SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/724435-thanks-to-sakurai-and-super-smash-bros-fire-emblem-is-on-its-way-to-becoming-a-premier-nintendo-franchise

I must report this immediately. :D

Because of Sakurai, Fire Emblem is well on it's way to being a premier series. Yes. Yes. Yes. This is the best news that I've heard all day. Chrom will be in it. Says it in here. ^_^

“You want Chrom, Lucina and Robin even though there are already two Fire Emblem characters announced? Alright – wish granted. Oh, and we’re bringing back Captain Falcon too. Today, he’s going to fight against these new characters in a high-quality CG short.” It’s almost as if this morning’s events were extracted from a fan’s lucid dream.

Anyway, I was going to also say that alot of complaints have been given upon Lucina due to her being a clone and that it's pointless to have her in. Because...well...in truth, we should only have Robin for the FE Awakening attraction of the franchise. I only knew that either Chrom, or Robin, or both would be in, but Lucina is just a copy of Marth that is better to be dropped out for someone more worthwhile, like...

-Ness

-Jigglypuff

-Meta Knight

-Snake

-R.O.B

Because of her being in is only going to hurt the chances of these five making it into the game. This is why that we are complaining of Lucina's existence in the game when she is stealing one of these five characters slots. When they deserve it and are loved alot more.

EDIT: Fire Emblem although doesn't deserve more than three reps at the same time only needing three Marth, Ike, and Robin. Having Lucina in is just plain pointless. Tiiiiime to read back on today's pages.

Edited by Bimbo

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I was going to also say that alot of complaints have been given upon Lucina due to her being a clone and that it's pointless to have her in. Because...well...in truth, we should only have Robin for the FE Awakening attraction of the franchise. I only knew that either Chrom, or Robin, or both would be in, but Lucina is just a copy of Marth that is better to be dropped out for someone more worthwhile, like...

-Ness

-Jigglypuff

-Meta Knight

-Snake

-R.O.B

Because of her being in is only going to hurt the chances of these five making it into the game. This is why that we are complaining of Lucina's existence in the game when she is stealing one of these five characters slots. When they deserve it and are loved alot more.

EDIT: Fire Emblem although doesn't deserve more than three reps at the same time only needing three Marth, Ike, and Robin. Having Lucina in is just plain pointless. Tiiiiime to read back on today's pages.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jigglypuff and Ness will be in the game, having been in since the start, Lucina didn't hurt their chances at all. I doubt they'd get rid of a popular character such as Meta Knight either, that'd be stupid. Snake's lack of inclusion would have to do with Konami's relation to Nintendo and them not publishing an actual Metal Gear game on a Nintendo console. ROB, even though he wasn't that popular, I don't think his chances have been hurt by Lucina specifically.

And honestly, to everybody, there is no way you can bring up hard evidence that Lucina's (rather simple) development process has hurt the chances of another character being added to the roster.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/724435-thanks-to-sakurai-and-super-smash-bros-fire-emblem-is-on-its-way-to-becoming-a-premier-nintendo-franchise

Because of Sakurai, Fire Emblem is well on it's way to being a premier series. Yes. Yes. Yes. This is the best news that I've heard all day. Chrom will be in it. Says it in here. ^_^

-Ness

-Jigglypuff

-Meta Knight

-Snake

-R.O.B

all they had to do was make a new model and edit marth's hurtboxes and hitboxes and it's an easy addition to the roster. Not that big of a deal.

-Ness

-Jigglypuff

-Meta Knight

-Snake

-R.O.B

If any veterans don't make it in, it won't be because Lucina was included.

The only character that Lucina could possibly keep out of the game is any character that could be a Marth clone.

The notion that she could kick Jigglypuff or Ness out is laughable.

-Ness

-Jigglypuff

-Meta Knight

-Snake

-R.O.B

Do you even understand how utterly ridiculous your argument sounds?

Also, regarding the article you cited (which has almost nothing to do with your argument BTW), why is that a bad thing? Awakening was already popular, and Robin/Lucina being in Smash 3U just elevates the franchise even higher, giving us potential for bigger and better FE games. I fail to see how this is a problem, personally.

Also I would just like to point out that the article listed Sakurai's first name as 'Makoto'. Not sure where the fuck they pulled that from.

It still boggles my mind that there's people out there who believe ROB isn't returning.

^

tumblr_n8xxe9WBEB1qhx4jao1_400.jpg
tumblr_n8xxe9WBEB1qhx4jao2_400.jpg

Never have I appreciated the Awakening English localization more in all of my life.

HAH. BRILLIANT

Edited by BANRYU

Its been posted and discussed a lot, a couple pages back, if you read that far, but here it is

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/17/sakurai-explains-why-chrom-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros-says-he-lacks-any-unique-characteristics/

I was expecting either Chrom, or Robin anyway.
IF Chrom made it instead of Lucina, we'd get complaints about him being too similar to Ike. -.-

does it matter how many of his fans played his game? his popularity is proportional only to his popularity, not exclusively to how many people played his games.

EDIT: unless i missed a part of this discussion, here. i'm just rushing in with two loaded guns.

In the rear with the gear. :D

Hey Lucina seems kinda cool. I guess she's just a free character though. Robin... I'll be beating the shit out of everyone with him as my new main (well maybe if Lucario gets worse).

Could care less about Chrom, although a lance based moveset certainly was possible, so I don't understand Sakurai's justification.

Sakurai only added Lucina in, because of the lack of female characters in the series which is true, but did he have to go that far as to saying that Chrom isn't in, because that "he is not unique enough" when Lucina is just a fucking clone of Marth and should have only had Robin in for someone better, like R.O.B. If Chrom made it in, it would be the same. He would just be a clone of Ike. -.-

Here is what we can conclude:

1. Ike is a better mascot than Marth.

2. Marth does not have to be the mascot for SSB4.

3. FE has never had a female representative: Lucina makes the perfect choice to replace Marth, since she even looks and fights alike with Marth.

4. Therefore, Marth doesn't need to be in the game.

PKL made the argument about Marth's playstyle. Then give Lucina a tip as well, and they'll be identical.

Have Marth, Ike and Robin. That's it. We have no need for anyone else for Fire Emblem.
We need Ness, Snake, Meta Knight and Jigglypuff.

(Someone remind me, was Earthbound ever localized?)

They were planning to localize Mother 1 at one point, but for marketing problems is why that they couldn't do it. The translation is actually official in Mother's one and two. ^_^

Even though secrets were kept from it which is explained here...

http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/02/earthbound-legal-issues/

Grateful Dead Valley. Peaceful Rest Valley. But...at least we got that game.

This is evidence enough that the games can be both canon and having cuteness at the same time! ^_^

http://www.screwattack.com/news/2200s-earthbound-zero-aka-mother-review-0

Here it says on why that we didn't get Mother. Even though Nintendo has completed the translation to it. (Mother 1 NES)

But still...at least we have got their work/coding used in the translation patch. :3

Most of the west learned about Fire Emblem's existence due to Marth's presence in Smash Bros itself though.

Ike's games were the worst selling Fire Emblem games in Japan and, although they didn't do that badly in the west, they aren't the best selling ones either. FE7 had been the best selling game in the West before Awakening.

They still used "Marth" in Awakening's pre-release advertisement in the West, just like in Japan, not Ike.

The pre-release advertisement isn't even really tied to the game's story. All pre-release information, and it was something they tried to repeat in the locatlization, try to make it seem like Masked Marth was the actual Marth returned from the dead, and, yet, in game,Masked Marth is immediately considered to be just someone with the same name, even before the truth comes out, and is never regarded as the legendary king.

Even though NOTHING related to Fire Emblem was put in SSB64. -.-

I don't see how cutting Marth from Smash would increase the sales of anything. Why should Ike be the mascot? most of his fame comes from the same places as Marth's, from Smash Bros, where Marth is already more established. As someone pointed out his games didn't even sell the best over here. Eliwood's did and by you're logic that Marth makes a bad mascot because we didn't start with him it makes Eliwood the best mascot because he sold the best and we started with him.Even if Brawl sold twice as much in the west it still sold a lot in Japan so removing their mascot is going to annoy them and harm a large portion of the salesbase. Not the biggest but still a large part. Unless you suggest Marth should be playable in Japan and Lucina should be playable in Europe and America which just creates unnecessary work and would cause people to feel as if they're missing something. I don't see why the west and east need to have a different Mascot. There should be unity between the fanbases. We should want to see more of the games we didn't get localized instead of just ignoring they ever existed. IS are going to keep on making the games they make and them. being Japanese and all, are going to continue to promote Marth. Why go to the extra effort to give the west another Mascot when Marth is already well established and one of the reasons we even got Fire Emblem in the first place?

In most games than any other Lord of the series>>>>Marth is of utmost importance.
Chrom being his decendant.
Ayup.

Mother 2 was. Mother 1 and 3 were not however, so while Ness has been known in the west, Lucas's game has yet to be brought over.

That's true.
Most of everything WAS developed in Japan. NOA and NOE just put them in our language barriers and worked out some of the kinks. We still don't know why that Nintendo didn't intend on tranlating Mother 3, even though they put him in Brawl.

This is why people like Little Mac and Ike are in Smash. They appeal to the western fans.

Just like Marth appealed to Japan. ^_^

Roy was a last minute clone added to Melee (and he also had to be unlocked after Marth, never before). Marth was an unique character already appearing in two Smash Bros games with Brawl, and he also had finally gotten a localized game with Shadow Dragon.

Awakening told us the truth of Marth actually had another game when it was kept secret of Book II when almost, if not, every western fan already knew about it. We can't ignore these Japanese games (Not knowing that they ever existed) over something so trivial.

Quoting this comment because the original is a page or two back. Mother 2 or Earthbound wasn't released in Europe until the Virtual Console release last year. Not disputing any point, just throwing that out there, Europe has been screwed by Mother releases even more than America which hasn't done well.

Europe didn't get Mother, period. -.-

Given the sheer stupidity of the argument I'd say it's probably just to troll and piss people off.

At which he seems to have succeeded o3o

So um. To return the topic to the game it's actually about.

I'm still wondering about stages we haven't seen yet, like the 3DS Metroid and WiiU Kirby stages.

Well...when we do it enough, maybe they will remove Lucina and put in someone more worthy, like R.O.B.

I do feel bad for Chrom fans though, if Lucina did take anyone's spot, it was his, not to mention all the gifs making fun of Chrom (though I still think they are hilarious).

We weren't expecting both Chrom and Robin. Robin made it, so there is no need for Lucina to be in.

I'm no expert on hacking, but I think that if they can hack one game for a system it becomes much easier to hack another. It shouldn't take too long to hack the 3DS version, then.

Also, we already know that Chrom is basically guaranteed to be one of the "Forbidden [insert number here]", because Sakurai confirmed he was planning him for the game and then scrapped him at some point. It's just a matter of seeing how much of his coding was complete before that happened.

If we can ever hack the game...that is...:D

What Red Fox said. Those were Sakurai's words exactly. "Naturally, I considered Chrom."

Yep. :D
There is his handsome coding in there somewhere. ^_^
He looks so completely detailed in Robin's final smash than usual.

Self-explanatory

ny4cTVG.jpg

Truth be told. Welp.

Roy is not the same as Mewtwo, the particular difference being that Pokemon fans actually like Mewtwo (Mewtwo also has more relevance to Pokemon than Roy does to FE). Sure, some FE fans like Roy, but polls have proven that Roy is the least-preferred FE lord in the series.

Of course. He's especially in the fucking movies. Marth is in the OVA. So he stays.
Mewtwo should get a return. But Pokemon already has 5 reps. Putting him in will be very hard now.
But...Pokemon deserves the most reps for being even more popular than Mario now!!! :D

I always thought Twilight Princess was the least popular of the 3D Zeldas. I heard people complain that it was too easy, too linear, didn't have enough exploration, didn't have you use all those items you got in dungeons enough, Ganondorf felt too tacked on, etc.

But whatevs. xP

Major Spoilers Zelda Twilight Princess and Windwaker

But at least these kicked ass.
Since he was beyond all evil to this game who manipulated even Zant. :D
Who survived even a blow to his head with Link the 4th's sword. The Triforce of Power saved him. He is the god of power!!!! :DD
Only one who survived throughout the eras and to be wise beyond believing, too. :D

Really? Oh wow.

It was my favorite Zelda, right next to Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. Well, that's too bad. It's the first Zelda game I've played anyways, so I probably didn't have high expectations for it.

And plus, Zelda with brown hair is tons better than ANY other Zelda. (Well, maybe not Hyrule Warriors Zelda).

We NEED to have Hyrule Warriors Zelda in to please the future release of the game. Skyword Sword's Zelda was nicely designed, too looking like a cute child.

My favorite 3D Zelda's are Majoras Mask, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker with OOT coming in a close fourth

Skyward Sword while enjoyable. Is my least favorite game in the series outside the infamous CDI games. I felt some stuff like the stamina meter, Fi and its one note stock villain held it back. Despite this its combat was really defined and good

Ugh...I need to play that sometime.
Gihriam was a spoiler of him turning into a sword which also haven't played either.

Aren't all Lords not named Marth or Ike one-offs? I don't see why that counts against him, nor why not being international matters. Hell, most of the things you're criticising Roy for here apply to Lucas as well (one shot character in a minor Nintendo franchise whose game was never released internationally).

Nintendo didn't intend to translate three.
We didn't respect Mother 2 enough to warrant us having number three. It served us right either way.

Even though it is canon like Chrono Trigger.

Judging by the Mother 3/Lucas thing, I'm guessing I'm the only one here who's beaten or even played Mother 3. How sad for me, to be the only Mother fan around right now.

I loved Lucas and his character in Mother 3. He had some amazing character growth, and his unique PSI was an amazing spell for damage and crowd control. I prefer Kumatora, but that doesn't matter right now. I want hom back simply for ample Mother representation, but I certainly don't want Ninten >_>. Ness was Ninten done right.

There is another...me.

The story of George and Maria

I recently bought the Encyclopedia Mother, and one thing I was thrilled to find in the book was an extended history of George and Maria. This isn't the short little two-paragraph backstory that's included with the game and with most other guidebooks; this version is actually quite detailed. So, I got to work on translating it. Keep in mind that though I consider myself semi-fluent, I'm still not a 100-percent expert at Japanese translation, and as you read this, you're sure to find the English to sound a little strange, because let's face it, the localization of text to make it sound more fitting for the English language certainly isn't my strong point. Just consider this to be a "wooden" translation so that you can at least understand it, even if it looks a little hokey to American readers.
So without further ado, I present you The Story of George and Maria!
-----------------------------------------------
When the 1900's began, something happened in this town of Mothersday that has since all but disappeared from people's memory.
In this town lived a certain married couple who were on good terms with the people. The husband, George, was employed as editor-in-chief for the town's daily newspaper, The Mothersday Times, and as such gained people's trust so much that he was called "The Conscience of this Town". The wife, Maria, was a bright working man's housewife, befitting her lineage of generations of devout Protestants living in this town. To start off, the way these two met began with a single carnation.
At a young age, George lost his parents, and from the day he graduated from high school he began a job as a letter-boy for a famous newspaper publisher in a big city. Before long, he moved on to try his hand as a skilled reporter.
Having never gone to college, he made the ranking of newspaper reporter his own. You might say his biggest reason by far was his curiosity. He made many scoops his own. In one scoop, he exposed the dark past of the President at that time, which made him excessively famous.
However, surrounding the handling of this incident, he directly opposed the Editing Officer, and wound up leaving the newspaper publisher on his own initiative.
The next year, relying upon a help-wanted advertisement for the Mothersday local newspaper publisher, he arrived at this town. The first to welcome him was the beautiful Maria, who had been sketching a bed of carnations on the town outskirts. For some time George was fascinated, spellbound by this sketched picture.
The same day, George was singled out for editor-in-chief for "The Mothersday Times", and as a new project for the newspaper, began work on the authoring of a serialized novel on the establishment of the town up until the present day, made into one story.
Its very first illustration was decorated by a single carnation, and the hand that drew it was that of the nameless, young Maria as the artist.
Coupled with the raging interest toward the sharp-shooting incidents in the newspaper articles that George wrote, this serialization was full of enjoyment where the townsfolk, one-by-one, would become the heroes of the novel, and you could laugh and cry about it at the same time. It offered plenty of breakfast conversation at home.
Of course, it goes without saying that before long, the two received the blessing of marriage from the people at the town's church.
From an early point, it became an undying custom in their home where Maria, who had been getting accustomed to song and piano, after dinner and after cleaning up, would hold a mini-concert, with her husband George and the children as the audience.
In the house's warm garden in the afternoon sun, adoring Maria's personality, the town's housewives would gather together and slave over an enormous patchwork. This was also one of the town's long-lived traditions.
The completed bedcovers and tablecloths were given to the needy at [Maria's] husband's newspaper company bazaar, and the profits were donated to the town church, so it was a town suitable of a mother's warm love, living up to its name.
In such a peaceful town, ominous incidents broke out when a shadow like a black cloud fell upon the summit of faraway Holy Loly Mountain.
Suddenly room ornaments started flying around, and a person who had abruptly gone missing returned home the next morning with no recollection [of what had happened].
A group of the town's elementary school students who had gone hiking near the mountain vanished without a trace, and though that night the town was in an uproar, the next day all of them [the students] returned to their homes smiling as if nothing had happened. Such were the incomprehensible incidents that just kept coming.
George, who had an active curiosity from the outset, began to carefully investigate these incidents.
However, he was unable to get enough information for any use from the people involved in these incidents. They all had utterly lost their memories of the incident itself.
On the evening of the day an article of George's was published in the newspaper, in which he reported in the middle of these incidents, George and Maria vanished from the town.
The shock and sorrow of the townsfolk was immeasurably deep. The fact alone that they prayed to God earnestly was a testament of the townsfolk's trust in the couple.
Whether or not their wishes reached [the heavens], about two years later, unexpectedly, George returned to his house alone. As though he was a completely different person, his hair had turned white, and he clamped his mouth closed like a seashell and shut himself up in his house.
Even when his close friends came to visit, George would not tell anyone where he had gone or what he had been up to. Not to mention that when they'd ask about Maria, his countenance would fall and, like a bitter old man, he'd morosely chase the people back home.
And so, without coming back to the newspaper publisher, all he did was shut himself in his house, and he became immersed in researching psychic powers.
When the people saw George like this, various rumors began to fly around.
However, before they knew it, time passed, and the rumors coming out of people's mouths stopped climbing. Only, one thing that the people never forgot was that in the end, [George's] wife Maria never did return home......
The years went by, and as if to wipe out the ominous incidents, Maria and George's home was rebuilt, and now there's a boy who, you guessed it, is his great-grandson; his mother, and his twin sisters, carrying on their peaceful lives as Mothersday once did before.
The patchwork, even now, was inherited by [the boy's] mother, and the carnation bed that Maria had held so dear proudly blooms bright green in the background.
However, in 1988, the ominous black cloud that had vanished from everyone's memories has once more settled atop the summit of Holy Loly.
The peaceful town has undergone a drastic change.
In every home in Mothersday, the flowerpots and electric stands have started moving around with a clatter within the rooms.
Before his panicking mother and his two little sisters, the boy takes a pledge in his heart: "I will ascertain the cause of these strange occurences, and protect my mother and sisters!"
In this manner now begins the boy's adventurous journey.

I've played and beaten Mother 3. It's a good game, but there's no denying the fact that it wasn't as popular in Japan as it is in the US (which is odd, because Japan was the reason it was actually released in), and Mother 3 is one game where Nintendo definitely doesn't care about the western fanbase since nearly all of us played it illegitimately (unless you played a Japanese copy on a Japanese GBA). Also, I've heard that the game's creator is viewed as a "washed-up, talentless hack" due to that game, and he confirmed that he's never making another Mother game (though he did say he'd be fine with someone else continuing the series).

Basically, the Mother series is deader than F-Zero, so Lucas is very vulnerable (though I personally think he will be back).

Which is why that fobby.net worked the translation to perfection that took fifteen years to make it in several language barriers.

It actually applied to the entire Mother series intentionally after 2's poor sales. Even though Nintendo invested 2 million upon the translation of the game. Which they have never got back.

Mother and Fire Emblem games are canon. Period.

Well, she does have blond highlights, but in Brawl, they did make her hair a bit darker than it was in Twilight Princess.

[spoiler=TP Zelda]1ytu7l.png

imo, SSB4 found the perfect hair color for Zelda. If they had gone with Skyward Sword Zelda, I would have died. I'm personally not a fan of that design, but it might just be the art style. Cel-shaded? (It was kind of a mixture). I prefer TP's art style.

czg1.jpg
*Giggle*
Having a child Zelda in is never wrong.

The hell are you talking about?

You obviously unlock Captain Falcon by beating Lunatic+ on Classic 69 times in a row without getting a game over.

I'm sorry, but I laughed. XD

I have no doubt in my mind that Jigglypuff and Ness will be in the game, having been in since the start, Lucina didn't hurt their chances at all. I doubt they'd get rid of a popular character such as Meta Knight either, that'd be stupid. Snake's lack of inclusion would have to do with Konami's relation to Nintendo and them not publishing an actual Metal Gear game on a Nintendo console. ROB, even though he wasn't that popular, I don't think his chances have been hurt by Lucina specifically.

And honestly, to everybody, there is no way you can bring up hard evidence that Lucina's (rather simple) development process has hurt the chances of another character being added to the roster.

Snake is a Nintendo character, actually. Look at the NES Metal Gears.

Edited by Bimbo

Are you people forgetting EB got released last year on the Wii U VC also in Europe and in America, and that Itoi has made Miiverse posts about it??

There are a lot, A LOT of speculations on Itoi, but I can guarantee MOTHER is well liked in Japan and it's remembered there too; it even had gadgets, a manga, a novel, Mr. Saturn plush's, and recently even a set of MOTHER 2 keychains (for gashapon machines), and IIRC he's good pals with Hip Tanaka.

I'm pretty sure Ness was in SSB because Japan likes MOTHER, too.

So yeah, we already have Mr. Saturn returning, I'd say at least a MOTHER character will return too; my hopes are on Ness, and I also hope for a good MOTHER stage like the ones in Melee.

tumblr_n8xxe9WBEB1qhx4jao1_400.jpg

tumblr_n8xxe9WBEB1qhx4jao2_400.jpg

Never have I appreciated the Awakening English localization in all of my life.

Oh LOL I wonder if this is why they picked Captain Falcon for that video. XD

Bosses in Smash Run sounds awesome. :o

Oh yeah, and regarding the Mother discussion, I think either it's going to get more localizations or a new game is coming. It was teased at E3, just like Star Fox was, and Star Fox is getting a new game.

Edited by Anacybele

After seeing the above conversation, I feel like Bimbo is trying to bait people. I mean, Lucina is probably one of the last characters added into the game anyway.

No, that's actually what she thinks.

Aya just doesn't always keep up well with the current discussion and takes every reply as they come along, until she's caught up.

Which is why she spoilers it

Snake is a Nintendo character, actually. Look at the NES Metal Gears.

One unauthorized and inferior port of the original game and one unauthorized sequel. In fact, every Metal Gear game on a Nintendo console is a port or update of a Metal Gear game that has been around for at least a few years on other consoles. Also there are no plans fora Nintendo Metal Gear game currently,so from a business perspective you could see how Snake hasn't really done much of anything for Nintendo at all apart from being in Smash Bros.

Didn't Snake get a 3DS game? Or am I thinking of another franchise?

There was a 3DS port of Snake Eater, which was garbage from what I hear. Other than ports, there hasn't been an original Metal Gear on any Nintendo system.

Yeah, but it was a port of MGS3, which was a PS2 game that was then updated to be an xbox game and updated again as a PS3 and 360 game before the 3DS one.

I want to say that I'm not opposed of Snake returning, even if it sounds like I am

Edited by Knight

The 3DS game would be a port of "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater", originally released on the PS2.

Besides "Snake's Revenge", the only Nintendo exclusive Metal Gear would probably be "Metal Gear: Ghost Babel" for the GameBoy Color. But even that one takes place in an alternate continuity.

Edited by BrightBow

I went on Gamefaqs and looked at a Smash 4 roster I made when the board was still new (2011), and I'm ashamed.

I cut Charizard, Ivysaur, Lucario, Squirtle, Toon Link, ZSS, and Wolf

I added Lissa. LISSA.

I put Medusa, Lissa (then Liz), Tom Nook, Takamaru, Hilda (from Pokemon B/W), Plusle and Minun, Mewtwo, Lip, Little Mac, Slime, Mega Man, Magolor, Dixie AND K. Rool, Bowser Jr, Toad, Captain Syrup, Tingle, Ghirahim, Ridley, Krystal, Goroh, Starfy, Chibi-Robo, and Isaac.

I was quite delusional. Frankly I won't even link to the topic, as I'm ashamed of what I said in said topic.