SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Demo is a good warm up to kick my friends' asses (or in turn get mines kicked by them). Imma just change the controls to resemble a GC controller when I get the game (WyTF is Grab L?!)

I definitely like Mario the most of the 5 due to his powerful balance in speed and power. The best parts of the demo: Seeing Villager have a fearful face. Because honestly, the majority of the Smash community should stop worshiping him like he's Satan. Also, I hate his smile and how people usually thinks he keeps it that way no matter what. I don't know much, really.

Edited by Foolishly Capricious

There's no indication in that quote about DLC. I can see Ice Climbers being Wii U-exclusive DLC, but there be a 3DS-exclusive DLC character, who, in that case, would be best as being Isaac. Just saying.

http://pastebin.com/icY3LBFV

Here's a text file that has every line of text in Smash 4 written in it. It's a massive file, but it's super interesting.

In particular, it mentions an in-game shop (line 3344). hrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

Maybe there's a reason his assist trophy got removed...

Edited by Alertcircuit

Maybe there's a reason his assist trophy got removed...

Unfortunately, we still can't be sure. Though I guess, if there are plans for DLC, then it's actually a good thing that Isaac is no assist trophy anymore.

But concerning an ingame-shop: Isn't there a shop for trophies in the game?

I've just unlocked all of the characters and there are 49. Nope. The IC aren't in it. -.-

Wii-U game is their only chance now of making it in.

Originally, they were planning to have 50 characters, but...the 3DS version will only have 49. :/

Edited by PuffPuff

Watching Smash4 tourney here

http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming

It's really depressing how hard it is for people to get KO's in this game. People get smashed at 200% and still survive constantly. <_<

Noticed this as well. Most likely they changed the blast line or buffed DI (I also heard of a new mechanic called "vectoring")

Noticed this as well. Most likely they changed the blast line or buffed DI (I also heard of a new mechanic called "vectoring")

It's both.

Vectoring actually affects the distance the move launches you, instead of just directing it in a more beneficial direction.

Why does it bother you?

There's nothing wrong with trying to see how much we can achieve with the limited features in the demo...!

Knowing how people get with smash, it's rarely "to see how much we can achieve".

Edited by shadowofchaos

By the way guys, replays are NON-TRANSFERRABLE except by the Replay Channel via Nintendo Wifi. As in you only get random ones.

They are ENCRYPTED on your SD card just like any other SD Card Data for games.

Only in game screenshots are unencrypted.

Disappointing.. how are we suppose to get all our future sf tourney videos all edited together now?

I mean I really would like to see every sf tourney match recorded no matter what. So sad days I guess we'll find some way to all post em up.. unless other people hate this idea.

Disappointing.. how are we suppose to get all our future sf tourney videos all edited together now?

I mean I really would like to see every sf tourney match recorded no matter what. So sad days I guess we'll find some way to all post em up.. unless other people hate this idea.

It depends on how many of us have a capture card and free time. The way to do it is have three players in each math and have the one recording it commit suicide three times leaving the other two to fight it out and third to watch, record and commentate if need be.

It depends on how many of us have a capture card and free time. The way to do it is have three players in each math and have the one recording it commit suicide three times leaving the other two to fight it out and third to watch, record and commentate if need be.

That wouldn't work, unfortunately. Remember the rules that Sakurai put in the online? If one suicides on purpose too much and stuff, they get banned. And SF tourneys would obviously be online.

Besides that, I doubt any of us besides SOC has a capture card. They're so damned expensive. Some phones can take pretty decent quality pics of 3DS screens, so I'm assuming the same would hold true for videos, but there's no way to get both screens in.

That wouldn't work, unfortunately. Remember the rules that Sakurai put in the online? If one suicides on purpose too much and stuff, they get banned. And SF tourneys would obviously be online.

Most people play online tournaments through friends only matches. Bans are only affected in random battles.

It depends on what kind of tournament is going on. I suggested plenty of ideas earlier in thread.

Most people play online tournaments through friends only matches. Bans are only affected in random battles.

Oh. xP Now that I didn't know,

How exactly would the SF tournament work? 1 Vs 1? Free for alls? Certain members fight others?

I assume we'll have 1 vs 1 tourneys as well as Teams and maybe we can do some FFA tourneys too for randomness sake.

I love Team Battles!

Would Friendly Fire be on? Sometimes I have random urges to just kill EVERYONE on the screen, and that would include my teammate... xD. But unless I'm trying to WIN, then I'd be able to control myself.

Ooh, a teams tourney would be cool! I'd love to partner with Carter or Rando since I know them well and they're cool peeps. :3

That'd be great! I'm thinking Peach or ZSS would be a good match with your Ike.

I love Team Battles!

Would Friendly Fire be on?

Standard tournament rules, if we choose to follow those, would make those on.

Otherwise, someone could spam projectiles and not be detrimental at all to their teammate.

Standard tournament rules, if we choose to follow those, would make those on.

Otherwise, someone could spam projectiles and not be detrimental at all to their teammate.

This is pretty much the reason friendly fire needs to be on.

Doubles tourneys will be fun too :)

For tourneys we can just do random seeding (at least for the first time) and double elimination. After hearing some things the 2 stock 5 min rules is probably what its going to be.

That'd be great! I'm thinking Peach or ZSS would be a good match with your Ike.

Somebody who's fast probably would, yes! With a lot of power via Ike and speedy moves via someone like ZSS, they'd crush a lot of competition. ^^

Back when I hosted a Brawl tourney we used World Cup rules: Divide all participants in groups of four, and the best two of each group move to the finals, where it becomes "lose a match and you're out".

This way it ensures everyone gets at least to fight three different participants.