SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the prize for finding them..............NOTHING!!

No... You get trophies and CD's/stickers. In older installments, you get a lot of points and some achievements instead.

No... You get trophies and CD's/stickers. In older installments, you get a lot of points and some achievements instead.

speak of that I miss score matches.

I actually got Mew for the first time in Brawl a few weeks ago

After owning it since about when it came out

I was shocked that I didn't see her already, but that must've just been in Melee or something ~o3o~

And I really miss the score matches too ;-;

i think i've encountered every pokemon possible. then again, i got the achievement for playing 4999 matches, so it's not surprising...

Scores are back in SSB4, so we might see the return of bonus battles. I hope so, that was one of my favourite game modes just because the best player didn't necessarily win.

I've always found the rarest Pokemon (in Brawl, that is) to be Manaphy. I've seen Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi plenty of times, but only encountered Manaphy once.

I had never seen Manaphy before playing with my then-girlfriend; one time we played a couple of Pokeball matches, and then I couldn't get him to stop appearing. x___X Go figure.

Wait when did we hear that the scores are back? Still, that's good to know, I always enjoyed those in Melee ahaha.

Manaphy had a really cool ability unlike Mew and co. The appearance rate should have been higher. Like only slightly rarer than the likes of Lugia.

I got Manaphy a few times. It was fun lol.

Also, the new pic of the day reveals this sweet looking new item called the Daybreak! It has three parts to collect like the dragoon and is implied to have a powerful blast. I believe it's used like the rocket launcher. It's got an awesome design!

It's from Kid Icarus: Uprising's online mode iirc. You can move back and forth while using it and you change your direction by "flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad towards the back of the fighter."

Edited by Konnor97

I'm posting this now since SF was buggy for me yesterday:

I'm actually really happy to see Prince Sable make it in as an assist, especially considering he's as obscure as you can get when it comes to old Nintendo characters (especially being Japan Only, portable games generally getting shafted in terms of Nintendo representation compared to console games, and having only two references outside Sable's own game). It's also really neat how much they stay true to his character regarding his frog and snake transformations and even the dust cloud that appears when he battles enemies.

I'm a fan of Prince Sable and all (and his frog and snake transformations would've made for an awesome and unique moveset if Sakurai still kept character transformations in SSB4), but with how insanely obscure he is even compared to other old Nintendo characters, I'd say he got beyond lucky making it in as an Assist Trophy.

I actually have to wonder if Sakurai is planning to make the "true" playable retro newcomer of SSB4 (assuming we're getting one whose series wasn't recently revived) a female like Mach Rider (she's female according to Vs. Mach Rider's ending) or Lip, seeing how Sakurai's gone quite female crazy in regards to SSB4 newcomers.

He himself may not have been whining about it, but "STOP HURTING THE POOR RETRO CHARACTERS" and the responses in general to this kind of thing...yeah. "Hurting?" No. People need to realize that it was likely either this or something lesser, not this or roster slot.

True, true. If anything being an assist or regular trophy helps retro characters reach a new audience. Especially Japan-exclusive ones.

But then what would Ganondorf's Final Smash be in comparison to the stage hazard?

The ultimate tennis match of death, perhaps?

That or he gets on a horse-and-buggy and rams over the opponents Captain Falcon style.

There are arguably 8 female newcomers; (Greninja a BIG arguable.) Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, Mii, Robin, and Lucina. However, having Zero Suit Samus and Shiek be their own characters makes them pseudo-newcomers, so that would, arguably, make it up to 10. 11, if you count Charizard too.

There are arguably 8 female newcomers; (Greninja a BIG arguable.) Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, Mii, Robin, and Lucina. However, having Zero Suit Samus and Shiek be their own characters makes them pseudo-newcomers, so that would, arguably, make it up to 10. 11, if you count Charizard too.

You could also make a claim that the Mii Fighter counts as three since there's three distinct movesets featured.