SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I would be shocked if zero didn't have the japanese version. and he probably is just putting out the tier list out of the characters he has played a lot. Also he probably has the help of friends (like m2k) to put it together.

tier lists really only matter in like top level play anyways.

Indeed. Its likely a rough draft just to get the ball rolling.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesnt make any sense. If its from the demo version, how on earth did he compile the characters at all? What are you on about?

IIRC the E3 Demo and things like that had a larger roster.

Edited by Gaia

This doesnt make any sense. If its from the demo version, how on earth did he compile the characters at all? What are you on about? Most importantly, why the hell are you guys getting all defensive in the first place? Tier lists are going to start trickling in now that the game has been out for a little while. If they found out about vectoring, they have already begun the tiering process.

Sheesh.

well he played the demo, formed an opinion for the characters, and made a tier list. i'm not sure where the confusion is coming from.

I didn't say Sheik couldn't be allowed. I said that would be up to the tournament host. :P I said that Sheik could be excluded though, because not all of us consider him/her to be female regardless of what Smash or Trenin says.

Actually, that's pretty much just you.

Sheik is officially a woman in SSB and any tournament host who wants to exclude Sheik from a girls-only tournament should be banned from hosting tournaments.

well he played the demo, formed an opinion for the characters, and made a tier list. i'm not sure where the confusion is coming from.

umm

who won the invitational tournament. of course it's missing those characters, since pre release means it was from the demo version.

this really like, doesnt make sense cuz the demo (unless its a different demo) doesnt allow for much. So i feel like theres a complete chunk of information missing here. Plus:

I would be shocked if zero didn't have the japanese version.

that.

regardless of what Smash or Trenin says.

Bill Trinen is a man of great honor and integrity! You best check yo'self!

Actually, that's pretty much just you.

Sheik is officially a woman in SSB and any tournament host who wants to exclude Sheik from a girls-only tournament should be banned from hosting tournaments.

...Are you drunk or something? That is just plain over the line. Banning someone from hosting a tournament just because they have an opinion that you don't?

And fyi, I've met people that agree with me on Sheik's gender. But that's beside the point.

"Sheik is female" is a fact and not up to debate. If we make a tournament where only female characters can be used, then Sheik is in by default.

Obviously, I still disagree, but I refuse to get into this subject again. It always ends the same annoying way. But regardless, BANNING someone from hosting a tournament over this is still ridiculous.

Obviously, I still disagree, but I refuse to get into this subject again. It always ends the same annoying way. But regardless, BANNING someone from hosting a tournament over this is still ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. I'm all for not letting people host tournaments if those people are going to mandate ridiculous rules purely out of bias.

On another note, if anyone should be banned from a Super Smash Sisters tournament, it's probably Wendy Koopa. Not because she's an alt of a male character, but because she can't be used by more than one player at a time.

Wow, why is everyone so damn defensive? Get that salt out of your knickers, guys.

So im thinking i need to customize Villager's moves a bit. Is it only specials that are customizable, again? I can never keep it straight.

Trying it out. Demo is just standard Pikachu/Link/Mario/Villager/Rockman, Battlefield, and Solo/Group play for local connect, right? Nothing unlockable? Because I'm collecting coins but not sure why

Trying it out. Demo is just standard Pikachu/Link/Mario/Villager/Rockman, Battlefield, and Solo/Group play for local connect, right? Nothing unlockable? Because I'm collecting coins but not sure why

Yeah its just that. The coins dont do much of anything in the demo except maybe act like a high score? /shrug

Nothing is unlockable.

Coins carry over to the full game.

On another note, if anyone should be banned from a Super Smash Sisters tournament, it's probably Wendy Koopa. Not because she's an alt of a male character, but because she can't be used by more than one player at a time.

Well, now this you have a point on. Taken.

That is a good point. Is there really no way for two people to play as the same koopaling? Do we know enough of how things work online to determine what with random pairings and such?

Either way, there might be some way to work her in, like allowing one to play as her if the other player clearly wouldn't be choosing her anyway.

Wow, why is everyone so damn defensive? Get that salt out of your knickers, guys.

I can understand not wanting to be involved in arguments, but it really isn't helpful to go "SALT SALT SALT" every time one pops up.

I'm pretty sure I heard that was false? If it's not, then sweet.

I love how you can change Battlefield to the Final Destination version, so there is kind of two stages, at least. Kinda. Sorta. Not really? I've been having a blast as Link and Mega Man.

I can understand not wanting to be involved in arguments, but it really isn't helpful to go "SALT SALT SALT" every time one pops up.

Is it really helpful for people to be defensive when theres no need to be? Hmmm? People are flipping tables over the littlest stuff and being shitty to people without provocation. If you are into encouraging that, yeah im looking at you funny.

Oh yeah? Wiggy~

umm

this really like, doesnt make sense cuz the demo (unless its a different demo) doesnt allow for much. So i feel like theres a complete chunk of information missing here. Plus:

that.

it's still a valid tier list, though that doesn't mean it's accurate.

...Are you drunk or something? That is just plain over the line. Banning someone from hosting a tournament just because they have an opinion that you don't?

And fyi, I've met people that agree with me on Sheik's gender. But that's beside the point.

if people say sheik is a guy, they're wrong. think whatever you want about sheik in other places, but:

[spoiler=smashpedia]Sheik's gender in Ocarina of Time is still occasionally argued, however, Sheik is definitely considered a female in the Super Smash Bros. series. Several examples include that Sheik's Melee trophies describe her as being female, that Masahiro Sakurai refers to Sheik as female in her update on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! website, and that she is referred to as female within both Brawl and its manual.

Edited by Comet

it's still a valid tier list, though that doesn't mean it's accurate.

I actually never implied it wasnt. I was making note that theres characters missing from it. Especially since his assessment of Little Mac is consistent with what the buzz has been about lately and Mario's custom moves being kinda awesome. So you guys kinda jumped the gun with the defensiveness.

I'm pretty sure I heard that was false? If it's not, then sweet.

I've been told it happened in the Japanese version. If that's the case, I see no reason for it not to happen in the American and European versions.

I actually never implied it wasnt. I was making note that theres characters missing from it. Especially since his assessment of Little Mac is consistent with what the buzz has been about lately and Mario's custom moves being kinda awesome. So you guys kinda jumped the gun with the defensiveness.

no... i was just calling you out for saying that the tier list didn't make sense because it was missing characters. of course they weren't there, since it was the e3 version. i probably should have specified about how i was referring to the e3 version and not the eshop demo (even though they're both demos). ...i think i'll stop now so i don't risk burning down the forest.

no... i was just calling you out for saying that the tier list didn't make sense because it was missing characters. of course they weren't there, since it was the e3 version. i probably should have specified about how i was referring to the e3 version and not the eshop demo (even though they're both demos). ...i think i'll stop now so i don't risk burning down the forest.

bae, i was saying your comment didnt make sense. Not the tier list. You got your wires crossed, also you (or Carter) never specified that this guy had an e3 demo. See how that happened? A huge chunk of information was not conveyed and confusion happened. Bolded, yes this was the piece of information that was crucial that was missing.

if people say sheik is a guy, they're wrong. think whatever you want about sheik in other places, but:

[spoiler=smashpedia]Sheik's gender in Ocarina of Time is still occasionally argued, however, Sheik is definitely considered a female in the Super Smash Bros. series. Several examples include that Sheik's Melee trophies describe her as being female, that Masahiro Sakurai refers to Sheik as female in her update on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! website, and that she is referred to as female within both Brawl and its manual.

Smash has been known to get things incorrect. It also doesn't completely follow canon.

But see, we're doing the same thing we were last time this argument came up and it's just as pointless as it was before. My mind won't be changed, and neither will yours.

Edited by Anacybele