SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm not a competitive player or anything, I just know that Smashville is by far the most played stage in Project M tourneys and I've seen competitive players call it the most neutral. It is both a flat stage with no platforms and a flat stage with one platform simultaneously, sort of getting the best of both worlds without being at all random. And you can go under the stage, which I think is important.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a competitive player or anything, I just know that Smashville is by far the most played stage in Project M tourneys and I've seen competitive players call it the most neutral. It is both a flat stage with no platforms and a flat stage with one platform simultaneously, sort of getting the best of both worlds without being at all random. And you can go under the stage, which I think is important.

From my experience in tourneys it usually ends up being poke stadium 2 or battlefied, though I also do not like open stages like FD and smashville due to my aggro aerial game (unless I'm falco).

Also, Saturdays would be best for me most likely for tourneys.

FoD is not the most balanced. High ceilings, weird platforms, and tether characters (especially those who can walljump) have insane recovery there. For PM, the standard starter is either Battlefield, Smashville, or Pokemon Stadium 2.

Yeah I'm just getting into the whole scene in terms of everything and from what I've seen smashville was really popular and considered probably the closest thing to neutral I could see.

Pics of the day

5J6eDJ.jpg

Hard Hat and Mad Taxi makes their cameos in the Smash Fest.

Jbu58k.jpg

YDGHPv.jpg

A nice spacey BG featuring whenever that you win a trophy. The bottom pic features the Mother logo when Ness gets a trophy.

Edited by PuffPuff

So does he still say his cheesy friend dialog in his victory animation in English unless they changed it?

edit:

This is rumor right now so take it with a grain of salt:

Also people are data mining the Japanese trophy icons and they found all the FE:A trophies but a certain character is missing.

The Tharja figure is not in any of the database despite it being in the leaks. The blank space in the image is the missing spot.

r7VtbZ9.jpg

k0NKpv3.jpg

I've got some trophies that aren't in that photograph. (They shall be revealed upon release day. US/EURO)
At least everything of that isn't leaked! You people that didn't normally want to be spoiled are in relief. =)

No Frederick trophy. That's dumb. If Lissa's there, Frederick should be too. Then we'd have had every character from the Prologue in the game in some form.

He outta. x.x
Since he plays advisor for both Chrom and MU (Aka: Jagan/Marth).

And Frederick is more important to the story than almost all of those characters. Tharja, Cordelia, and Lon'qu pretty much drop out of everything once they're recruited. Anna, Inigo, and Owain are even completely optional. But I give Anna a pass because she's been in almost every FE. And Tiki is fine because she's also in Marth's games.

Frederick still has dialogue throughout the entire game. Jagens get no love... Similarly, I thought Titania needed a trophy in Brawl. I'm even surprised Sothe got there, but Micaiah didn't. And I hate Micaiah.

Of course, I also have a bit of Frederick bias. :P

But you're right, it's a silly argument. It's not like it ruins the game or anything. lol

No love for Eyvel

(Briggid)
Both her and Adean wows many of the men even got Fin wrapped under their little fingers. Briggid made it to spotpass by the way (Awakening)

10685610_624031187709854_310031280799117

New Ike alt DLC confirmed!

=o

1. I'm pretty sure the trophy images are from the Japanese release considering the English release isn't available.
2. Sakurai wouldn't be the one to remove anything from a western release.
3. Having it might have bumped the game to a T rating, and Nintendo may have wanted to keep it at E10+ at the highest.

Like what happened with Mother 2 upon Brawl's release in the masterpieces.
Fire Emblem 3's removal was understadible though.

*Giggle*

I'd love to join after unlocking every Char.

Edited by PuffPuff

The main reasons that people are suggesting 2 stock is because of vectoring which is explained here: http://smashboards.com/threads/vectoring-the-replacement-to-directional-influence-in-smash-4.368780/

and the blast zones are farther away from the stages now.

For some reason, vectoring sounds just like Melee crouch canceling to me, except with every direction instead of just down.

I'm mostly available on Saturdays and Sundays unless I have someplace to go to. I do know a few things about competitive play and would be interested in a tournament of some sort.

A tournament sounds fun, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time or the skill.

I'll tell you what I tell my friends at job corps when I host PM tournaments (those are more house rules but still tourney like)

Don't worry about your skill, play to have fun. You'll probably learn some stuff too, even if you aren't interested in the competitive scene, a good number of my friends aren't. But they still enjoy it, we also do tons of fun 4 v 4s which I'd also be willing to do on my free time to those willing.

Jwox6Pj.jpg

SXjHSd7.jpg

Hee hee...

I don't think that they have this one in the DS game.

Edited by PuffPuff

The stage looks much bigger now. Either that, or the characters have shrunk considerably.

And tournament? I'm down for that. Just give me a chance to get the game and have some experience with it first, since it won't be posted to me until the 8th October or something like that, and I have no demo of it yet.

If there are gonna be tournaments, I'll probably have a look at that, too.

It depends on the time. As long as I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night for it. Geez, time zones.

I never liked Castle Siege. But since we already have one (new) FE stage per version, there's no need to complain.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed in the Fire Emblem stages. We have two generically generic stages and one stage that's from one of the games but functions exactly like the other two. :\

I mean, I'm glad we got as many FE stages as we did, but they don't really feel all that much like they're from FE, you know?

I'm honestly kind of disappointed in the Fire Emblem stages. We have two generically generic stages and one stage that's from one of the games but functions exactly like the other two. :\

I mean, I'm glad we got as many FE stages as we did, but they don't really feel all that much like they're from FE, you know?

Like he said, there were so many choices it was hard to choose from. But it's still kinda upsetting.

CASTLE SIEGE IS BACK OMG YES. :D It was my favorite stage in Brawl too!

But I would really like more game-specific locations, I agree. I do think Castle Siege is more based off of Tellius than the other games though. I mean, the soldiers in the background look like Daein troops and the fiery area is sorta like the Kauku Caves. And then there's the red flags which sorta look like they belong to Daein.

Still, something like the Tower of Guidance or the actual Kauku Caves would've been sweeter. Like Gaius levels of sweetness. :D

Castle Siege did a good job representing the series as a whole. It might have been visually similar to Tellius, but the idea of field battles and castles battles make up the bulk of Fire Emblem areas. IS also seem to have fallen in love with lava filled Fire areas too. Most games like to throw one in regardless of how much sense it makes to fight there. Give us a desert stage and a port stage and we have every common Fire Emblem map.

The maps are sorta disappointing, but the music sure isn't. =)

There could be a chance that we may get more than one FE stage in each version as Fire Emblem's popularity shot up enough to deserve to have another stage. ...And *Giggle* I'd like to have this stage more than anything...(Look at Kid Icarus, it got 3 reps along with at least two stages and the series' isn't as big as Fire Emblem's.)

nq7zD8.png

Edited by PuffPuff