrne, Dixie Kong, King K Rool, or Bandana Dee, amongst others.

No Shulk? 0/10

All jokes aside, I do like your choices for the most part.

I'm probably getting crucified for this, but I actually don't really care whether or not Shulk gets in. Wonder Red not getting in is the dealbreaker.

I know Chrom is old news but why not?

Chrom got Falcon Punched so hard he got knocked off the roster.

I saw a different version of that. The best difference was that, in the picture of the milky way with the huge explosion, Ridley could be seen flying through space.

Kojima said "I'm not working on that game, but I don't think it's likely [that Snake will return]. If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake." Most people imagine if Snake was in the game Kojima would know, since the roster was determined ages ago. Kojima might just not know, but it seems pretty damning.

As for characters I want, Shulk is the only newcomer left that I really want. I got both my most-wanted FE rep in Robin and a Pokemon I didn't even recognize how much I wanted in Greninja. Plus my main Ike is back! As for the remaining newcomers, I would be happy to see Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Byrne, Dixie Kong, King K Rool, or Bandana Dee, amongst others.

kojima fucks with his fans. if he knew, he'd probably say the same thing

i don't trust the guy

I'm probably getting crucified for this, but I actually don't really care whether or not Shulk gets in. Wonder Red not getting in is the dealbreaker.

Wonder Red confirmed trophy.

How many features from Brawl to this game have been confirmed? I'm sure the classics like Tournament mode, training mode, trophy gallery, etc are definitely coming back. I'm more curious to the Event Matches, stage builder, break the targets (although there was some aspects of this in Smash Run) and the others on whether they'll be returning. I hope they are, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of it removed like Subspace Emissary.

The SSE was confirmed to not be returning, but that's it. The other ones were either confirmed to return (such as Home Run) or are still up in the air.

Does anybody else remember Joakim Mogren?

That was crazy and all, but I almost feel like that was an inside joke for Metal Gear fans, like "here's the big troll you guys want."

That said, I will take anything Kojima says with a grain of salt.

^ Heh

Did anyone else notice this by the way? I know it's not exactly the most credible information, but it seems like there's been startlingly little conversation on the topic for what this means for the game mode and boss-like characters that could appear in it.

I'm not really that interested in smash run tbh.

Unless they show Ridley as a boss (in which case lol), bosses being a part of it doesn't really excite me much.

I believe the character whose name was mentioned as possibly being a boss was Kraid, actually. Who, IMO, is much better suited to being a boss sort of character, much like Rayquaza and Petey Piranha. It's basically just another kind of character speculation topic.

You should never take anything Hideo Kojima or Ed Boon says at face value. Dudes have been in the business for too long and love messing around.

At this point all I want is Bandanna Waddle Dee to be playable. It must happen.