SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

If Majora's Mask had a stage, the moon should be a stage boss. And all the players but attack it to send it back into the sky.

Lemme guess, on top of the clock tower? That can work. Super Smash Flash 2 has a Clock Tower stage with the moon as an obstacle.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to play the demo and give my thoughts, even though they're irrelevant now.

BATTLEFIELD IS SO BORING omg

Mario - probably got buffs, but I hate his playstyle. Not exactly the most fun to use.

Link - Dat Dash Attack. The jump attack works wonders, certainly very useful. I think arrows are buffed too.

Mega Man - kind of hard to use. I wasn't able to connect with most of his KO moves. I'm sure someone more technical than I could learn him.

Villager - Really fun, maybe main worthy

Pikachu - Really disappointed in Pikachu's performance now. Maybe I might move on to someone else.

I have a hard time solely changing direction on Metal Blade, and using the Mega Upper. Everything else seems fine for me on him. :\

Really happy about that Jump Attack on Link, though.

Life sucks right now. So I need some drama to watch to feel better.

What is the most recent shitstorm in this thread so far?

Damn, nothing.

Anyways, Duck Hunt Dog is very annoying on For Glory when you're a character that can't speed past the explosives or can outrange them. Most specifically my frustrations with sword users.

This is not because you can't counter them.

It's that in lag, roll spamming is very effective online.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Out of the demo (had it for a week)

I like all five characters but have the most fun as Link (who is the best he's been outside of project M) and Megaman who takes some time to adjust to but if your a Megaman player will adapt to faster.

Anyways, Duck Hunt Dog is very annoying on For Glory when you're a character that can't speed past the explosives or can outrange them. Most specifically my frustrations with sword users.

From what I've watched, Duck Hunt Dog looks like a very boring character to fight against, so I'm kinda hoping he doesn't become a popular character to use...

Edited by Shulk

I like all five characters but have the most fun as Link (who is the best he's been outside of project M) and Megaman who takes some time to adjust to but if your a Megaman player will adapt to faster.

Link is so freakin' amazing to me. => All because of that jump special, mostly. Though I did spike a dude down into the bottom of the arena for the first time with him.

Started rolling the circle pad to do the Mega Upper now, so better-adjusted indeed.

Speaking of link why was he megaman Pikachu and Mario chosen to be in the demo ?

Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon make up the Nintendo god head. Megaman is a highly wanted third party character and Villager is... idk

Speaking of link why was he megaman Pikachu and Mario chosen to be in the demo ?

Mario, Link and Pikachu are the stars of the big three series of Nintendo

Villager and Megaman were the first two newcomer reveals.

That's how I think it was decided.

TMS5qO.jpg

Pic of the day...Genesect.

Whoever thought that this mechanical insect could become a hovercraft(Star Trek's enterprise). How it becomes one is unknown?

Edited by PuffPuff

We mean a subforum in this subforum...

Anyway, that sounds fine to me. I guess my ideas don't need their own thread if all of that stuff is going into one. It just seems redundant now. :P So I'll compile a list of what I've thought of and what I've seen others suggest. Besides the basic 3DS tourney/Wii U tourney, of course.

Super Emblem Bros. - A tournament using Fire Emblem characters only, meaning Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina. I realize that when I first suggested this one, it didn't really get a lot of attention, but I'm bringing it up again in case more people become interested now.

Super Smash Sisters - A tourney using only female characters. These characters include Zelda, Peach, Rosalina, both Samuses, female Wii Fit Trainer, female Robin, female Villagers, Lucina, Jigglypuff (all those feminine accessories in her alts suggest she's a girl), and Wendy Koopa (she's one of Bowser Jr.'s alts). Sheik can or cannot be eligible (this is up to the tourney host, as his/her gender has long been debated). This does not include male characters that have female alt colors (like Dixie colored Diddy Kong).

Super Smash Swordsmen - A tourney using only sword wielders. These include Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Meta Knight, and Shulk. Ganondorf is excluded because the only move where he uses his sword is a custom move.

Super Custom Bros. - A tourney using only custom character sets, Miis excluded.

Super Mii Bros. - A tourney using only Mii characters since they can be used online with friends.

Super Smash Mario Bros. - A tourney using only Mario characters, including Yoshi and Wario. I thought why not, there are so many now. lol

PokeSmash Bros. - A tourney using only Pokemon characters. That's Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Greninja.

I came up with these with competitive Smash in mind, but they can also be free-for-alls. If anyone else has ideas to add, fire away! :)

Female Mii's(Your creations) should count too.

*Giggle*

It'll be alot of fun to battle against characters that would normally never be in the games. :D

Life sucks right now. So I need some drama to watch to feel better.

What is the most recent shitstorm in this thread so far?

Damn, nothing.

Yeah, but...

The Duck Hunt Dog is very dangerous against slow characters.

These are...kinda annoying.

I don't have a capture card for the Jap version and the US version of Smash isn't out yet. x.x

-----

...And Sheik is female.

Her Japanese voice.
Jap version shows that she's female.
Edited by PuffPuff

I wish the demo was at least as deep in content as the E3 demo was.

So 20 characters and 10 stages.

*Giggle*

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Wait till you unlock the secret characters, then the character boxes will shrink to make room for them. :D

----

I also forgot to mention that there are more mii outfits to unlock in the game. Please put in a skirt, or dress, Sakurai, so that I can include my Mii creation Laura(FE10). :D

Unlocking requirements

It only requires 120 matches to unlock everyone. Still...that's better than the other games that you had to do alot more.

Edited by PuffPuff