SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I know literally nothing about Shulk, what's the bigo dealio about him? Is he some rock-all hero badass in his game? He looks like typical JRPG Teenage-Oops-I'm-A-Hero-Now fella.

Elie, YOU were Shulk in Xenoblade Chronicles mafia :|

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a big dramafest that doesn't involve me. o.o

*watches and reads curiously so she can learn more about how to continue not being involved*

Yeah, I'm not a fan of clones either, but I've been able to ignore them due to my hype for other things, especially Ike. lol

And yeah, I really wanted Ghirahim... But assist trophy is the next best thing, so I'm glad to see him in the game as that! :D

I'm proud of you. :)

Most of my salt - because hell, I'll admit, I'm a tad unreasonable about all this - stems from Lucina and I feel like it was just so much wasted potential, especially since everything up to this point's been mind-blowing and then suddenly I'm just like... "What the fuck?"

I still miss Skull Kid, RIP.

My problem is we've got SIX.

not to be pedantic, but there are actually 7 Mario characters according to the leak

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Boozer, BJ, Rosalina, and Doc

How many sword-users are there now? I feel like aside from Metaknight having Wings, they're all gonna play pretty similarly

What. This is FAR from true. Most of the sword wielders have other tricks up their sleeves as well. Hell, Marth is the only one that actually uses his sword for ALL of his attacks (not including Lucina now, obviously). Even Ike has a few moves where he kicks and punches instead. The Links have their arsenal of junk along with their swords, Robin has magic (all of his/her special moves are magic!), and Shulk just seems to take using a big sword to a whole new level.

Edited by Anacybele

not to be pedantic, but there are actually 7 Mario characters according to the leak

... Fuckin' hell, that's like five times worse because DOC.

Sakurai, please, when we said Doc we meant Doc Louis.

Elie, YOU were Shulk in Xenoblade Chronicles mafia :|

I subbed in and died on cycle 2 or 3, within about 8 hours iiRC lol

And Ana you got me there; Link does have an Arsenal up his tunic

... Fuckin' hell, that's like five times worse because DOC.

Sakurai, please, when we said Doc we meant Doc Louis.

....I'm actually kinda excited to see Doc back.

>.>

<.<

*raises flame shield*

Remember the cutscene before Chapter 4 of Awakening? Where Chrom goes up against Lucina?

Now, we see Chrom's fighting style several times before hand, and he's not Marth at all. Chrom uses a broadsword vs a rapier, which require entirely different fighting styles for one, not to mention that Chrom is more... abrasive in battle, for lack of a better word.

Now in that cutscene, it's shown VERY EXPILICITLY that Lucina has the exact same fighting style as Chrom, and that she learned her skills from her father. Her father, as we know, is Chrom.

She fights like Chrom.

clones don't take nearly as much work as entirely new characters; if Lucina wasn't in, it doesn't at all mean an entirely different character would get in

to be fair I am also rather annoyed about the number of clones we seem to be getting, and how all three of them I can remember off the top of my head could very easily just be alt skins

Didn't Sakurai say that there weren't gonna be console exclusives? Also, if Rosalina can attack by herself and Luma at the same time, why should they remove someone with a similar mechanic who is well loved by the players?

yes, and it's why the IC aren't gonna be on Wii U either

Luma isn't nearly as resource intensive as Nana, from what I've heard

plus all the Koopa Kids amirite

....I'm actually kinda excited to see Doc back.

>.>

<.<

*raises flame shield*

It's okay, that's what you want. :)

clones don't take nearly as much work as entirely new characters; if Lucina wasn't in, it doesn't at all mean an entirely different character would get in

to be fair I am also rather annoyed about the number of clones we seem to be getting, and how all three of them I can remember off the top of my head could very easily just be alt skins

yes, and it's why the IC aren't gonna be on Wii U either

Luma isn't nearly as resource intensive as Nana, from what I've heard

plus all the Koopa Kids amirite

I know they don't, but my god how many is this now? Plus we have no idea if they've altered Captain Falcon's moveset from Ganon's, which at the very least they better do.

yeah it's gonna be nice being able to play as Mario without having that stupid FLUDD around(Unless Doc doesn't have the Tornado in which case I will happily get on the wtf Sakurai train)

plus it'll be cool having my mains from each Smash game available all at once (Kirby, Doc, TL FYI)

I know they don't, but my god how many is this now? Plus we have no idea if they've altered Captain Falcon's moveset from Ganon's, which at the very least they better do.

Footage from the leak seems to indicate he's still at least partially a clone. :/

Nope. They didn't.

We saw this on the leek leak videos.

really

cause I didn't see it

that is saying that they're good choices, not saying what merits they have

I already explained what merits they have...in what I believe was the first post you responded to.

bowser jr is a popular member of a popular franchise; duck hunt dog hasn't been relevant for ages

Relatively speaking, Bowser Jr. is not popular. After Toad, there are really no Mario characters that are popular Smash choices in Japan, and in the west he falls under the radar all the time. There are many characters more popular than Bowser Jr.

Duck Hunt, as I said before, is iconic. Bowser Jr. is not.

EDIT: also as I said earlier Bowser Jr looks hella interesting to play as

That's not relevant to having chosen him in the selection process.

you did not state outright that it was, but you said it in the manner that one would say a fact

I say what I say with confidence, but that doesn't mean I believe people can't disagree with me.

you're not understanding

I have no issues with you having opinions, stating opinions, or arguing about opinions

I was not saying "well that's an opinion" to discredit anything you were saying

what I took issue with was the way you framed your opinions; please stop misrepresenting my posts

I directly quoted you. How did I misrepresent you? You took issue with me stating an opinion. If anyone misrepresented anyone else, it was you who misrepresented me.

I don't see why I can't criticize conduct I find objectionable

if you think it's unreasonable criticism you could say that instead of misrepresenting it

I don't see how stating opinions, negative or positive, is objectionable conduct.

*watches and reads curiously so she can learn more about how to continue not being involved*

fortunately that insanely stupid shit has ended right now

back to your normal chatter

Probably it was because we already knew it, and hype went down and everything was expected/10, but I really enjoyed the trailer, specially the part where Marth and Link team up against Shulk and he manages to not get defeated via his vision. EDIT: Seeing these swordsmen perform in such an awesome way made me want to try them again and probably main them and refresh my mains.

Robin's and Lucina's trailer was full of surprise and there was some sort of expectative.

Also, holy shit this thread lmao

Edited by Quintessence

tumblr_n8u81ijtJa1qzb9hgo1_500.png

I'm still not giving up hope that this guy is one of the last 5 unlockables.

Words cannot express how much platonic love i feel for you right now, Rey.

Im hoping Ganny will have at least something from Hyrule Warriors... Otherwise, i might have to put some salt in my tea.

I already explained what merits they have...in what I believe was the first post you responded to.

Roy made sense, but Mewtwo shouldn't have been cut.

And yes, I will blame newcomers for the lack of veterans, specifically Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. has by far the least merits of all the newcomers. There's no excuse for him to be in over Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers. Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur make sense to be gone, but not Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers, especially Ice Climbers.

And what, just because I have other characters I like to use means I shouldn't complain about these? Bullcrap.

Don't give me this crap of "Oh it happened before so get over it." Two wrongs don't make a right and making a mistake once means it shouldn't happen again, not that it's okay for it to happen again.

still not seeing it

I can probably look back further, though

That's not relevant to having chosen him in the selection process.

fair enough

I honestly don't care enough about Bowser Jr., and I am happy to agree to disagree on which of them deserves to be in the least

as I said I'm not thrilled with any of them

I directly quoted you. How did I misrepresent you? You took issue with me stating an opinion. If anyone misrepresented anyone else, it was you who misrepresented me.

this:

I'm always up for discussion. Unfortunately, "That's your opinion" is not a good conversation starter (or perhaps it is, considering where we are now).

[snip]

Then you gave a useless statement about how what I said is an opinion, to which I can only respond, "No shit, Sherlock."

tl;dr disagree if you want, voice your opinions if you want, but if you're going to talk, say something substantial.

No shit it's an "opinion." Jesus, one second I'm told to let someone's opinion go, the other I'm being told I shouldn't say my own.

I say what I say with confidence because it's what I believe. Calling it an "opinion" doesn't downplay any of it, and really just shows that you have little of substance to actually respond to it with. If all you're going to say is, "Well, that's your opinion!" please just don't respond again.

is misrepresenting me

re: underlined - I assume that's regarding what I've been saying about the manner in which you stated your opinion

what I mean is whether that's your intention or not that's how it comes off

I don't see how stating opinions, negative or positive, is objectionable conduct.

you even quoted me when I said exactly what I objected to

you're not understanding

I have no issues with you having opinions, stating opinions, or arguing about opinions

I was not saying "well that's an opinion" to discredit anything you were saying

what I took issue with was the way you framed your opinions; please stop misrepresenting my posts

also you're doing that whole misrepresenting thing again

if there is anything further to discuss we should probably do it via PMs