SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Yeah, that kind of thing sucks. Believe it or not, I actually preferred using Roy over Marth in Melee simply because he had fire. :P

And after SSB4 was announced, people started telling me that Ike would definitely be cut and I kept hearing that over and over, no matter how many times I would disagree. I did still fear that time constraints would be a bitch again though.

But thankfully, Sakurai seems to be an Ike fan too! Why do I think so? Here's the treatment Ike got in Brawl already:

- He was the first newcomer and first FE rep to be shown (or so I heard, I never actually followed Smash as much back then as I do now), meaning he was high priority even among the planned newcomers

- Almost all the FE trophies come from his games

- He's the only character that managed to destroy a Subspace bomb in the SSE as well as one of the only characters with a voiced line in it.

- A majority of the FE music comes from his games

It could be argued that Brawl put a little more emphasis on recency, but still.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do realize that, by virtue of the fact that everyone thinks Snake won't be in, he probably will be.

At the very least, my magical being-wrong powers might make it so (since I also don't think he'll be back).

If we don't get any characters from TW101, I hope we at least get some songs. That soundtrack is too damn good to pass up.

I'm on my phone now, but I will link some songs over in the music thread when I get home.

so i've heard! i should give it a listen sometime. it looked like an interesting enough game, i just don't own a wiiu haha.

Mine too and it makes me so sad to see him go. I got into MGS because Smash Bros had Snake and I wanted to learn more. I swear every new version of Smash removes one of my mains. I mained Roy BAM he's gone. I mained Snake BAM he's most probably gone. When this game comes out Brawl will feel inferior to me :(

same here. though, i have learned the error of my ways and understand now that marth is superior. with ssb4, though, who knows what'll happen. i'm pretty excited to use all 4 of those characters!

You guys do realize that, by virtue of the fact that everyone thinks Snake won't be in, he probably will be.

one can hope!

I think it's more that Snake hasn't had much to do with Nintendo. At least not as much as the other third party characters that are in.

oh my god

oh my god

i just realized sonic is back

my initial thoughts were that 3rd-party characters were going to have "cameo" appearances in smash, and not stay for the long haul

but oh shit if sonic is staying, snake better stay

Sonic has exclusively been on Nintendo consoles ever since Sega stopped making their own though. Snake hasn't.

Incorrect. The most recent multiplatform Sonic game I remember is Generations, and that came out long after the Dreamcast went bust. Even before Generations, there were still many others.

I made a dream roster of 55 characters + Random today. I had to cut Zael and Takamaru, but it was for the best. I'd cut Chibi if I needed 55 including Random

[spoiler=mah roster]

XczDpVD.png

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly

Oh. Well, I only ever saw Sonic games for Nintendo consoles when I went to stores. My bad. xP

However, I'm pretty sure that far, far more Sonic games have been on Nintendo consoles than MGS games recently, even if they aren't exclusive.

Edited by Rewjeo

do want isaac. he'd have mostly psynergy attacks, and only some sword attacks to differentiate him between the various other sword users.

when it comes to 3rd party titles, i don't think the amount of games they've been in will matter. sonic and snake both are extremely popular. ninty has something to gain from keeping both.

If we don't get any characters from TW101, I hope we at least get some songs. That soundtrack is too damn good to pass up.

I'm on my phone now, but I will link some songs over in the music thread when I get home.

Putting in some version of the main theme, or "Intertwined" would be the greatest thing ever.

I'll die and go to heaven if Phoenix Wright is in. I do think that, with 3rd Party trophies being confirmed to be a thing, that he might get a spot as a Trophy.

At the very least, my magical being-wrong powers might make it so (since I also don't think he'll be back).

Man, I hope so.

Why do people think Snake is going? Is it just that he'll fit even less now that Sm4sh has the colorfulness of Melee again, or is it a thing with Konami?

More a thing with Konami than anything else. If you look at the trailers for MGSV, it looks like the series is going to get more serious* and maybe some higher-ups thought he wouldn't fit or something like that.

*Story-wise, anyway. The gameplay looks goofy as ever, with Snake-in-the-Box attacks and attaching balloons to goats.

EDIT: Also, I can't find it right now, but I read an article somewhere where Kojima (the creator of Metal Gear) said nobody had approached him about using Snake.

Double Edit: Here it is. Not exactly what I said, but pretty close.

Edited by Silent Letters

Mewtwo is notable in the Pokemon series and I was always surprised he didn't make it into Brawl. He's popular, he got a movie to himself, a sequel to that movie, etc. And now he recently got another movie (though I think the Mewtwo in the Genesect film is female) and is catchable in X/Y as well as the Gold/Silver remakes. And he got two Mega evolutions. So he's kind of relevant again.

Edited by Anacybele

Mewtwo is one of the most iconic Legendary Pokemon from across the series, and is better suited to being playable than like 95% of other Legends. A lot of people have fond nostalgia for him, not just from Melee, but from the Pokemon anime and games as well. And personally, I think his recent surge of relevance in Pokemon XY was a boon for his popularity as well and the only reason he's considered relevant enough to be a possibility. So yeah, seems warranted to me. More so than Roy, TBH.

Also he's quite different from Lucario and everyone else, so that also helps.

EDIT: ninja'd - 3 -

when it comes to 3rd party titles, i don't think the amount of games they've been in will matter. sonic and snake both are extremely popular. ninty has something to gain from keeping both.

I think this is true, but the obvious question is 'at what cost?' If they can't work out another favorable deal with Konami or whatever, then whatever benefit they'd reap would be either 1) illegal, or 2) at too high a cost. Or something. I'm not an expert on gaming bureaucracy and shit I dunno

Edited by BANRYU

Several things.

1. Mewtwo is the original level 70 badass Pokemon. He deserves the spot imo.

2. I also want Isaac. Wanted Saki too but alas he's still an AT

3. Even though I love Snake if they had only one Konami rep I would rather have Simon Belmont or better yet just Belmont who had alts of all the Belmont's