SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Not the biggest Gen V fan, but it's nice to see it not get the shaft like Gen III did in Brawl just because another generation came out between it and the new Smash game. And the stage looks pretty interesting. Hopefully, we'll get some kind of Hoenn stage, too (highly possible, if Sakurai knew about ORAS while he was planning out which stages to include. We know characters were decided very early in development, but we don't know when the final list of stages was made. We also don't know how long people in Nintendo knew about the Gen III remakes before they were publicly announced).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reshiram, I get. Same with Zekrom. But Milotic?! Unless it's for ORAS or something.

N should totally appear in his own castle :P:

I'm not gonna lie, N's Theme is one of my favourite themes in all of Pokemon so the chance that it gets used in the game makes me indescribably giddy. I want it to happen so badly. N in general is one of my favourite characters of all time in the series. Seems like it'll be the new "Spear Pillar" but I doubt it will have the goofy mechanics like screen flipping. I HOPE.

Another stage? We just got one on Tuesday. I'm hoping for an Epic Yarn stage on Wii U.

Milotic before Hydreigon or even Alder's Volcarona? I don't remember seeing even a single Milotic in B2/W2...

Also, Gen V is my second favorite gen, so yay.

Edited by Maester Indigo

...link's grab has more range than marth's forward smash. what the f@ck, nintendo?

You make this sound illogical when Link has a spring propelled clawshot as a person who uses both Link and Marth I find this makes perfect sense. Link SHOULD out range pretty much everyone with his tools. Not Marth with his simple legendary blade.

You make this sound illogical when Link has a spring propelled clawshot as a person who uses both Link and Marth I find this makes perfect sense. Link SHOULD out range pretty much everyone with his tools. Not Marth with his simple legendary blade.

not only that, Marth's grab range was pretty broken in melee.

Huh. Yeah, I was confused about Milotic too. Good to know I'm not apparently missing something, since everyone else is about as confused as I was about it lol?

Nah but as much as I liked the Pokemon Stadium stages, it's nice to see us finally kind of moving past that trend. Two recent 3D Pokemon stages too, that's unexpected. Also sort of breaks the trend of having a newer stage and a retro stage for franchises that have multiple stages representing them.

I'm excited to see what kind of music we're getting for both the recently announced stages. Maybe Lineland Road can happen for the Paper Mario stage after all? o3o Slim shot though it is.

I'm honestly fine if we never get Takamaru by fan demand, as if he listens to fan demand, we'd get Waluigi, Daisy, and Shadow, and Takamaru, Ridley, and even Ashley or Midna aren't worth THAT.

Well, let me rephrase my earlier statement... they listen to the fans within reason. Takamaru, to me, seems like a reasonable demand, as does Ridley. Characters like Waluigi and Daisy, though? As much as I love me some Waluigi Time I can't agree with playable Waluigi (or Daisy); popular though they might be, they've never had their own games or been playable in anything but a Kart/Sports/Party game, which is a different story than every other Mario character in SSB (except Rosalina, but she actually has something interesting that can be done with her moveset. Daisy would be hard-pressed to be anything but a clone).

See, to me it seems like a lot of people suggesting these other characters are just intent on padding the number of characters in a given franchise, whether or not they'll actually be fitting or contribute something interesting. For Takamaru and Ridley (at least in my opinion), they could be suitably fitting, but in the former's case he's too obscure right now. But seeing as he's got a very Little Mac-esque situation going on right now with an upcoming game soon to be released, it's a safe guess that he might get the Little Mac treatment as well. If he doesn't, *shrug* oh well!

/probably-excessive amount of word vomit sorry I just woke up and am just letting whatever comes out come out

RESHIRAM!! ^^ My favorite gen 5 legendary besides Keldeo! I'm glad Sakurai showed him instead of Zekrom too, Reshiram looks way cooler, imo. And he's Fire type! He's the first legendary I seriously used on a team too. Keldeo came second in Pokemon X when I transferred him from my Black 2.

But N's Castle is a sweet idea for a stage, oh yeah! :D

Edited by Anacybele

I'd love to see Sakurai do a pic of the day featuring the FE squad in alternate costumes based on their promotions. lol Well, except Marth because...well, the poor guy never had a promotion! XD

But I wouldn't mind seeing something else in place of that for him. I'd play as Marth again if he got Eliwood colors. ^^ I should recolor him to look like that and see how it turns out!

Did a little digging, and even though the people are calling it N's Castle, that's actually the Champion's Palace. Also, it seems Milotic's appearance might partially be based on Parfum Palace, where there are statues of the 2 legendaries and Milotic.

@BANRYU: At this point, people need to learn that Sakurai's the king of unpredictability.

Trying to read his choices is futile, at least when it comes to "popularity".

無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!

86XzCAB.gif

Did a little digging, and even though the people are calling it N's Castle, that's actually the Champion's Palace. Also, it seems Milotic's appearance might partially be based on Parfum Palace, where there are statues of the 2 legendaries and Milotic.

Except Sakurai called it a castle, and a castle and palace are two different things. Also, Reshiram and Zekrom appearing in N's Castle makes a lot more sense. I'm positive that it's N's Castle.

Gah, it seems that I can't turn Marth's pants from black to white without messing it up... Oh well...

Except Sakurai called it a castle, and a castle and palace are two different things. Also, Reshiram and Zekrom appearing in N's Castle makes a lot more sense. I'm positive that it's N's Castle.

Gah, it seems that I can't turn Marth's pants from black to white without messing it up... Oh well...

The big structure in this screenshot is N's Castle. It's surrounding the place you're supposed to fight the Champion.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1e/Ns_Castle_BW.png

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

And Sakurai said the stage is based on the surroundings of a certain someone's castle. :P N is the only person we know in gen 5 that has a castle. lol

Okay, I figured out something and finished my Eliwood-colored Marth!

EliwoodMarth_zps4b5e261d.png

His pants are still more gray than white, but it's a lot more accurate than the black lol. And probably still not the best job of a recolor overall, as I don't have much skill in that...heh. ^^; But I'll put Marth back on my list if he gets an Eliwood alternate, cause I like Eliwood!